Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

potatojohn

Arcane
K58DRVz.png

1tfiecy.png

V5QIiP0.png

ibS44vt.png

er126xx.png

xzPwE23.png

ZVjrOwv.png

351W9pQ.png

9eXVvHK.png

PXA9i3b.png

Ehnl7w6.png

NMRiF4U.png

1bvp83B.png

kULJYlv.png

spekkio

Arcane
Shadowrun - Modoru

jCv6eyZ.jpg

2uSoZ9b.jpg

Forgot that I made a female character when naming. Thus, imma tranny. :(

sqPZOFj.jpg

Street Samurai? Moar liek Street Ninja...

ylkKSLr.jpg

Kkl9gTi.jpg

:obviously:

Anyway, people criticizing the story for being "bland" probably haven't played a single jRPG in their lives. :roll:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Shadowrun - Modoru

jCv6eyZ.jpg

2uSoZ9b.jpg

Forgot that I made a female character when naming. Thus, imma tranny. :(

sqPZOFj.jpg

Street Samurai? Moar liek Street Ninja...

ylkKSLr.jpg

Kkl9gTi.jpg

:obviously:

Anyway, people criticizing the story for being "bland" probably haven't played a single jRPG in their lives. :roll:

Shadow run has C&C with multiple endings, its got nothing to do with Jrpgs

potatojohn

Arcane
3qt7mkN.png

p8Bwf6z.png

rkCsXez.png

LU9oHDO.png

reDZ5Kp.png

d8iCoPD.png

M05I1jR.png

JBKSaQ3.png

eqJFx1X.png

7FhhTys.png

mMq1mKp.png

kukUb3w.png

vg1nNs7.png

pkWNbYm.png

nLXOWjX.png

mtiOKcV.png

CvQYC2Z.png

PSnbsEt.png

UtPFQXA.png

s9INEab.png

bgepTZV.png

hbxqX2C.png

lpdDuHj.png

Gotta say, having come to Cyberpunk 2077 knowing nothing at all (not even when it was going to release), I think this is one of the best games I've ever played

I pity the fools that spent years following it and are now unable to enjoy it for the masterwork that it is.

yellowcake

Arcane
Konjad is it still a trainwreck?
No, no bugs, and the gameplay is great. Here's my review which I posted in the game's thread:
This is honestly the best pirate RPG I've ever played. It has low Steam ratings because of a really botched release version, but as of late 2020 all bugs seem to have been squashed. Although I haven't finished the game yet, after hours of play I did not encounter a single issue with the game at all, not even a minor bug, so it seems all is fine by now.

The atmosphere of the game is superb. It feels quite grim and violent, which fits the pirate theme perfectly. It's more akin to Black Sails TV series than any other pirate game I ever played. Music is very pleasant, from calm ambient sounds and quiet theme to tavern sordid songs sung and played by NPCs, it all fits perfectly. Visuals are just as good, the game is fairly gloomy, nonetheless, there are not only dark jungles or dirty docks, but also beautiful beaches and wealthier town parts which look authentic and pleasant.

The main storyline might not be the most interesting one with its theme of vengeance, but it is properly delivered and side quests can be quite interesting. Moreover, the main character, who is a pirate, acts like one. A deranged man with no morals and you get to play the bad guy, which is rare even in pirate games - which usually while allowing you piracy, have storylines about saving someone or the world or you always act like the nice guy helping others and just receiving payment as a reward, or becoming a merchant. In Vendetta it's the complete opposite. I especially appreciate the complete lack of any political correctness and realistic portrayal of the times. Lots of swearing from pirates, as well as "dirty talk", no "poor and defensless native people" just trying to stay alive against evil colonizers like in Risens. Here they are portrayed in a more authentic way of the brutal world and in their interactions with outsiders. They are depicted as uncivilized and often as immoral as invaders, if not more. Women are clearly presented in the game more to be either wives or prostitutes, no women captains or governors. Piracy is more profitable than trade as well. While this all might sound a little harsh and degrading, it is a realistic depiction of the times and places.

Combat is outstanding. Both land fights and sea battles are enjoyable and challenging. A lot of people in Steam reviews complain about the combat - I suspect these people don't enjoy the challenge. When you fight in melee you need to time your attacks correctly and block properly. Mashing LMB will get you killed quickly. Fights require patience, not throwing yourself at the enemy. When fighting multiple enemies, they will not allow you to duel them in succession, but instead stab you in the back as soon as they can. To win unfair fights you're often going to need some dirty tricks, including kicking, using second weapon that is your hook, or using pistols - and you can carry up to three of them loaded simultaneously. There are skills improving your possibilities in combat, but more important are the player's skills.

Sea battles are also well made, but more similar to other pirate games. You press a button to give command to shoot from left, right or front, and have option to use three different kinds of ammunition. Boarding is also possible, although you don't take a part in it directly, but just give orders. There are different ships to use in the game and each of them can be upgraded so as to make it better in some ways, such as you can sacrifice some space for cargo to load more cannons on the ship. My only complaint is that you can only have one ship. There is no way to hire another captain and create a fleet, which is a shame because I'd really like to make a fleet and besiege a town, but I guess that was beyond developers' time or capabilities.

There are also multiple factions to join, but you don't need to join anyone and are able to remain a lone wolf throughout the game, however, you can get more quests if you join one of them, i.e. the French. In addition, you never have too much money in Raven's Cry, as often is the case in other RPGs. There are always multiple things to spend money on, and ships can be very expensive.

Recapitulating, this is a properly done Role-Playing as well as pirate game with fantastic land and sea combat, marvelous realism and authenticity of the world and decent enough story. All activities in this game give plenty of entertainment, whether it is combat, dialogues, exploration or piracy. There are no weak or poorly made parts of the game, which is extremely rare in pirate games. Bugs seem to have been fixed too. Overall, it's a really great game worth time and money. Unquestionably the best game from Reality Pump. If you enjoy RPGs, then I strongly recommend playing Vendetta as it's an engrossing and gratifying experience.

If i loved Risen 2 will i enjoy this one?
Yes. It's better than Risens. Basically, it's Risens but with good combat.

I got the game because I was a bit bored. Guess what, it has EAX sound! For this only they deserve my money.

Psquit

Arcane
a2HjXJY.png

Spoilers for one of the endings.

SxetY0O.png

WAIFU NOOOOO!

aieTtQ2.png

Not really that impressive for a boss fight. But I like his design, also he is so underutilized.

zAHMaMN.png

I spared him cause, he looks cool.

alVkdmI.png

See you space Samurai.

Humanophage

Arcane
Not the fanciest settings, but I just wanted to demonstrate potentially interesting gameplay since no one reads the corresponding forum.

VJtwqie.jpg

ClZjVmY.jpg

cEWMShb.jpg

5PxS8Ta.jpg

ideAz3O.jpg

K4TFdPh.jpg

6A6kWkv.jpg

mFNGC3d.jpg

3INeuk3.jpg

qS2sOCt.jpg

Fancier settings from the internet:
XCrxzUc.png

m3j7wbgy89661.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom