Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
20211202183412_1.jpg

Puukko

Arcane
Picked up an interest for the Sega CD so time to see what it's all about.

Move over waifus and fuckboys, Amon gang is here.

A proper long intro cutscene with typical cheesy 90s dubbing. Making most out of that CD audio for sure.

This fella reminds me of someone.

Now these are some proper spell names. MEGAREST, because regular rest just isn't enough for a vampire.

Good thing archive.org had a manual so I can look up the spe-

image.png

Oh god damnit. Who decided this was acceptable? I guess I should see if I can find a better scan. If not, see if I can split the pdf into images for some AI upscaling.

Also, the soundtrack is exceptional, probably one of the earliest orchestral video game OSTs... and they decided to cut it into short loops for the game itself? The game takes up 450MB so surely they could have fit the rest of it in there as well.

Last edited:

Beggar

Cipher
I always forget how fun this game is. Starts as bullshit and then you go down deep into the hole. Each playthrough is just special and nothing like it. Is there actually any other game that is as quirky as New Vegas?
20211203015306-1.jpg

Puukko

Arcane
I always forget how fun this game is. Starts as bullshit and then you go down deep into the hole. Each playthrough is just special and nothing like it. Is there actually any other game that is as quirky as New Vegas?
20211203015306-1.jpg
"this time I'll do something different!"
>proceeds to make another AGI sniper

spekkio

Arcane
TIE Fighter

TIE Defender - Training Mission 1 is a sheer insanity:

For the first mission for the T/D, they sure give you a doozie. Sure, at first
glance it doesn't seem like a lot, until you realize there each group consists
of ten fighters a piece. So that's 10 fighters per group, times 5 different
levels, times 5 different types of fighter, and that's a grand total of 250
kills for this mission.
I won't lie; this process WILL take a while, and I am not exaggerating when
I say it took me three hours to complete all the goals.
:prosper:

I've decided to tackle only the secondary goals:

GP4VpvF.png

u3umsxD.png

9eW4Sx4.png

:yeah:

And it still took me over and hour:

2U0wslG.png

:cry:

And hitting the damn A-Wings was a fucking nightmare:

ZKmK4Jk.png

LtPWzoh.png

Still, what a game... :salute:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Shin Megami Tensei V
Succubus

12983221209926729728-20211114125918-1.png
Cleopatra
12983221209926729728-20211117092342-1.png

Anahita
12983221209926729728-20211113091912-1.png

Mother Harlot
12983221209926729728-20211123175239-1.png

Alice
12983221209926729728-20211117100514-1.png

Is this lore friendly?
12983221209926729728-20211203221210-1.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Serious Sam 4

How is it? I was scared away by mixed reactions at launch and have been thinking about giving it a shot now though I'm still wary, but your opiniouns are trustworthy.

I remember playing SS 3 for the first time, and I was really annoyed by the beginning sections which felt like from different FPS. Here we don't have such problem, and the whole thing feels like a proper arcade shooter. But there is more story and characters involved. The NPC characters look really bad for a game published last year. When it comes to graphics, it feels more vibrant, closer to the original duology. I think it was a good move, plus the variety of locations and ambush spots is well done.

Some of the weapons now have secondary fire mods. For example laser gun has a powerful death ray, while the rocket launcher that loads up to five homing rockets that will lock onto enemies when fired. They are really useful in practice, especially in the later parts, where the number of enemies per encounter are way bigger. We also have new weapons, like for example autoshotgun - really powerful when it comes to close quarter fights. For the first time in the series, enemies can now take extra damage, when we shoot at their weak spot, such as their head. Weaker enemies can be dismembered by shooting at their arms or legs, which can incapacitate them. Overall the gameplay feels more smooth and better than in SS 3. Of course there are new monsters as well, some of them are included in my gallery. I won't be describing each one of them - they fit perfectly in the whole thing. At the beginning only annoying beast is Aurigan Haemovore - a vampire like creature who moves a lot. Add a dozen of them with normal monsters, and you can test, if your dodging and moving skills are good enough. So that's a big plus here as well.

We also have got side missions, but let's be frank - this is not a sandbox, and it takes only a little time for a detour to complete them. Also, they felt to me obligatory most of the time, due to introducing new weapons earlier on plus some usufel items to use for later in a big fights.

BUT

I don't like adding skill tree for Sam. It's really unnecessary, since dual wielding is the king here. We find through the game purple alien orbs that Sam crushes then inhales. There are overall 10 points to find, and it takes 5 Skill Points to unlock every dual-wielding ability. There are more of them to choose, but let's not kid ourselves - this feature is really not polished. Maybe the devs were too afraid to give double weapons from the start.
Also Croteam killed the fun of finding secrets. They made them really hard to find, and many times we don't even know, that they are at some parts of the levels. You know why? Because you have to do some jumping from point A to B, and than to C. And the jumping feels horrible in SS 4. The legion system which was advertised was for the most part a lie. Only the beginning and the huge battle before the boss shown glimpses of it.

The graphics look good (except the NPC characters, which I mentioned before), but I still had some problems, when it comes to the texture loading. Felt the same like some of the Unreal engine. Other than that, I haven't got any issues, performance drops, etc. I used the patched GOG version. Musically we have remixes and new tracks. Some of them really stand up, like town theme, while others are simply ok.

Overall I liked it. It felt like a proper SS game with gameplay and humor. Sam like to talk now, but his dialogue fits well with his character, and it was a good addition.
I didn't feel even for a moment that I was forcing myself through, and I'll be doing some replays later on.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Some impressions from Aquanox 2.
AN2-2021-12-04-21-36-22-50.png

AN2-2021-12-04-21-36-24-60.png

AN2-2021-12-04-21-36-25-68.png

AN2-2021-12-04-20-27-58-00.png

AN2-2021-12-04-13-59-39-81.png

AN2-2021-12-03-23-01-19-86.png

AN2-2021-12-03-22-53-02-63.png

AN2-2021-12-03-23-01-36-99.png

AN2-2021-12-03-23-19-44-55.png

AN2-2021-12-04-14-55-33-64.png

AN2-2021-12-04-14-53-06-79.png
The visuals hold up fairly well and the dialogues are great but the actual gameplay is nothing to write home about, so not recommended if you're looking for strong gameplay mechanics. The first one was better and so was Archimedean Dynasty. But there aren't exactly many games like that so its still worth to give it a run once in a while which doesn't take much time anyways since its pretty short. The strongest point of Aquanox 1/2 are definitely the setting and dialogues(German version) with excellent usage of offensive language.

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, finished Them And Us

If you want a game which almost perfectly combines oldschool Resident Evil gameplay and graphics (say RE1 Remake) with occult themes and "heavy" atmosphere (say Eternal Darkness or RE4 but minus all the silly stuff), bigger than any RE game, with 5 endings and NG+ content, play this nao.

Map of the main mansion:

QTWkrdU.jpg

4uLMqYW.jpg

The whole mansion is a maze: almost every door require specific key (there are much more of them than in RE), you "go back to the mansion after some time spent outdoors" (same way as in RE1)... And the most important thing: dogs are in. ;)

There are several other maps: garden, ruins, catacombs, and last but not least, everyone's favorite - swamps. :roll:

Game is so big, that there's a fast-travel mechanic.

Graphics are the sex, esp. "backgrounds" (game is fully 3D):

UWMmQYQ.jpg

Got first ending after over 11 hours:

U8GX6Xd.jpg

Which got me NG+ and some bonuses:

WXYqgMo.jpg

tphn41O.jpg

:dance:

Verdict:

Brhe7ot.png
Brhe7ot.png
Brhe7ot.png
Brhe7ot.png
Brhe7ot.png

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
TIE Fighter

After couple of weeks spent in the simulator, it's time to hit the Rebels for real!

Ve6gpEk.png

SOwC4Gn.png

rlbBs9D.png

k4L2iDq.png

WHpVUqc.png

a2GF9MQ.png

az1y5IN.png

QYRnhbg.png

:dance:

Meanwhile, in the galaxy far, far away...

Fire Emblem 12

K4rEMCU.jpg

tue8CSK.jpg

:lol:

Y1EsjLu.jpg

3nJ7lgA.jpg

:obviously:

Time to take out the Imperial trash:

4tXFaqw.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looked interesting then I read cards...

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom