Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

deem

Savant
Dark Souls 3 pt 1
20210828193031-1.jpg

20210828193043-1.jpg

20210828193729-1.jpg

20210828195630-1.jpg

20210828223728-1.jpg

20210829122523-1.jpg

fork

I also just realised this is the perfect screenshot to dismiss the optional 16:9 mode the HD re-release offers, since all it does is cut the top and bottom of the screen. But this screenshot here is proof that the game was carefully, autistically designed for a 4:3 aspect ratio.
Just like the game was designed with tank controls in mind. Too bad most people don't care. :(

SoupNazi

So I got obsessed with taking the biggest, most complex maps of Door Kickers 2 and running them "Single Plan", no matter how long it takes. For those uninitiated, the game has a planning phase where you normally plan your first steps, then turn it into real time, pause at some point, make a new plan for the next stage, etc. You can also react live by changing pathways and actions etc. "Single Plan" essentially means you make a plan and then do nothing but trigger the different phases (alpha, beta, charlie, delta) and you are also allowed to change where your toons are looking (this is mostly used for when for some reason they end up looking the wrong way).

It's incredibly fun, frustrating, but rewarding and satisfying. I practiced on the smaller maps at first, this was my first try at a bigger map. Once again, I wasn't doing anything here but pressing shortcuts for A, B, C and D to proceed as planned, and then at the end I had to manually arrest the HVT (this unfortunately cannot be done in planning). I lost one troop because of shitty aim and would have gone back to fix it but I was so happy to finally get the mission done I decided to just go with it and move on to other maps. I'll probably return to this one at some point to get it done perfectly.

https://streamable.com/oa40t6

spekkio

Arcane
Dead-Soul-Bug-Vania

vJKBmjZ.jpg

:bro:

UCVYgZY.jpg

pG7rBe5.jpg

meu-estilo-my-style.gif

Tmc9aqB.jpg

Only 6 bugs NOT killed...

joseph-stalin-hats-off.gif

nxi6eao.jpg

Me and BROs taking out the trash...

CXQvKop.jpg

Breakdance_bear.gif

zrr8Edj.jpg

A team consisting basically of 2 guys has created easilty one of the best games ever made...

:salute:

But I would also like to thank the people who made completing this game by me possible:

T75qYB2.jpg

Yeah, fuck The White Palace.

GdunT2U.jpg

;)

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Finished Sorcery Saga Curse of the Great Curry God. Such a charming and lovely game. A bit short though, took me only 39 hours to beat. May have taken too many screenshots again. 5GBs worth of screenshots, haha!

bwkF5Wv.png

Y5Pg2Ef.jpg

3vN1jvg.jpg

LQkLw1i.jpg

Haha, Kuu ate Gigadis' father!

DuoO7To.jpg

NhfflpL.jpg

ck9duSE.jpg

NAaX4Ng.png

elX10jt.png

v2m4fhq.jpg

Uh...

h10Gkhn.jpg

hxsi3u5.png

FpMDXNh.png

vf4Xvo3.png

WmAyOuY.png

Haha, time to make curry!

2aa95QB.jpg

Fug.

ZJMTLce.jpg

Panic!

4cYng37.jpg

Udu1mRz.png

Sentient curry!

Wy4ajCA.png

XAWcrVs.png

dehTNWD.png

Q9yga9C.png

Righteous.

rAmYqnW.png

TpSrfOc.jpg

d3Hp4IO.png

What's his problem?

uRh7Gxk.png

YBlCAjl.png

RuWtcoH.png

That's right, you know what time it is. It's time for flatties to be put on suicide watch!

0h75e18.jpg

fMn41UN.jpg

8oAG4Bo.jpg

Cegp3jq.jpg

BWKm8CA.jpg

eTdWSI4.jpg

Yea, RIP.

gD9oh8h.jpg

Wooooow dude, how was I supposed to know my inventory was full? Fucking Kojima...

f8sNSxZ.jpg

Zeo made a new friend, so naturally Pupuru decided to put an end to that.

MwIyNju.jpg

u6fM7Pt.jpg

2wvVy6u.png

Shhh, Kuu's asleep.

GPmhcyo.jpg

Ee7SL9l.jpg

Finished the post game 256 level dungeon with a +61 weapon and +96 shield. The final boss could barely harm Pupuru.

7nToS6e.png

sJraO9c.jpg

Pretty good ED too.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i love everything in battlestar galactica: deadlock except for the somewhat overwhelming visual noise that can occur if you get into a serious fight. this doesn't look as bad because it's a screenshot, but if you're trying to focus on what toaster to zero in on for a quick kill, it can be a bit much:

16C9BAFF96C0801B9B03C2DEC95468C794D13511

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
eqCjMSWm8Kk.jpg

KG module in Open General has Gas Cloud as a unit. Yes, you can control it.

Also, it has two stars of experience: quite an experienced gas cloud

... it has a fuel and ammo counter?
This actually makes sense since when it runs out of "fuel" it disappears - like dissipates. Level designer put them away from airfields, but if you move your engineers quick and build a field airstrip you can resupply it. :D

What also is funny is that units with air attack can shoot at it back. You can shoot at gas clouds with machineguns and AA cannons.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Man... imagine choosing to be the soy on the left, when you could be on the right. :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

I've always preferred the original EGA versions of Sierra games to their VGA remakes. The EGA versions have much more charm, and look at that dithering on the marble columns and the sky! I just love it. Plus getting rid of the text parser is serious decline.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Song of Iron
Not too far in and not very impressed by the controls, but damn it looks a beaut.

074E9F8E143954BA7410F67244EB94DFCC15D0FF

49439141D759E4639A91C8C720B0E30DDBDAAEF4

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom