Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

bonescraper

A0B8688BA67732879B4161F12969B25E15C93B6D

Is that Niko Bellic watching?
No, he actually looks like the GTA 3 guy from up close :lol:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
1024x768.resizedimage

One area of a HUGE dungeon, includes warp zones, hidden passages, anti-magic areas, place only reachable through levitating and a very annoying maze with illusions, warps, rotating walls and no map/mini-map access... not to mention very powerfull enemies and even non-translated japanese text! :lol:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ines de Castro? Is there a undead class in the game?

Heheh that story is so fucked up. I wonder if that was the only undead queen in history?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Ines de Castro? Is there a undead class in the game?
Kind of, she's a Cleric infused with the genome of Jeanne d'Arc or something japanese like that. Close enough.

Should have named them all like that, used Brás Cubas instead of Dom Casmurro... but I don't know that many (un)dead people in portuguese literature.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
>No Quincas Borba, Rubião de Alvarenga or Policarpo Quaresma
Nah, I don't like those books much. Rather use Auto da Barca do Inferno, O Cortiço, Noite na Taverna ou similares...

I was gonna name Anhangua as Macunaíma instead, but got worried of naming my main fighter as the laziest creature ever to live. :roll:

sser

Arcane
Developer
All my dreams have come true! I created the Lithuanian Kingdom and then promptly took over the Hungarian realm in a great coup.

H8VgehC.jpg

Approximately ten years later...

hPpT8qR.jpg

:x

I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you damn pesky Catholics! After seizing the Hungarian throne -- and stacking the Lithuanian one atop it like two lawn chairs -- a bunch of southerners got the idea that a Ruskie had no business mucking about their tall grass and trailer parks. Rebellions broke out because I was a dickbag ruler. Rebellions broke out because a goddam duke thought he should rule the Kingdom. And rebellions broke out under large red banners of "Meh, why not?" I called on my Russian brothers for aid (including a few mercenary bands), but they refused. Meanwhile, northerners demanded I lower the crown authority. I told them I bow low to no commoner. They promptly rebelled and fractured Lithuania. Seeing as how I had no loyal armies with which to fight them, they currently stand around desks with surrender papers, impatiently tapping their feet as my forces get utterly clowned in the south.

Panic began to settle in when I realized the civil war's factions were fighting one another with bigger armies than everything I had. Trying to repeat old strategies, I moved to ally myself with the Byzantine Empire again. It made sense, but there was a problem. The Empire was nowhere near as powerful as it was when I was stomping about Estonia and Latvia (those days spent watching 20,000 strong Byzantine armies conquer my enemies for me). It was a shell of its former self. The purple cloaks had been in the sun far too long.

I went for it anyway. Acquiring their friendship and giant armies required this series of events: I found the Emperor's sister. The sister was married to some schmuck. Literally a nobody. I paid 50gold (seriously) to have him offed. Coincidentally, my own wife died around this same time.

Offering the sister's hand in marriage was but a formality. Soon Byzantine armies would come swooping in and... well, as it turns out, I need a better spy network. The Byzantine Empire was having a civil war itself, and was wholly incapable of putting down the rebellion of a simple count. I wept. In a mad state, and with darkness closing in, I handed half my treasury over to the men who find comfort in the shadows. Assassins butchered my enemies and their kin. I slept at night with ghosts of old men and young children peeking out of my dressers. But the killings did not stop the revolts.

Some options remain for me. One, I could settle the matter of crown authority in the North, bringing my levies back into the fold. Two, I could let things continue to go to shit. As any gentleman of coups knows, you always have a backup plan. For me, that would be the Kingdom of Leon, which my family shall inherit when my son comes of age. If Lithuangary is to fall, I shall rope my way over the Serb-Italian ratlines and arrive in western Spain to live out the rest of my days.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
E8L7gKS.png

Persian bridges falling down...

QGkqxgC.png

I must build the castle and defend it. Oh, snap it's another game.

8rK0gdy.png

Live or die, make your choice.

oaak4Ew.png

This time wizard won't recover from this wounds.

YMLZ3y7.png

Happy ending?

Kje38ur.png

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Also, just unlocked a new class! :D

CrKaD8z.jpg

Yeah... this one I admit might be A BIT too much DESU...

You can unlock additional classes?!
:incline:

Too bad I'll only have time to play more on the weekend -- and I'll have to start from level 1 again!
:decline:

EDIT: Holy crap it's a monk class
:incline:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
h9vKWe0.jpg

:japan:

Also, I would like to give a "Troll of the Year" trophy to the asshole in the dev team that made this level AND hid a goddamn invisible shock block right at the exit:

mTeYTGs.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

...is this as biowarean as it looks?
Err... Are you not playing? 'cause that appears to be the tutorial. Like the very beginning of the game. Like "Before you can even move your character" beginning.

The C&C does seem pretty limited so far (Finished chapter 1) and your dialog options on the whole are variations with the same end result, yeah. For example I had a bit with a guy asking me for papers that I tried a few different ways, and every route ended in combat.

No, I'm just browsing through the screenshots section because the game seems to have funny dialogue (I already like Fatso). None of the screens are mine :M

I actually don't mind that sort of biowarean dialogue trap so much, but usually when that happens the options at least look different so you get an illusion of choice. That one in particular was funny because the three options not only mean the same, they are almost identical. I thought it could be a joke like the Arrow in the Knee thing, but you never know...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom