Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by potatojohn, May 21, 2012.

1. Gord Arcane

Gord
    Bitches love my new car...

[​IMG]

Also: Steam on Linux ftw

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black Cat !!! :x

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn, The third part of KQ really hooked me up. Alexander story feels very diffrent in gameplay, especially at the beginning. The ticking clock and constant save-load mechanism to spare as much time as possible. That old wizard gave me the creeps, and learning about the items the hard way was funny. Making spells with the book was fun, it reminded me of Kyrandia 2, although here it was much easier to fail and have an end screen :lol:. The ways you can die here are sometimes hillarious. AGD team made a hell of a job, and considering their previous remakes it surely is the best one. John Bell as the narrator is perfect, he can be add easily some sarcasm during our actions in the game. Other voice actors did well too. Even Disney-like moment with song. Changing of the protagonist helped the series, adding something new but not entirely changing the well known series. I played only the 6th one, but it's clear that the fairy tale storie is a good background for the fleshed out puzzles and riddles. The next part will be total retro, no remake whatsoever for now, but I won't wait for remake.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Heresiarch Prophet

Heresiarch
    So how is the game? I just remember that I had its ISO stored somewhere, and never installed it.

^ Top  
  4. Anthony Davis Blizzard Entertainment Developer

Anthony Davis
    What is this game? I can't figure out what ToME stands for. I am super intrigued.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. So far I'm liking it, but it depends on how picky you are about playing monocled RPGs. Probably best to think of it as a RTwP action game than a RPG. If you played the Game of Thrones RPG it's vaguely akin to that. Since you're not removing it from an inventory it's worth a look at least.

^ Top  
  6. Tales of Maj'eyal. http://te4.org/

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron Sad Loser

Jasede
    Tales of Middle Earth, you mean.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Anthony Davis Blizzard Entertainment Developer

Anthony Davis
    Rereading that again... it's like he creates art with his words.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Qatesh Educated

Qatesh
    I've decided to take a break from Glow matter, trying to explore different crater.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. What patch for high resolution do you use? I tried some high res mod for arcanum/planescape: torment, but it fucked up the ui.

^ Top  
  11. Qatesh Educated

Qatesh
    ^ Top  
  12. Thanks, man.

^ Top  
  13. yellowcake Arcane

yellowcake
    It;s ep1 I presume. This ep has very good ending final boss' fight, I hope valve has some of it still in them.

^ Top  
  14. agentorange Arcane Patron

agentorange
    Codex 2012
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    I don't like that map, doesn't get even close to the joy of old CS_RIO, and has too many camper spots...

^ Top  
  16. agentorange Arcane Patron

agentorange
    Codex 2012
    Yeah it's a bit too big, with lots of pointless dead ends. Everything usually ends up in boring choke point firefights.

[​IMG]

This map on the other hand is ton of fun. You can go into every room in the motel, and leads to some tense cat and mouse shenanigans.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. [​IMG]
    Some darned thug ordered me to empty my pockets just a moment later. When I tried to defend myself, Enforcers shot my arse down.
    What a shame.

^ Top  
  18. Twinkle Liturgist

Twinkle
    I SAW THE LIGHT:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  19. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    The nail that sticks out gets its head ripped off in a very bloody manner. Or something like that.

^ Top  
  20. catfood AGAIN

catfood
    Some pics from a :obviously: game to fight off the :popamole:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  21. DDZ Red blood, white skin, blue collar Patron

DDZ
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Ah, Transport Tycoon used to be one of my favorites when I was younger.

Played it so much, but never really got into making complex railway systems etc, never felt the need when a simple a-b connection with one train on it would already rack in hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

^ Top  
  22. Zewp Arcane

Zewp
    Codex 2013
    Fuck, I wish I saw such nice maps on our local servers. All anyone here is interested in playing is Dust 2, and maybe the occasional office.

^ Top  
  23. catfood AGAIN

catfood
    Yeah, I think the main problem of the game is that it is piss easy. Even with AI players it's very easy because they're usually brain dead. The only challenge comes from trying to create the most complex and efficient railroad system possible.

I'm playing OTTD and they have a ranking system where you need to achieve certain numbers in order to reach certain goals. For instance you need to have X number of vehcles, Y profit per year, Z number of good transported, etc. I still haven't managed to get it all to 100% because in order to do so you would need to tweak everything to perfection.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Zewp Arcane

Zewp
    Codex 2013
    I played OTTD years ago. It was a really good title, but very easy to game the system. Whenever a new competitor appeared it was pretty easy to destroy them. You'd just wait about 10 minutes, because inevitably shortly after starting to play, the AI opponent would crash his stock prices so they're worth only $2, then you just buy out all their stock and problem solved.

^ Top  
  25. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    [​IMG]

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.