Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah but it's an interesting style - not a lot of skin.

RK47

Patron
Crispy

Pearl%20Abyss.jpg

RK47

Patron
I 'm the opposite, if it's F2P, it's worth a look. I really think no MMO has more than a month worth of gameplay.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well if you are the kind of MMO-player that jumps from game to game and never plays more than a month then F2P might really be a good thing. Unfortunately it breaks it for people like me who like to stick in MMORPGs for months if not years. In games with item-shops you usually end up paying more than your 15 bucks subscription fee if you want to compete - of course there are exceptions like Path of Exile where literally every item you can buy is vanity-stuff.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
[..] where literally every item you can buy is vanity-stuff.

That describes Guild Wars 2 quite well too.

More or less. You can buy boosts via the store (although they are not that important in GW2) and the best tools can only be obtained via gems. But GW2 is pretty boring anyway to be honest :P

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Those faces are so... so weird next to the art style/texture resolution of the rest of the scene, including clothing.

It's called uncanny valley, bro. The slight animu influence doesn't help either.

I'm sure Skyway appreciates hyper shader graphics like these, though. They're automatically good because they're new.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Despite these stats, Brutal Legend still claims only 99% completion. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?
Did you equip the ring?

Also, that Black Desert MMO looks really great:

Makes you want to ask every AAA+ developer why free to play korean MMO's look 10x better than any of their games, and see how they try to reply without bashing consoles...

DeepOcean

Arcane
Despite these stats, Brutal Legend still claims only 99% completion. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?
Did you equip the ring?

Also, that Black Desert MMO looks really great:

Makes you want to ask every AAA+ developer why free to play korean MMO's look 10x better than any of their games, and see how they try to reply without bashing consoles...

I don't know what is happening with this sudden incline of oriental developers in terms of art style, while occidental developers, nowdays, almost always go to overstylised shit, the asians are adopting a more grounded, somewhat realistic art style. The arquiteture on that city in the trailer is surprising realistic, instead of the Disneyland fantasy standard.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Depending on the gameplay, I'd probably be up for giving it a whirl to satisfy my inner graphixwhoar

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The fact that NPCs are not designed to cater to lonely Biodrones' fap fantasies gives me hope, although F2P stomps on it a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom