Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
URSv5wZ.png

6iuXZ9b.png

spnOz2w.png

x10267S.png

3tuWQyY.png

h9W5A18.png

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Streets of Rogue
Any good? Your screenshot is the first time I'm reading about it, and it looks interesting.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...lite-in-a-procedurally-generated-city.127715/

edit.
Actually I should probably say something about the game.

It's fun enough that I'm trying to do another playthrough with other character class.
Soldier is a bit of an easy mode with health regen (which can be improved) and good initial weapon loadout, but there was still some good hijinx in that playthrough, like me winning killer robot in straight firefight (because of improved regen), my attempt to start zombie apocalypse in uptown or me burning a nightclub to the ground with can of oil in industrial area.

Last edited:

fork

I'd say no.

It was promising 5 years ago, but it will never be finished, and what's there just isn't a good enough game to recommend. That being said, there are some people who love it and it's only 14 bucks or so. So there's that.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
What an amazing game this was! Great fun! May have taken too many screenshots again. 2075. Haha! Time to play Mary Skelter 2 next!

UM3HUlF.jpg

9IlRrws.jpg

aHGbMDA.jpg

t5yjihf.jpg

This is the post game dungeon. It's huge! There are three more floors to it.

7w8ntOT.jpg

WTW6NTp.jpg

An acquired taste for autism!

gY71Ssh.jpg

cuiaTxH.jpg

pqKBTEM.jpg

M'lady...

ssLp8ci.jpg

M'lady! The feet!

yYdUIGR.jpg

bSeJRfF.jpg

TKzMSIt.jpg

Bq1fnb8.jpg

47Aqe75.jpg

ns28k77.jpg

QDvLtKO.jpg

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
How does this compare to Etrian Odyssey series?
No idea, haven't played those games.
Mary Skelter Nightmares has some interesting gameplay mechanics that make fights pretty entertaining. Killing enemies can splatter their blood on the party. The harder you kill them, the more blood you get on everyone. Eventually characters will be covered in enough blood to enter Massacre state, increasing damage and unlocking access to new and powerful abilities. Taking damage from enemies corrupts characters a bit and if they enter that Massacre state when fully tainted then they'll enter Blood Skelter state and you lose control over them. Anything can happen at that point. They're way stronger than normal, can act multiple times during their turn and can attack both friend and foe. You can end up having your caster unleash a spell on the entire party, killing everyone and then killing herself on the same turn, or if you're lucky that spell can be cast twice or even thrice on the enemy group. The protagonist, while unable to participate directly in combat, has access to certain abilities that can purge corruption from the party.
Exploring the dungeon is good stuff. The levels are large and full of twists and turns. Each character has a special ability that helps in mapping out the place. Abilities like placing explosives to clear up paths, firing arrows to trigger distant mechanisms, spells that can pull movable objects towards the party etc.
Bosses are pretty good as well. Each dungeon has a boss that is immortal at the beginning and is roaming the place in search for the party. Running into them begins a chase. The map is disabled, the entire area darkens quite a bit and you have to find a way of escaping. Those character abilities that work during exploration can also be used against bosses during chases. There are also some giant bosses that you have to fight on multiple floors to defeat. They're quite a spectacle and there are a few ways of approaching those encounters.
The story's nothing to write home about, but it does its job. The character interactions and silly events that happen around the base are all good fun though.
The game's lengthy enough, took me around 93 hours to finish. It's definitely worth a play!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom