Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Fargus

Arcane
Daggerfaggotry.

Love the aesthetics, but i wish the game weren't so excessively grindy.

qlfl2zz.jpg
MEhLnYb.jpg
goxixMj.jpg

tgVVsIb.jpg

isj6HIC.jpg

3x3IlO2.jpg

Ds58Az3.jpg

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
duke0027.png

duke0025.png

duke0028.png

duke0029.png
duke0030.png

duke0032.png

duke0034.png

duke0035.png

duke0036.png

Very enjoyable game. It took me some time to adjust from Doom, but very enjoyable. Looking forward to episode 4 and the expansions. And Duke Nukem Forever, OF COURSE. (But that will be in the future, not just yet)

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Very enjoyable game. It took me some time to adjust from Doom, but very enjoyable. Looking forward to episode 4 and the expansions. And Duke Nukem Forever, OF COURSE. (But that will be in the future, not just yet)
The Caribbean expansion was very nice. Great atmosphere and some solid levels.

toughasnails

20220629194253_19ajga.jpg

It has been ages since I've played these. The remake was listed among the Sony's PC ports on that GeForce leak so I have been thinking about replaying at least the first two ever since then.

Humanophage

Arcane
Some more first-person goth hiking from The Witcher 3. So much better than third-person.
Does combat play/work properly in first person?
I just bind the camera switch to the middle mouse button and interface visibility to a side mouse button. Then I walk like that outside combat, without the interface when I want to admire the views some more.

First-person is inconvenient in combat because you can't see enemies with your back and a lot of the movement in combat is automatic. The camera isn't spinning when you roll, if that's what you mean, so technically it works. There are mods that implement first-person combat with a visible sword and all that, I'm just using a simple first-person camera mod.

There are also some mods for alternative UIs that occupy less space, but I didn't bother, even though I probably should. Hide everything except the minimap.

Last edited:

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Some more first-person goth hiking from The Witcher 3. So much better than third-person.
I just bind the camera switch to the middle mouse button and interface visibility to a side mouse button. Then I walk like that outside combat, without the interface when I want to admire the views some more.

First-person is inconvenient in combat because you can't see enemies with your back and a lot of the movement in combat is automatic. The camera isn't spinning when you roll, if that's what you mean, so technically it works. There are mods that implement first-person combat with a visible sword and all that, I'm just using a simple first-person camera mod.

There are also some mods for alternative UIs that occupy less space, but I didn't bother, even though I probably should. Hide everything except the minimap.
I thought the camera would be fixed, potentially causing problems in combat. But toggling resolves that of course. Sounds like a good mod overall, the screenshots look great.

Humanophage

Arcane

I thought the camera would be fixed, potentially causing problems in combat. But toggling resolves that of course. Sounds like a good mod overall, the screenshots look great.
Here's how it looks dynamically, being classically windy:

HansDampf

Arcane
FYiEfAf.jpg

pNqDRE7.jpg

U2Gbngg.jpg

W4LZsuZ.jpg

vCgDAzD.jpg

6NUm5kS.jpg

lfrvGmV.jpg

JXGSOdt.jpg

9nKxmjw.jpg

One Doom II map that takes an hour to beat. Cool visuals, as you can see, certainly impressive work. But the combat and level design left me disappointed. Goal is to get the 3 keys in any order, then go to the final fight. The map follows the same strict formula for each key with zero surprises, other than what kind of arena you'll be teleported to for the key fight. These combat setpieces are based on some good ideas and get you excited, until you initiate the fight. Then all the tension evaporates because there is always way too much space to move around the enemies, and you get virtually infinite rockets and plasma, so the fights become trivial (played on UV). The only dangerous part comes at the end when suddenly two Cyberdemons. But if you were a good boy and found all 3 secrets, you get access to a BFG and invuln that, once again, trivialize the fight.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
xZ9duvy.png

The way she says "BONE", man... So hot. Plenty of other cool pieces like *with sarcasm*"Oh I'm sorry, did I brake your concentration?" (to Zhar the Mad) or "Now, THAT's a mushroom". By the way, if you ask about the mushroom that servant girl, she'll send you to the tavern keeper and he'll be in disgust of an idea of black mushrooms. So many little pieces that I've missed or don't remember. And only now I realized that rogue has the same voice as Sarah Karrigan. I imagine they've had a lot of fun during record sessions there.

Diablo 1 voice acting sure was something else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom