Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
The Sunspire. That level blew my mind when I first saw it.

:love:

yellowcake

Arcane
Fuck me I'm a graphic whore, no denying this. I have never had this much fun out of a video card. GLide rules.

omk3pWl.jpg

JBmv63q.jpg

NDwhiVt.jpg

IzsI9v2.jpg

UmLhcLU.jpg

J5axvRc.jpg

l41kKto.jpg

J9pvoR9.jpg

idgmIgH.jpg

WNJNp2I.jpg

hQmnSeR.jpg

EzwdLZo.jpg

a4tzw8P.jpg

NnNNUiW.jpg

4gU91gP.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I still don't get this GLide thing do you need a specific video card?

:?

But not really, with a glide wrapper you can use nVidia or Ati too.

it looks ugly as fuck

Retarded newfag would never know the difference between hardware and software rendering.

aris

Arcane
I know the difference, probably much better than you. What the fuck does that has to do with the fact that it looks ugly as fuck? And I'm not only talking about the graphics techonology here, I'm talking about the art direction as well, which is nothing particular, and your standard late 1990s fare when it comes to level design.

Lorica

Educated
I see a really nice variety in settings. Having never played Heretic, I couldn't name the places, but the lizard/aquatic motif in the second half of those pictures is really nice. If you look, every screen cap has details that reinforce an aquatic theme. Some of them look really nice on their own, but taken together, it's nice cosmetic touch to keep it from looking like Dungeon #45208-B without requiring huge resources or gimmicky crap.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Judging by the last few pages it looks like Blood Dragon has fucked out the last remnants of brains of our hipsters because screenshots are nothing but color puke.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I, for one, belong to those people who actually find early 3D games (mid-90s to early 2000s) to be very good-looking. I just like their aesthetics in general. They just look... right. Dunno how to properly express it.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Mandatory join date reply?
Mandatory shitstorm on tasteful art direction vs graphics?
Silence?
Ignore?

C:\_
How the fuck is that tasteful art direction? Looks like diarrhea.

I'm too lazy to go scavenge the web for an appropriate screenshot of diarrhea-games (of which there are many samples around in the last 4 - 5 years of doubtful art direction), I'll just play the subjective card and send you back to re-read post number #3041 of this very fine thread.

zwanzig_zwoelf

The fuck is that? I'm assuming some F2P (because of the dollar bill sign for 'Get Karma') ARPG?
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters. Chinese F2P Diablo clone from American McGee.
Some screenshots looked nice (and promising), but the game looks nice only when you are in the dungeons.
If you won't have a headache after a hour of two (or won't get bored), you may find something nice in there.
But I'd put in on the flash drive and play it at work during night shifts to save myself from falling asleep.
I, for one, belong to those people who actually find early 3D games (mid-90s to early 2000s) to be very good-looking. I just like their aesthetics in general. They just look... right. Dunno how to properly express it.
:bro:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I'm with JarlFrank on this one. I like to play games in Software mode too, when I can.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom