Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A Plague Tale: Innocence

If you like story driven games, it's a great choice for you. Set in year 1349, when the Black Death was roaming through France, and many other European countries. For maximum enjoyment I recommend using native french voice actors with English subtitles, because they did excellent job and it adds to the overall experience. The rat mechanics are simple, but enjoyable, plus some stealth elements which shouldn't be a problem for most of the people here. I liked the soundtrack, because of that leading cello that sets a perfect mood for the whole game. A must buy for rat lovers!

aplaguetaleinnocence_vkjy5.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_dvjf8.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_txj7h.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_78kjz.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_gbj6n.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_p2ke7.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_cskix.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_bckga.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_cck50.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_0ckfl.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_8vkgs.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_k5kx9.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_29kli.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_zxkb3.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_5njhj.jpg

aplaguetaleinnocence_ghk5m.jpg

Last edited:

Humanophage

Arcane
Not the fanciest settings, but I just wanted to demonstrate potentially interesting gameplay since no one reads the corresponding forum.
На махине, по пустыне едешь ты давить скотину...
ezgif-3-be121cd71b8f.gif
Yeah, it also reminded me of Ex Machina/Hard Truck Apocalypse, and it turns out that it's from the same devs and set in the same universe. It feels good that they decided to stick with their own setting 10 years down the road and it shows a degree of dedication to the theme.

Sjukob

Arcane
Yeah, it also reminded me of Ex Machina/Hard Truck Apocalypse, and it turns out that it's from the same devs and set in the same universe. It feels good that they decided to stick with their own setting 10 years down the road and it shows a degree of dedication to the theme.
Speaking of dedication, there's one game froom russian developers that is currently in the making - Механоиды 3. After all these years they seem to have finaly decided to make a direct sequel. I even wanted to create a thread on codex to shill for it, because I kind of like the series, but decided against it, because it wouldn't be interesting to anobody. They get funds and post development updates on their patreon page, seems like the game doesn't have a solid foundation and can flop or be cancelled easily, but I still hope that they will deliver eventually. To me projects like this seem like those garage works from 20 years ago, but that's how games like Space Rangers, Allods and the others got made. Glad to see that stability and traditions are well preserved in Russia, huh.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Things are getting interesting mapping-wise in Dungeon Master.

ZKnMEH3.png

Most annoying thing about this level was not the fireballs or the giggling nazi thieves, but the fact (that I had forgotten) that the Solid Key is almost impossible to see lying in a non-obvious spot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom