Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Reinhardt

Arcane
Best girl
W1EXrPS.png

xG8kK4O.png

UctpFHZ.png

FhBEWYl.png

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Second AoD run, this time as a wealthy and ambitious merchant.

20211125110200-1.jpg

Nowadays we call this "Middle management"

20211125110809-1.jpg

Yeah don't worry ma'am, I'll betray you in the end.

20211125115224-1.jpg

:bounce:

20211126122009-1.jpg

[Alchemy success] Hey, I know this plant. You can do stuff with its flowers.

20211125120807-1.jpg

See that street ? You can't go there.

20211126125451-1.jpg

Nice.

Codex Year of the Donut
Dysmantle offers EXTRREME value for your money. This is what I explored afterr about 14 hours of play.

How is the crafting and combat?

"Simple but not boring" - As far as crafting goes there is always something you can improve about your character so the progression is nice and steady. Combat is mostly "strafe around and hit from behind", although there are boss fights that are more involved as well. You get plenty of tactical options like land mines to deal with stuff. It's certainly not on the level of intricacy and deadliness as Dark Souls though.

e:
View attachment 21714

\m/
this game is boring, give me my time back

you just go around breaking stuff down to upgrade your tool to break stuff down
there's nobody else on the island, the only npcs are enemies

Blutwurstritter

Learned
My outlook on Homeworld 3 has improved now that I've finished Homeworld - Deserts of Kharak. The game is not horrible just underdeveloped. I tried Iron Harvest recently and that was a major disappointment. The gameplay of H : DoK however is decent and the art direction was excellent

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
My outlook on Homeworld 3 has improved now that I've finished Homeworld - Deserts of Kharak. The game is not horrible just underdeveloped. I tried Iron Harvest recently and that was a major disappointment. The gameplay of H : DoK however is decent and the art direction was excellent

Never played Desert of Kharak, but from the screenshots and videos it has always looked like a really gorgeous game. Shame the gameplay seems to be lagging behind.

spekkio

Arcane
Hey, Skyway - I remember you being a quality poster with monocled taste circa 10 years ago. What happened, mang? :(

And how should an "inspired non-clone" of a classic RE game look like? Moar liek RE6 or RE7? :roll:

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Seems like these indie devs can only copy the surface level stuff, without actually trying to put a spin on the existing formula, or delving deep into what made older survival horror games special. Mansion, zombies/mutants/silenthill knockoff enemies, intentionally cringy writing, constant references, and of course our protagonist is a tastelessly-looking woman with big boobs, because a lot of japanese horror games had female protagonists. It's like they don't have a speck of creativity.

Granted, I didn't play Them and Us, but i did play Tormented souls and both games look like they are trying hard to copy everything from RE1 and RE2 remakes.

Also, i'm not Skyway.

spekkio

Arcane
put a spin on the existing formula
Capcom has been doing this since ~2000 and mostly failing horribly.

delving deep into what made older survival horror games special
Like cool level design, satisfactory gameplay, etc? There's plenty of that in ToU.

Mansion is a dungeon / puzzle, same way as in older RE games. Creating a shortcut by opening some door can make your life much easier (ability to avoid enemies / conserve ammo).

constant references
Game is aimed at fans + is this really a problem?

and of course our protagonist is a tastelessly-looking woman with big boobs, because a lot of japanese horror games had female protagonists
Yeah, fat lesbo with green hair or brave american soldier would've been much better / more creative. :roll:

Granted, I didn't play Them and Us...
Quality modern poster / internet user. :lol:

they are trying hard to copy everything from RE1 and RE2 remakes.
You do realize that RE1 remake and RE2 remake are totally different approaches to re-making an old game? With RE1Re being probably the best game in series, and RE2Re being banal boring shit? Them and Us copies RE1Re indeed, but has nothing in common with RE2Re. How do I know? Well, I've played all these games.

Also, i'm not Skyway.
Oh, that explains you being a clueless newfag. :roll:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom