Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
pJ2D1AQ.png

MCA invented The Dark Knight

Also, just got 960x600 working, game looks pretty sweet.

Ashery

Prophet
Decided to take a break from NS2 and return to some good ol' Stronghold.

rxdqGaT.jpg

Probably one of the most frustrating missions in the campaign. You inherit one of the worst designed keeps imaginable. The barracks is taking up precious space near the stockpile. Not a single fucking tower along the wall (I built the lone tower you see). No safe access to land outside the "castle" (Again, I built the rear gatehouse). Gah, it's just un-fucking-believably bad. The siege you see comes only a few minutes into the map. It's a rush to buy bows, recruit archers, finish the moat, and get at least one tower up before it arrives.

9Kfwzwm.jpg

Now this is what this game's all about. Delicious, delicious sieges :love:

hqWVYD2.jpg

Aftermath from the above siege.

fKzSgPy.jpg

This map is trivial compared to the last...even on very hard. Goal: Population of 100 with 75% blessed.

I, of course, don't exactly rush to fulfill the objective and instead decide to build up a massive garrison for no other reason beyond that I can.

oLjgX3r.jpg

pjbwxLz.jpg

I did, however, fuck up and fail to get any combat pictures. The sieges were fairly basic, though. Catapults along with a small contingent of mace men and archers. Main problem was that the catapults would fuck up my quarries every siege.

nbgoSFF.jpg

Once again, no combat pictures. The last siege of the mission came and I repelled it so easily I didn't even consider that it would've been the final one.

Military might through economics, baby. All but eight of those buildings are producing weapons (The other eight are bakeries). I'm nearing the point where I literally can't recruit any faster as the game has a hard cap on the rate of population growth.

1Q5MMxr.jpg

:smug:

This was the first mission that you face off against swordsmen. The first siege with swordsmen is tiny, but you don't have crossbows at the start and swordsmen can take a massive beating from archers before dropping. The five swordsmen on the first siege did more damage than the entirety of the final siege.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Is that guy in the corner always smiles like an idiot?
(Played only Stronghold 2 when someone gifted it in 2005).

Ashery

Prophet
Even back in the days, I just couldn't stand stronghold's colour palette, it's too fucking bright and either you cannot change gamma settings or it just turns too dark.

Too...bright?

Is that guy in the corner always smiles like an idiot?
(Played only Stronghold 2 when someone gifted it in 2005).

His mood reflects your current popularity. So, yea, unless you've gotten fucked somehow and your popularity has dropped below 50, he'll always be smiling like an idiot.

zwanzig_zwoelf

:what:
What abomination is this?

My precious eyes!
This looks like any modern game in isometric perspective without shadows and/or lightmaps plus having all those 'funky awsum colors gäss ppl wll buy it'.
Shorter, it looks like tubgirl without the actual girl itself.

riatt5.jpg

The very beginning of another Grindan Adventure. But I hope I'm wrong.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
It's very fun.
For instance, the Apothecary gets herself kidnapped and is held captive at dungeon level 5.
In the meantime a named monster appears in the Sinking Desert and you get a quest to kill it.
Some random fuck decides is a good idea to poison the well of the town so some of your recruits gets a plague (minus stats and attack %).
The only one able to clean the well is the Apothecary, currently missing.
So I gear up and start traversing the dungeon to find the damned woman.
Since the named mob is left unchecked he starts a revolt (increase the number of a certain monster in the area) and forms a group of named monsters.
By the time I get to level 4 of the dungeon the area is overrun with named monsters, that have formed their individual groups.
The result?

179yc9.jpg

Orange circled mobs are Named uniques

Humppaleka

Cipher
I wanted to like Depths of Peril but I didn't. Yet. I'll try it again properly some time.
In the meantime, Din's Curse seems much more focused, even if they play mostly the same.

yellowcake

Arcane
Some more Unreal shots. This is my first playthrough of this game and I enjoy it very much, I'd say it's better than Q2. I noticed some things that were of influence to HL1 designers, some parts certainly were an inspiration for them. Also VooDoo graphikz are gorgeous.

6APvoF2.jpg

2FXkTsj.jpg

tt3n9R9.jpg

JCrhP5Z.jpg

R1lR2km.jpg

MkKL0Ll.jpg

rUt7mjE.jpg

fSNkSAk.jpg

2KyVGwO.jpg

sUoA6sO.jpg

L1G7P6E.jpg

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
So,

Which is better, and why? Are any of them worth playing (i.e. not shit)?

I only have played Din's Curse (with Demon Wars expansion) extensively and just started Depths of Peril, so I won't comment on the others.
I agree that Din's Curse feels overall better, might also be because Shadow made several improvements both on the quest mechanics and exanded a lot on the amount of possible builds, skills and gear.

But to me Depths is more interesting because of the Covenants and the whole diplomacy concept.
It's possible to cheese easily in this game but if you don't abuse the covenant portal and the easy way to increase your relation with the other factions it's a very interesting Murphy's Law simulator.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom