Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
00990jqy.jpg

0195wk2b.jpg

032wjj2f.jpg

0437ykc0.jpg

057zwjpf.jpg

078adkj1.jpg

097fakj2.jpg

10979jw4.jpg

125zzj3y.jpg

1415nj9d.jpg

15644k2a.jpg

231q7kqj.jpg

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected

Psquit

Arcane
I fucking love American Mcgee's Alice. At least the game has boss battles a not silly cock-tease bosses.

Turjan

Arcane
Oh. With all the talk of glitches and so on I thought it was SimCity 5.
Now I am disappoint that you thought I would have bought that turd :D. Plus, EA definitely wants to have more than $20 for that one ($60, or $80 for that extra portion of butthurt). No, this is just a game from a small developer in Tampere, Finland, which probably still sells only a tiny fraction of that EA abomination, despite the bad press for the latter. Another pointer is the map size, which is 8 km x 8 km instead of 2 km x 2 km. EA doesn't want you to get lost.

A photo of the team company :D:

7106123205_857f4cc98b_c.jpg

Eh, screenshots. Dusk at a white collar paradise.

456AE4043B3227C3280657D5F1024D18D384431E

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Turjan how is it compared to the first one? Are the people smart enough to switch lines if 2 or more go from station a to b?

Turjan

Arcane
Turjan how is it compared to the first one? Are the people smart enough to switch lines if 2 or more go from station a to b?
As far as I can tell, that's still the same, but I haven't looked into it too closely, as I don't have many duplicate lines at the moment. I should probably do some testing.

There is also still some of the endless one-lane traffic jams (switching lanes to pass is so overvalued...), although this got at least somewhat better. More lanes on a road get actually used now, except if there is no road break to the intersection where they want to turn (I often break roads by adding an intersection stub and deleting it afterwards; jaywalking is otherwise verboten, and so seems passing a waiting queue :D). Also, they managed to make the UI worse, as you have to open more windows to see things.

Nevertheless, I like many of the changes. Traffic patterns got somewhat better. It's at least a partial city builder now with all the roads you can lay down. Plopping buildings is only for the mapmaker mode, but buildings grow and change if you let them, depending on what traffic systems you build. Stations are very flexible now, fitting the flexible tracks. Although this means no staircases anymore, people use teleporters :D.

I quite like it, despite warts and all, but I also liked the original game with its goofy charm, so take it with a grain of salt.

Those Fins like to plant their garden in the lake.

01ABF1AC120CFEBE3C696BFE2683C0E6C4524997

zwanzig_zwoelf

Dark Messiah is worth playing only to kick Leanna in the face and look how she falls on the ground.
Can't remember anything else anyway.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
So I've been trying to run glorious Wrath of the Gods for ages now, but is a 1994 title only for primordial Windows 3.x, that can't be played throught compatibility mode alone in Win 7 64bits....

But today I choose to REALLY do it, start a Windows Virtual PC and install Win 98 on it!

i0dUrH3.jpg

Charging flux capacitor.

7YQUkzV.jpg

Welcome to 1998!

Black Isle still exists and is working on Fallout 2; Sir-Tech on Wizardry 8, the only console RPGs are jRPGs, FPS still had health packs, cover-based-shooting wasn't invented yet and Lord British mind still hasn't been captured by the Warp during space travel.

Also...

DL2KU5a.jpg

It finally works!
:yeah:

SDopwI1.jpg

Yes, either you're a HARDCORE GAMER, or you're just everyone else. :obviously:

It64YQX.jpg

And here we are, back into Greece! Man, I'll derp a while and see how much is nostalgia & foggy memories, but maybe I'll eve LP this game. SO MUCH MEMORIES!

Paging Dr. Jaesun & Lady Crooked Bee, know for their interest in aweshum adventure games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom