Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Tasteful rape. And zombie carp.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, Don't Starve is pretty good, but it is in no way the best survival game of all time. It lacks the complexity of Unreal World or the constant feeling of paranoia of DayZ.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Konjad what is first game?
Don't Starve. Let me be an advertising plant for a minute and quote my steam 'recommendation':
The best survival game there is. No save & load, unforgiving gameplay requiring planning and a dangerous world that wants to kill you all the time, especially when you least expect it. Great atmosphere with charming visuals and decent audio. The gameplay is quite tense and it's more about trying to gather food and stay away from danger than building stuff, although it doesn't lack it. The game rewards courage and risk - if you succeed. However it punishes being stupid and not predicting consequences of your actions, often with your death. It might look like a little game, but trust me - it is outstanding.
If you buy it before April 23rd you get two copies for the price of one, the second one you can gift or sell to someone.
On 23rd April it will be released on GoG also.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, Don't Starve is pretty good, but it is in no way the best survival game of all time. It lacks the complexity of Unreal World or the constant feeling of paranoia of DayZ.
DayZ is a terrible turd. Unreal World is more complex than don't starve, but I think I like Don't Starve more due to it's feeling.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Funny thing is that those weird sexual games sometimes are better than "regular" games of the same genre...Thank god is not a Gay Tactical RPG, or I would be tempted...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Jaesun:
what3d.gif

zwanzig_zwoelf

x5z8tg.png

It is funny that back in 2000 all those pre-production demos were more playable and fun than most of today's finished games. :lol:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Holy cock. It took 4 years for Brutal Legend to get to PC? What were they doing?
They didn't had the money to do the port. Only recently an investor decided to help them. After 4 years wanting to play this game, I got disappointed. I was expecting a Psychonauts, heavy metal edition and only got the heavy metal, the gameplay is very lacking. Even for a hack n' slash, it is too simple. The sound track , at least, is awesome.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom