Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Turjan

Arcane
A stop at an expressway exit in the 'burbs. The two-lane road that runs from the left corner and some trees are the only things that existed at game start.

057380ED3B4279C69BFD50E7773517F8E0713DE6

If there's enough space, you can also build completely "normal" exits.

F3D972FB0CE4CB1D8FF5AE9873EC76BD67B0D252

Friday night rush hour sees lots of traffic. Here you can also see the road tools, with "regular roads" as example. Roads come with different number of lanes, with or without sidewalks (determines whether buildings can grow or not), with or without either parking lanes or bus lanes, or any combination thereof. You get similar selections for one-way roads, avenues, expressways (the latter only without sidewalks), and pedestrian roads.

885B89EA892F581A9370EF2983724E8121CBFA9D

Switching lanes is much more common than in the first game.

2A8A79FB017617E3E7249C38C85D114B62C03E1C

CreamyBlood

Arcane

This is a screenshot from a new game I'm playing.

I actually have to think once in awhile but don't have to click through boring cutscenes, I can just lay back and be entertained. The voice acting isn't too bad either.

It's a TV show I'm interacting with (because I do have to remember names and alliances) called Game of Thrones season 2 episode 4 20:31. It's a lot less tedious than muddling through some modern sci-fi video game set on Mars. Combat can be visceral at times, exploration is mostly linear yet often has surprises and it's got gays and lesbians and midgets, so I think it covers most bases on that front. Puritans might be offended on occasion but I think the rest of the minorities should be pleased, I like the tits myself. And of course story isn't bad either.

Awesome game actually, as I don't have to do anything and can rewind once in awhile to replay a cool battle or sexy ass, can't wait for DLC episode 5.

Almost forgot, the whole thing is very fluid.

Hellraiser

Arcane
r4ksp1.png

The Spess Transportation Corporation launched its first Spess Taxi. The 3-kerbal command pod rides atop a powerful four engine rocket supported by 4 SRBs and 4 liquid fuel boosters.

r4ksp2.png

The liquid fuel stages are asparagus stages with 2 boosters being drained first and dectached, then the next two finally leaving just the main 4-engine rocket.

r4ksp3.png

Beginning a gravity turn to insert the spess taxi into fairly hight orbit.

r4ksp4.png

All corporate astronauts are indeed satisfied with the experience as they safely reach a stable nearly 300km circular orbit. The escape tower has been jettisoned.

r4ksp5.png

The Spess Taxi pod detaches itself, extends solar panels and prepares to burn towards its target, the Mun.

r4ksp7.png

About half of the fuel is used to get into a stable Munar orbit, now it begins maneuvers to enable a rendezvous.

r4ksp8.png

The Spess Station orbiting the Mun at a ~5 degree inclination orbit is in sight after nearly a day since the mission began.

r4ksp9.png

Just a few burns to dock with the habitation part of the spess station.

r4ksp10.png

Final approach, looking good.

r4ksp11.png

Docking successful! Spess Transportation Corporation has proved that its Spess Taxi is a reliable cheap Mun-worthy craft*!

*only in one direction without refueling. Spess Transportation Corporation does not guarantee you will have enough fuel to make it back to Kerbin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakshini

In South India, Yakshis are not considered benevolent beings. They are reputed to waylay men with their beauty and drink their blood.
[...]

Mangalathu Chiruthevi

Another lesser known Yakshi is Mangalathu Chiruthevi also known as Kanjirottu Yakshi. She was born into a Padamangalathu Nair tharavad by name Mangalathu at Kanjiracode in South Travancore. She was a ravishingly beautiful courtesan who had an intimate relationship with Kunju Thampi, the rival of Marthanda Varma of Travancore.[6]
Mangalathu Chiruthevi was infatuated with one of her servants, Kunjuraman. Kunjuraman, a Pondan Nair (palanquin-bearer), was a fair, tall, well-built and handsome young man. She and her brother Govindan used to ride on Kunjuraman's back to nearby places. Chiruthevi enjoyed torturing Kunjuraman physically and mentally. A predatory sadist, she derived immense pleasure from humiliating him, spanking him, making him carry unbearably heavy objects, burning his feet with hot metal rods and strangling him. She did everything possible to separate him from his wife.
:hmmm:

Dodged a bullet there.

grotsnik

Arcane
I always considered Taipei to be the worst episode in AP, but now... I don't know for sure.
It definitely has the most poorly-thought-out narrative, I think.

LOL I AM OMEN DENG. I AM A TAIWANESE SLEEPER AGENT IN THE CHINESE MILITARY. I THINK MICHAEL THORTON IS PLANNING TO SHOOT THE PRESIDENT. HEY, MICHAEL THORTON HAS TURNED UP TRYING TO INTERCEPT INFORMATION CONCERNING HIS OWN ASSASSINATION PLANS. I WILL NOT SHOOT HIM OR ARREST HIM OR ASK HIM ANY QUESTIONS OR REFERENCE THE FACT THAT I THINK HE'S THE ASSASSIN, WHICH ANY NORMAL HUMAN BEING WOULD DO IN THIS SITUATION. INSTEAD I WILL HINT DARKLY THAT 'I HAVE BUSINESS TO BE GETTING ON WITH WHICH YOU CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO INTERFERE WITH', WHICH MAKES NO SENSE GIVEN THAT MY ONLY BUSINESS INVOLVES STOPPING HIM, THE FUCKING ASSASSIN. THEN I WILL IMPRISON HIM IN A ROOM AND GO AWAY, LEAVING THE MAN I INTEND TO STOP AT ALL COSTS TO HIS OWN DEVICES AND FULLY ARMED.

HEY APPARENTLY MICHAEL THORTON JUST STROLLED INTO THE PRESIDENTIAL OFFICE UNINVITED AND WARNED THE PRESIDENT THAT HE WAS GOING TO BE ASSASSINATED. YOU'D THINK THAT A COMPETENT SPY WOULD BE ABLE TO PREVENT THE ASSASSIN HE'S TRYING TO STOP FROM JUST WANDERING IDLY INTO THE ROOM WHERE THE ASSASSINATION TARGET IS. ALSO THAT I MIGHT HAVE WARNED THE PRESIDENT NOT TO LET IN SOMEONE WHO LOOKS LIKE MICHAEL THORTON. ALSO THAT I MIGHT QUESTION MY PRECONCEPTION THAT MICHAEL THORTON IS THE ASSASSIN BASED ON THIS NEW INFORMATION. LOL INSTEAD I WILL TAKE A SNIPER RIFLE AND STOP MICHAEL THORTON FROM ASSASSINATING THE PRESIDENT, BY WHICH I MEAN I'LL WAIT UNTIL HE TURNS UP THEN RUN AWAY FROM HIM REPEATEDLY, NEVER RAISING THE ALARM OR TRYING TO STOP THE SPEECH OR ALERTING THE AUTHORITIES, WHOSE SIDE I'M ON, BEFORE LEADING HIM RIGHT TO A BALCONY HANDILY OVERLOOKING THE PRESIDENT.

LOL I AM SCARLETT, ONE OF THE WORLD'S MOST SKILLED ASSASSINS. I CAN POTENTIALLY HATE AND TRY TO KILL MICHAEL THORTON DEPENDENT ON HIS ENDGAME REPUTATION POINTS WITH ME, WHICH IS PARTIALLY BASED ON WHETHER OR NOT HE PRETENDED TO BE A RICH FRAT-BOY ON THE PLANE, WHICH MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE EITHER I ALREADY KNEW HE WAS A FUCKING SECRET AGENT OR I FOUND OUT LATER AND IN ANY CASE I'M MANIPULATING HIM THIS ENTIRE TIME SO WHY WOULD I CARE IF HE WORKS IN OIL. ANYWAY, I WILL HELP MICHAEL THORTON STEAL SOME DATA FROM A HOTEL, WHICH WILL LEAD HIM DIRECTLY INTO CONTACT WITH HIS OPPOSITE NUMBER, OMEN DENG, WHO IS ALSO TRYING TO TRACK DOWN THE REAL ASSASSIN, ME. IF OMEN DENG WASN'T SUCH A NONSENSICALLY-BEHAVED FUCKWIT SEE ABOVE, THIS WOULD BE INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS AND ALMOST CERTAINLY JEOPARDISE MY MISSION. ALSO I WILL MAKE NO SERIOUS EFFORT TO LEAD THORTON ASTRAY OR TO FIND OUT ANY OF HIS PLANS FOR STOPPING MY ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT, INCLUDING TO PLUCK AN EXAMPLE OUT OF THIN AIR WHETHER HE'S WARNED THE PRESIDENT TO WEAR A BULLETPROOF VEST. ALSO I WILL GET PISSY IF MICHAEL THORTON STARTS FLIRTING WITH ME DURING THE MISSION AND I'LL LIKE HIM IF HE GIVES ME AN ENCOURAGING PEP TALK, EVEN THOUGH WHY THE FUCK WOULD I CARE, I'M ONE OF THE WORLD'S MOST SKILLED ASSASSINS AND I'M MANIPULATING HIM THIS ENTIRE TIME.

Honestly, some of the storytelling in AP, particularly in the big twists that make nonsense of everything retroactively, really surprised me with its plain badness.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Honestly, some of the storytelling in AP, particularly in the big twists that make nonsense of everything retroactively, really surprised me with its plain badness.

Shut the fuck up newfag! Alpha Protocol was written by Chris Avellone and was how he wanted it to be! He's a great writer and everything he touches turns to gold! Go play a Bioware game that is older than a year and thus cool to hate!

Zeriel

Arcane
Hexen is amazing. That is all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom