Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

zwanzig_zwoelf

Sounds like it's right up my alley. Also I dig early 3D graphics like these.
Gonna hunt it down and give it a try!
Oh yeah, forgot to say that it has cool electronic soundtrack. So if you're into that kind of music, you're going to have an eargasm.
Ah, shit, I will just post some tracks.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Going into Deep Spess in Kerbal Space Program.

Did you check out the new Mechjeb 2.0 yet? It has some nice new features such as finetuning maneuver nodes with numbers instead of dragging handles back and forth, custom information windows so you can have on-screen instrumentation and more. Scott Manley's made a couple of videos showing off the new features. Mechjeb will even do docking for you now if you desire, although it consumes a buttload of monopropellant. It can handle the radial docking ports as well.

Another really cool thing it has is an alarm clock. You can tell it to alert you at a given time and stop time warp or pause the game. Scott used it in his interplanetary operations tutorial to keep track of launch windows to different planets.

potatojohn

Arcane
miTBQv7.png

Ssss...

Zdzisiu

Arcane
potatojohn

What motivates you to play Cataclysm DDA for more than one or two in-game days? I always get this feeling that it will just be running to the nearest city to grab some resources and then run away from zombies and repeat until boredom sets. And thats when I go "Meh, I doesnt seem fun enough".
Is there something more interesting? Some kind of goal, a reason to play?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Soulbringe_VCnoeax_2013_04_15_05_05_45_53.png

Taking on 3 brigands at the same time wasn't such a clever idea.
But cutting off their motherless dicks seemed to be the only working tactic.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Duna has a thin atmosphere, so Aerobraking is only really effective if you skim across the surface close enough to make out individual rocks at 2+ KM per second

k9WxxY2.png

COMMENCE HARROWBREAKING MANEUVRE!

iViDZQ1.jpg

Cassidy

Arcane
Jumping on the bandwagon, Corporate_Jew_Master claimed it is impossible to stand a chance as Greece in Victoria II. Maybe not in vanilla, but definitively yes in A Pop Divided:

xFDUJQI.jpg

I got bored with playing the influence minigame to isolate kebab diplomatically by making all its other Great Power allies hate and forget it so that Constantinople can be Greek again, and stopped playing at this point.

Also spot the absurdity in this screenshot.

I never claimed it was impossible, you need to colonise or get russia/brits to do the fighting for you.

But yeah, Pop divided is ass for greece. Your ships can't even block the strait.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Ulminati not really, although setting up maneuver nodes via commands rather than by click and dragging sounds good due to the obvious accuracy advantage (also it sometimes get cluttered and you pull the wrong node). Does it have a launch window countdown for hohmann transfers? It had phase angles in the old version but an actual launch window clock would be nice, even if time is a non-issue for now. That way I could at least warp it to a week or two before even launching the thing. Actually if it set up nodes for you for optimal transfers it would be cool, maybe finally I would stop entering SoIs from above or below the target's orbital plane making me end up on ridiculously inclined orbits.

Still I'll probably install it whenever the mining update comes out as I need to purge my KSP folder of certain mods. Mostly the lazor mod which uses up a fairly large bit of system resources, also the kethane mod as it will be redundant, the loading times got a bit obnoxious both on startup and between the KSC and spacecraft. The next update will probably break persistence files, if it won't there's going to be the knowledge database so starting from scratch to fill it up with SCIENCE! will be a good idea IMO. That and those kethane rigs I have now will be a bit obsolete, no sense to keep them around.

Unless it turns out you need to transfer fuel via land-docking (I'm hoping the issue of fuel transfer on the surface will be resolved via EVA fuel lines or something), then I'll probably still use the lazor mod as much as I rather not. Land-docking is very dangerous in low-g environments due to the separation force. Seen it cause my huge tanker do somersaults on Ike when filled up to full. Better just use the yellow lazor to transfer fuel from the refinery rig.

Also real kerbals do lithobreaking :obviously:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I haven't messed with Kethane yet. All I use from the lazor mod is the camera, whose functionality I've transplanted onto all the docking ports. I'm thinking of getting a custom capsule instead where I can line up everything from IVA. I know I saw one on Scott's channel.

The new mechjeb maneuver planner is pretty sweet. Instead of telling it to perform an operation, you now have the option to plan them instead and it'll generate maneuvers for you to fly. I tested it with asking it to plan a Hohmann burn and correction burn to Eve, and got a 60km periapsis encounter. If you're extra lazy you can tell it to fly the nodes you or it has planned for you. Handy for Nuclear/Ion missions as you can tell it to do the tedious stuff while you get a cup of coffee.

You should check out Scott's channel Hellraiser. He's using some good stuff at the moment. He has a mod in the VAB that allows him to save sub-assemblies such as launch vehicles for pasting into new designs. Atmospheric reentry heat. A search tool called haystack for finding the mission you want to control once LKO is cluttered with debris and a bunch if other cool stuff

Hellraiser

Arcane
Ulminati can it plan nodes for targeted landings yet? I can roughly do them myself but mechjeb automatic landing is far better for those really fucked up high latitude landing sites. The last time I landed a kethane rig which was obviously a very laggy high part count craft I just had the thing land it for me as doing manuevers manually with laggy spacecraft is a pain. Especially when you need to redo it 3 or 4 times because you miss your target or burn too much and end up with no fuel for true lithobreaking on Duna.

Also I have good news, last week on monday's dev stream they showed new command pod IVA's including a circular high visibility pod (it wasn't shown from the outside though) which will probably get called the tie fighter pod as the IVA resembled the insides of one in the layout/visibility. Also we're getting a one man lander can (also with good visibility) and I think a separate observation pod but it could be the tie fighter one and I was just derped and didn't realise that. Anyway IVA is getting inclined, they even added one for the hitchhiker habitation module:

BFwqktNCAAAqSI6.png

I think you'll approve of the fact Kerbals only play board games in spess.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ulminati can it plan nodes for targeted landings yet?

I think so, yes. Why don't you find out yourself? :)
Forums are down right now, but I have a direct link to latest version cached -> http://www.mumech.com/uploads/MechJeb2_2.0.6.zip

Also, part of me is morbidly curious as to what's in the NOT FOOD locker and why it was necessary to label it as such.

[edit]

Also, Hellraiser, you want this: http://kerbalspaceport.com/kerbal-alarm-clock-2/
PluginPic-293x247.png

And this: http://kerbalspaceport.com/haystack/
screenshot14.png

And this: http://kerbalspaceport.com/subassembly-saver-loader/
aWVC83E-293x209.png

They're awesome things that the devs really need to incorporate into the core game.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They do have pretty good modding support via plugins, so lack of open source is not that bad.

KSP is a Unity3D game and this might be a factor why it can't be opensourced. I guess the developers desire to :keepmyjewgold: might also be a factor.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wlv52e3.jpg

Fighting with gorillas

WYtQU84.jpg

Admiring the architecture

uh1vBmC.jpg

The best Lara is wet Lara

pjOq1H3.jpg

That sounds like a TR 2013 reboot qte edition dialogue :bounce:

FkEvzfd.jpg

You're one ugly mother...

5uIRMHE.jpg

The End

Qvps0cW.jpg

So many jump deaths, and so little grimdark and violent killing. Good remake of good game.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
You'll really like Heart of Darkness then. It is rather dumb how you could kill 300k foreign bastards and they still keep throwing people against your trenches without nary a rebellion
Is it out? Thought it was coming out tomorrow.

I think you're right. But the crisis system will help out a lot. Dismantling North America will be far more entertaining.

zwanzig_zwoelf

game_2013_04_15_09_02_32_73.png

Just playing some Game of Thrones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom