Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

lightbane

Arcane
2w1uu5k.png

Looks good. Would you kindly tell me which game is this?

Multi-headed Cow

Kinda wish they'd do a big 75%+ sale on the whole Juarez line on Steam. Kinda wanted to grab them but couldn't bring myself to pick them up at previous sale prices.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Well, if you grab the new one (Gunslinger) for $15, you get BiB free. GMG has a discount voucher at the moment, so I think you can get 30% off on it as well.

Both BiB and the original were pretty decent games. Never played The Cartel, but apparently it was utter shit.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
BiB was fair IIRC. I bought the original while I was in Italy because whatever and it was pretty dull imho.

I'm interested in Gunslinger but I really don't have any money.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Due to popular demand, here's a link to my new Codex LP:

NSFW
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-morenatsu.92657/
NSFW

Y'know there are very few games I would not LP at all, and this is one of them.

Why? I thought they LP'd weird dating sims and visual novels in the playground before.
Don't you think people would get a laugh out of seeing it?

Or is it somehow more disturbing than any "rape whoever you can" Rance could ever be?

Modron

Arcane
Monocled orc sodomy!

Starting Of Orcs and Men now after running through the Game of Thrones DLC. The GoT DLC was super short (maybe an hour, hour and a half long) but by and large well put together and had a decent pile of voicework. Not really worth the $5 they were asking for it but for the dollar or whatever I spent during a sale it was alright.
OaM's combat is much closer to GoT than Mars War Logs, so that's good. Writing and voice acting has been entertaining so far too. Kinda looks like Mars was the worst of these popamole Focus published RPGs unless Orcs gets awful later.

Of Orcs and Men is nowhere near the quality of GOT either (due to you know being developed by a different developer and all), game-play basically boils down to linear tunnels with the chance to stealth kill a couple guys here and there. Rinse repeat 3 more times and you get to each section's hub which contains 3-5 characters (1 blacksmith/shopkeeper, 2-3 or side quest givers, 1 main quest giver) then repeats this format for the next chapters. Really no choice or consequence as really the only thing that you can choose to do is avoid some of the linear sidequests.

Choice mostly boils down to do you kill this guy via dialogue or talk to him then kill him via combat. No fleshed out towns, story isn't that great, and really the best thing about it is the fact that it isn't that long. I liked some of the changes to character development such as giving each skill two exclusive upgrades but I abhorred the removal of the skill point system and lowered number of starting classes and specializations. Honestly I probably wouldn't purchase another Spiders' game lest several people here claim it's the second coming of the 97 era of CRPGs.

Hellraiser

Arcane
It's that time of the year again, the time when it gets so fucking hot outside it becomes unbearable to leave the confines of your potatoland apartment. At the same time you can't go to the beach because the water is still too fucking cold, also you're broke. Therefore there is only one choice of action, play GabeN's gift to mankind.

hl1.png

Proof that theoretical physicists should not do acid.

hl2.png

Well this bad trip is coming to an end.

hl3.png

Cyrillic, bunch of old buildings, cops wearing gas masks, monolithic futuristic structures towering above the skyline, dear leader broadcasting propaganda to you via TV screens. Yes, the ashes definitely smell like potato.

hl4.png

Apparently the G-Man undressed Gordon, who knows what else he did in the two decades since he put him into that stasis. :codexisfor:

hl6.png

Bad men from other universe come and take all potato, then they kill husband. Such injustice has to be fixed with a swift crowbar swing.

hl7.png

Crawling through canals, the scenery looks familiar, also piss, shit and garbage floating everywhere. The ashes definitely smell like potato : x

hl8.png

:rage:

It's doing that to mess with me, isn't it? The jokes is on it, one does not fuck around when liberator of potato the one free man is around.

Bonus shot:

hl9.png

Half-Life 2 fails the skyway test of quality due to poor tire textures.

zwanzig_zwoelf

212ybs.png

Foul lang everywhere.

What game is this, and is it good?
The Creed.
It is quite good. If you enjoy cyberpunk/noir, ultra-dark atmosphere, mixes of genres and multiple storylines - you might really enjoy it.
But give it more than one try.

Also, it never really cares about the player, there's no manual, and if you have a problem, you need to figure it out all by yourself.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I only played demo of it and had nice atmosphere. Unfortunatelly after many years, and grabbing full version it didn't work on my Win Xp. What OS are you running it on zwanzig_zwoelf ?
Windows 7 64-bit. It crashed at the first scene, but I grabbed a fix from some Russian site, and it worked just fine, zero crashes so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom