Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

tindrli

Arcane
9OTekH.jpg

g97zgU.jpg

ezatsl.jpg

7mwCFu.jpg

WBi5DV.jpg

3PXqhR.jpg

9iWveZ.jpg

4YQw6U.jpg

wNVx3p.jpg

GS7NbI.jpg

cdDf3x.jpg

tindrli

Arcane
well maybe for you.. i still play it from time to time... Yes it is unfinished ( need at least another year). generally it was repaired by mods. AI sucks ( like in every other game) combat was the worst thing that could happen to 4x but it has something.. cant quite explain..

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
well maybe for you.. i still play it from time to time... Yes it is unfinished ( need at least another year). generally it was repaired by mods. AI sucks ( like in every other game) combat was the worst thing that could happen to 4x but it has something.. cant quite explain..
Which mods make MoO 3 not shit? And is it better than what we have now (Endless Space, SoTS (not II), Stardrive (not really the same category but anyway), GalCiv, etc. (you could say I like LISP from all those () but it would be a lie))?

tindrli

Arcane
im not a right person to explain and probably after this comment you will find nothing new or helpfull but anyway its definitely better than GalCIv FFS.. and i didnt play much Endless space.. i tryed it and found it to be... shallow. at least IMHO. with SoTS.. well its a good game but not what i was looking for in a short, and it was a long long time since i played it. Stardrive, i gave up as soon as i saw that its not turn based but i think i will try it again when they polish it some more.
the best thing in my opinion would be to try it again and see for your self
Hell i dont even remmember if those webs with mods are still online.. i know that i have all those files stashed somewhere.. will try to find it and will edit here

This.
http://moo3.at/
here you can find i think everything ..

now im playing Tropical1.3.10 with partoftrop.1.3.11update which makes game as it should be in afirst place minus combat ofcourse
here you can find some recomendations
http://www.moo3.at/board/index.php?showtopic=2101

but i think that tropical is the most updated one

You poor things are so used to begging for the games' names that you don't even notice it when it's actually posted.:(

The developer said on piratebay that he's ok with people pirating it if they consider buying it if they like the game (if pirating to "demo" it), or once they have some spare money (if pirating because they're unable to buy). He also seems to take criticism well on review sites, which is always a good sign for the game (as opposed to "fuck that loser"). Looks like it's worth a try. Some people say it's pretentious, but most of them sound like the kind of guy who complains about symbolism and unclearness of any kind.

EB136684E8E9BB2A881CF1875CA203FD074C7DBF

66F7C36FAD5F7012E9710453A7555541AABD4190

zwanzig_zwoelf

Damn it, must've been a very long night. Anyway, is it any good?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The answer is: MoO3 is one of the few games around that have AMBITION in them.

MetalCraze

Arcane
MoO3 has a lot of good ideas that leave MoO2 in a dust. Best of which is offloading micro to AIs with you setting the general tone for planet development but also can do the MoO2 level micro whenever you want. And devs clearly did scientific research too. But man... that interface. It ruins everything.

To get to some simple stuff you must menu dive as fuck. It just adds so much routine to a potentially great game.
Guess it can be compared to Victoria 1 in this regard.

Destroid

Arcane
Thing is... if you take out planet micro all you are really left with is picking techs, designing ships and fighting battles. I think some planet micro has it's place in 4x, probably MoO2 was a bit too much, especially late game when you have a ton of different buildings, perhaps some obsolescence would have helped here.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Some planet micro is what MoO3 has. They didn't take it out fully. But it's more about making surgical adjustments which is the perfect solution.
Unfortunately that shit interface makes doing such adjustments clunky as fuck since you need to dive 3 menus or so to make one.

MoO3 with a modern interface would've been an awesome 4X.

Just look what interface improvements done to Paradox games.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
9794.jpg

Jaesun cannot in Women. :lol: (And I SWEAR I said and did all the "nice" stuff with Chelsee). Oh well...

Who owns the MoO ip these days ?

i believe Atari has it

I just checked the Trademark site and yes, they still own it. And it is still LIVE and not expired (though they probably renewed it for when they put it up on GOG).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There were a lot of other problems with MoO3, like things not working as they're described or simply not doing anything at all.

Raapys

Arcane
From what I recall, they listened very much to fans( or their testers?) and tried to push just about everything into the game. That failed, needless to say, but I still think the result is unique. It's the only 4x game which I would really call 'grand strategy' and which has the feeling of controlling an empire. In that regard it's more similar to Paradox's games rather than the previous MoOs or other 4x games.

Given one or two more years of finishing features and polish, it would have been unbeaten for decades to come. It's still up there though, with mods and fixes.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
gNB5GEL.png

uTKkD3x.png

bz0ZsBa.png

yVwcL5L.png

First playthrough with free cd-version. It is a link between GTA and adventure games. The world is fleshed out, you can grab anything you want, a real curse for a newbie, considering the inventory size. The plot is great, I was wondering what will bring the end of assasination process. And I wasn't expecting that sort of ending. It leaves more questions than answers. The Immershun is big in this one. Click on everything and you can get some description. Click on someone and if he isn't drunk he will answer. And every game that let's you play with computer in it's own virutal environment has a big plus. The gloomy mood set in the future, is increased with excellent music from Matt Seldon & Steve Boynton. Cartoony violence was also great, the first confrontation with 2 thugs gave me death screen at first, but I managed to think of something. Someone should try make spiritual successor of Dreamweb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom