Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Multi-headed Cow

More orcs! MORE ORCS!
Also it's weird as hell. Games usually look better in motion than they do in screenshots, but I swear to god Orcs and Men looks better in screenshots than it does in motion.

14831BDEAE454C51FF79EC648F75817B19D714BE

4FE20D7C96ECE6B38B300E338412BC5E3CD04782

D92F17A0BD7F2A5E9FDC71CD21335F629581613A

0AFC3CDC928531601871202162AFFCB7F5B2799C

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
YiMf7HU.jpg

4Vrfvps.jpg

Black Cat !!! :x

c79LUbJ.jpg

ionwwnA.jpg

J0zX7ow.jpg

qRsrnif.jpg

d7D209I.jpg

94pWIcz.jpg

Damn, The third part of KQ really hooked me up. Alexander story feels very diffrent in gameplay, especially at the beginning. The ticking clock and constant save-load mechanism to spare as much time as possible. That old wizard gave me the creeps, and learning about the items the hard way was funny. Making spells with the book was fun, it reminded me of Kyrandia 2, although here it was much easier to fail and have an end screen :lol:. The ways you can die here are sometimes hillarious. AGD team made a hell of a job, and considering their previous remakes it surely is the best one. John Bell as the narrator is perfect, he can be add easily some sarcasm during our actions in the game. Other voice actors did well too. Even Disney-like moment with song. Changing of the protagonist helped the series, adding something new but not entirely changing the well known series. I played only the 6th one, but it's clear that the fairy tale storie is a good background for the fleshed out puzzles and riddles. The next part will be total retro, no remake whatsoever for now, but I won't wait for remake.

Heresiarch

Prophet
More orcs! MORE ORCS!
Also it's weird as hell. Games usually look better in motion than they do in screenshots, but I swear to god Orcs and Men looks better in screenshots than it does in motion.

So how is the game? I just remember that I had its ISO stored somewhere, and never installed it.

Multi-headed Cow

More orcs! MORE ORCS!

So how is the game? I just remember that I had its ISO stored somewhere, and never installed it.
So far I'm liking it, but it depends on how picky you are about playing monocled RPGs. Probably best to think of it as a RTwP action game than a RPG. If you played the Game of Thrones RPG it's vaguely akin to that. Since you're not removing it from an inventory it's worth a look at least.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I've decided to take a break from Glow matter, trying to explore different crater.

ca8Lbsl.jpg

What patch for high resolution do you use? I tried some high res mod for arcanum/planescape: torment, but it fucked up the ui.

Qatesh

Educated

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I don't like that map, doesn't get even close to the joy of old CS_RIO, and has too many camper spots...

Yeah it's a bit too big, with lots of pointless dead ends. Everything usually ends up in boring choke point firefights.

ie82UqUYfoLos.jpg

This map on the other hand is ton of fun. You can go into every room in the motel, and leads to some tense cat and mouse shenanigans.

zwanzig_zwoelf

2cfqszb.png

Some darned thug ordered me to empty my pockets just a moment later. When I tried to defend myself, Enforcers shot my arse down.
What a shame.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ah, Transport Tycoon used to be one of my favorites when I was younger.

Played it so much, but never really got into making complex railway systems etc, never felt the need when a simple a-b connection with one train on it would already rack in hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I don't like that map, doesn't get even close to the joy of old CS_RIO, and has too many camper spots...

Fuck, I wish I saw such nice maps on our local servers. All anyone here is interested in playing is Dust 2, and maybe the occasional office.

catfood

AGAIN
Ah, Transport Tycoon used to be one of my favorites when I was younger.

Played it so much, but never really got into making complex railway systems etc, never felt the need when a simple a-b connection with one train on it would already rack in hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.
Yeah, I think the main problem of the game is that it is piss easy. Even with AI players it's very easy because they're usually brain dead. The only challenge comes from trying to create the most complex and efficient railroad system possible.

I'm playing OTTD and they have a ranking system where you need to achieve certain numbers in order to reach certain goals. For instance you need to have X number of vehcles, Y profit per year, Z number of good transported, etc. I still haven't managed to get it all to 100% because in order to do so you would need to tweak everything to perfection.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I played OTTD years ago. It was a really good title, but very easy to game the system. Whenever a new competitor appeared it was pretty easy to destroy them. You'd just wait about 10 minutes, because inevitably shortly after starting to play, the AI opponent would crash his stock prices so they're worth only $2, then you just buy out all their stock and problem solved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom