Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Stokowski

Arcane
Opps.

coyv1YN.png

'Murican Truck Simulator

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
ReVOLUTION is an early Romanian shooter from 2002, as could be expected of a nation without much in the way of a video game industry it's a somewhat rough game. Unlike the disgusting subhuman Bulgoids, the cuckold Hungarians and the degenerate and pretentious drunk Slovenian there's something to be appreciated about the Romanian, as far as they have fallen from better days. The peak of the Balkans can be found in the Croatian stock and this is reflected in the FPS classic Serious Sam, they are far more Western (or rather Roman) than the Polack troons, but having played the rare but always solid video games they offer Romania is not a bad place to stop by.

rev1addop.png

rev274fc3.png

rev5t9dqa.png

rev7uncw2.png

rev996e49.png

rev10z6fhj.png

rev11eaegr.png

rev124zdl2.png

rev13jge93.png

rev14s9ief.png

rev15eodqi.png

rev16wpeew.png

rev178tii0.png

rev18ymf1y.png

rev192kc8k.png

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
That's G String, originally a free Half-Life 2 mod that got a commercial release in 2020 and has an upcoming ultimate edition.

It's actually one of the games ReVOLUTION reminded me the most of, the original mod is a very drawn out one-person dev army affair with voice acting so bad you can't hear what the characters are saying but what it nails is the look and feel of the early Half-Life 2 concept art. If you're one of those people that thought that HL2 seemed more interesting before the overhaul it might be something to check out. One of the moments of the mod still sticks out in my memory is when you come out of a decaying and abandoned metro system out into a massive crater, old corpses lining your way and the sickly green-brown skies finally being seen again above, the apocalyptic vision was much stronger than anything in the Metro games. The setting presents a total desolation, people struggling to get the air they need, toxic acid pits represents the last of the water on Earth. Rusted and half-broken down malfunctioning sexbots stumble around in the city sewers, you struggle against hostiles across mid-street garbage dumps that pile against the skyscrapers. You journey through dilapidated apartments that wasn't emptied yesterday. There was no alien invasion or seven hour war, nevertheless the world ended and you remain in it. The polished commercial version feels even more like a blend of the Half-Life 2 that never was with hints of STALKER, with the voice acting being fixed and the maps being better and less amateurish.

Ostensibly the game delivers a feminist anti-consumer social commentary which twists itself far from any recognizable shape by its embrace of death and deterioration, warnings about overindulgence and capitalism turns into a desire for destruction. It's a suffocating mood that transcends the petty political drivel cooked up in think-tanks and delivers something genuine with a soul of its own.

The original mod is now as far as I know gone from the internet, instead a gimped version can be found here.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/g-string/downloads
In the previous release of the mod there was copyrighted pop music to accompany the best shootouts in the game.

Early HL2 concept art:

canals_yelloweseci.jpg
scrapland_cracksu4fu8.jpg

vorti-cellksit8.jpg
wasteland_airex_skybo90cj1.jpg

G String:

gstring185ic0.jpg

gstring2p1dpr.jpg

gstring35diwr.jpg

gstring4e5cc8.jpg

gstring5h8eey.jpg

gstring68zddl.jpg

gstring7ymelp.jpg

gstring8qaepq.jpg

gstring9iui0h.jpg

gstring10vfdpi.jpg

gstring12pdcog.jpg

gstring11v7e4c.jpg

gstring13wni2y.jpg

gstring14stiz8.jpg

gstring15zhij8.jpg

gstring16lfdou.jpg

gstring176kfdf.jpg

gstring18e3e6i.jpg

gstring1993isw.jpg

HansDampf

Arcane
01aue46.png

Finished.
This one is my favorite of the 10+ hacks I've played now. It feels like a complete game with 30 hours playtime, mostly great levels, puzzles and secrets.

03cifsj.png

05olcoq.png

0640dj4.png

Maw of the Beast is the finale of bonus world 8. It's a big and atmospheric puzzle level.

07gtfqo.png

The theme is cooperation with Yoshi to get him from one place to the next and eventually to this blue shell. Then you can fly to the exit and escape.

0856fc6.png

I'm surprised how well this is put together. The way each element is presented gives the player all the necessary clues to solve the puzzles. Every detail has a purpose. And it builds on knowledge that has been acquired throughout the game. Best puzzle level of JUMP½.

09zpeh7.png

This unlocks the RNG Castle. Kick the die to determine the next room. Not my favorite. Some of the rooms are just ass.

02f7e94.png

107ue90.png

116yd1c.png

13b5cde.png

To fight Bowser you get a shell cannon and a high-jump cape.

14huiwa.png

Fun and challenging boss fight with slight bullet hell elements.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Abu Antar How are you liking Rogue Trader?
It's pretty cool. I still feel like there are new things introduced. I would call what I have beaten so far, the tutorial.
Combat is okay. It doesn't do anything mind blowing, but it doesn't suck. Lots of pewpew. I have three ranged characters, and one melee guy. The game looks absolutely stunning in motion. The menus look good. Not just boring nu-menus that are bare bones and "soulless". There's lots of text. I'm just skimming over it for now, because I don't want to get too invested in the story in a beta. There's nothing wrong with the writing, other than there might be a little too much of it. There are more cutscenes than I am used to in an isometric rpg. I am thinking that this is just because of the whole setup of the story. Generally speaking, the game is good. It would maybe have been a day one purchase for me, but I still have their two previous games to beat. I can absolutely see myself playing the full release at some point.

ferratilis

Magister
Don't know if it's something they did with the Anniversary Edition or just the timeless artstyle of the game, but it still looks amazing. And sounds amazing, as well.
20230708231248-1.jpg

Also, Diablo 4 players will never be able to zoom this far out, so there's that.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Don't know if it's something they did with the Anniversary Edition or just the timeless artstyle of the game, but it still looks amazing. And sounds amazing, as well.
20230708231248-1.jpg

Also, Diablo 4 players will never be able to zoom this far out, so there's that.
It looked great before the anniversary edition. Cool game.

Dr1f7

Scholar
index.php this one's Age of Fear 2

in AoF2 there's chaos demon and orc campaigns, but other ones have different race campaigns (the first one has necros and humans and others have other races)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have all the Age of Fear titles, and bought Age of Fear Total when it came out.

AoF Total costs way more than any of the others, but it includes ALL campaigns along with the promise that future campaigns will be included, too (it already has a beta version of the upcoming Age of Fear 5).

If you really like the series and want the full package, get AoF Total.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom