Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
dosbox2013-05-1909-53xnl6m.jpg

dosbox2013-05-1909-53fyjqc.jpg

dosbox2013-05-1920-345lb7g.jpg

dosbox2013-05-1915-55uyyxk.jpg

hedosbox2013-05-1920-oubs9.jpg

Gord

Arcane
It;s ep1 I presume. This ep has very good ending final boss' fight, I hope valve has some of it still in them.

It's episode 2, right at the point were you discover the escape pod of one of the advisors that fled the citadel in ep 1.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see Hellraisers answer.

yellowcake

Arcane
Hell, I don't seem to remember much of any of them. Only played once each on release. I was thinking of replaying them but the zombie parts kept me off.

baturinsky

Arcane
OTTD also have a very crappy system of revenue. It is based on distance of transportation, so you get more if you move resource to some distant factory, even if there are factories nearby that can use it. And passengers are even worse - they don't care where you transport them.

Hellraiser

Arcane
OTTD also have a very crappy system of revenue. It is based on distance of transportation, so you get more if you move resource to some distant factory, even if there are factories nearby that can use it. And passengers are even worse - they don't care where you transport them.

Except that freight rates are based on distance in real life, the producer doesn't care where he is selling the good as long as he's getting paid. What is bad is that factories are willing to pay for delivery even if there is a source of the goods they need closer than from where you keep hauling the stuff.

baturinsky

Arcane
I think freight rates in OTTD is/should be just a difference of buying and selling prices for commodities. Because it's not sombedoy comes and ask you to move goods from A to B, you decide yourself where you buy and where you sell.

This way or another, game should not encourage moving commodities long ways, if there are more reasonable alternatives.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Did loading up a train cost money in TTD/OTTD? I think it didn't, ergo you're only transporting things and not buying and selling them. Also that's the proper way to simulate a transportation business.

Also moving them shorter distances is more efficient cost-wise so it is encouraged if you actually bother doing the math. You need less infrastructure, you need less vehicles needed to haul goods at maximum capacity of the infrastructure so thus you get a better return on the capital you spent to build a railroad etc.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Fallout looks so fugly with high resolution :/

Some sort of visual impressions of Metro Last Light because I made a few screenies:

metroll2013-05-1419-0yauel.png

looks cozy

metroll2013-05-1420-26dujx.png

Not so cozy :/

metroll2013-05-1520-03oumh.png

I stood there for 2 minutes but she wont leave the shower :(

metroll2013-05-1520-020uyy.png

Here we can see some Skyways in their natural habitat

metroll2013-05-1520-1hyuz1.png

He's alive! :o And changed political sides apparently...

metroll2013-05-1605-269ukj.png

Looks interesting...

metroll2013-05-1605-22puak.png

Ok, it doesn't :lol:

metroll2013-05-1605-4vfuei.png

That guy looks like commander shepard

metroll2013-05-1420-2yguql.png

Friendzoned :(

metroll2013-05-1519-12ausd.png

metroll2013-05-1519-1p7ur4.png

metroll2013-05-1420-3fkura.png

Those outdoor levels look fucking amazing

metroll2013-05-1420-378uf2.png

:cleve: :awor:

metroll2013-05-1501-09fuaa.png

All hail mein fuhrer

metroll2013-05-1519-5bmuvm.png

insert funny comment here

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I don't like that map, doesn't get even close to the joy of old CS_RIO, and has too many camper spots...
Fuck, I wish I saw such nice maps on our local servers. All anyone here is interested in playing is Dust 2, and maybe the occasional office.
Well, that was in the old days of 1.4-1.5, and it was easily the most well done fan-map I've ever seen, full of brazilian jokes, music, a soccer field where you could kick the ball and the score would change, really a nice work. The only remake of it for CS:GO is extremely cheap and shitty, so no one pays it and we're also stuck on the Dust_2/Aztec map rottation...

anus_pounder

Arcane
Fallout looks so fugly with high resolution :/

Some sort of visual impressions of Metro Last Light because I made a few screenies:

metroll2013-05-1419-0yauel.png

looks cozy

metroll2013-05-1420-26dujx.png

Not so cozy :/

metroll2013-05-1520-03oumh.png

I stood there for 2 minutes but she wont leave the shower :(

metroll2013-05-1520-020uyy.png

Here we can see some Skyways in their natural habitat

metroll2013-05-1520-1hyuz1.png

He's alive! :o And changed political sides apparently...

metroll2013-05-1605-269ukj.png

Looks interesting...

metroll2013-05-1605-22puak.png

Ok, it doesn't :lol:

metroll2013-05-1605-4vfuei.png

That guy looks like commander shepard

metroll2013-05-1420-2yguql.png

Friendzoned :(

metroll2013-05-1519-12ausd.png

metroll2013-05-1519-1p7ur4.png

metroll2013-05-1420-3fkura.png

Those outdoor levels look fucking amazing

metroll2013-05-1420-378uf2.png

:cleve: :awor:

metroll2013-05-1501-09fuaa.png

All hail mein fuhrer

metroll2013-05-1519-5bmuvm.png

insert funny comment here

Be honest with us Surf. How many bullets did you spend on that chick in Venice ? :P

Ashery

Prophet
What is this game? I can't figure out what ToME stands for. I am super intrigued.

The game's fun, but it's definitely more frustrating than Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. My experience is still fairly limited as I only really got into it after seeing Pepe's screenshots, but the game can easily put you into unwinnable situations. I had a level 14 arcane (Mostly arcane; I had five points into that sunburst spell) mage that was pretty much dominating the field, but upon entering one of your everyday rooms, I was instantly grappled and had all of my spells and runes/infusions rendered unusable. This left me with only items to use, of which I had three: A charm that gave me 15 physical and acid damage reduction, a belt that gave me 20% evasion, and a lantern that provided illumination. Needless to say, four turns of being a punching bag was more than my little mage could handle.

I also had an hour long fight with the temporal boss last night. Constantly had to disengage due to unlucky openings and was once even dropped to 10/260hp (Thank god for the +21hp on my armor), but some lucky item drops prior and multiple escape mechanisms meant that I was eventually able to whittle them down and come out victorious.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah, thats one of the main gripes I have with Tome. You sometimes will get stunned and most of your talents will be put on cooldown, your speed will be reduced and you will basicaly be a punching bag for 1-10 turns. There is the Infusion that clears the stunned status, and supposedly Infusions cant be put on cooldown by stun so there is a way out of this but it was the single most prevalent reason for my deaths in Tome. Oh, and Solipsist-rares are back, and those fuckers can put you to sleep and punch you with impunity, you basicaly cant do shit until you wake up.

Other than that, Tome 4 is a very nice and interesting rogue-like, a bit light on the usuall rogue-like elements.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
One of the biggest problems with ToME imo is that rares can have very broken skill combinations. If it stuns you, and you clear it, then it stuns you again, then just chain stuns you, you're fucked. Not to mention there are multiple types of each status effect (for example, physical or magical stuns) which count separately and aren't cured by the same effect.

That combined with the limited amount of equipment available makes for some essentially hopeless situations that crop up quite frequently. ToME is filled with 'silver bullet' type skills that utterly fuck very specific builds too, and sooner or later you're bound to meet one that fucks your character.

baturinsky

Arcane
Bosses are hacx, having up to twice skill levels compared to player's maximums.
Here is one semi-mandatory boss:
tome1011364756011.png
That ~95% attack speed is actually bonus, and is multiplicative with global speed, so it's nearly five attacks in a row. Kills my (pretty durable and resistant) skelly zerker in one turn. I only managed to kill it under Unstoppable. It's not even multiclass, "just" a Shadowblade, but buffed far beyond any player char can theoretically get to.

For some reason my halfling brawler killed it without even noticing before. Probably because of her huge dodge rate.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Dungeon crawling in Half-Life 2, also includes vehicles.

hl221.png

I saw a manhack the other day. Horrible creatures, I avoid them whenever I can.

hl222.png

Got a new airboat. Bitches love airboats.

hl223.png

The melonhead G-Man is watching.

hl224.png

Catching air with the airboat. Potato thieves are so pissed off they keep sending dropships and cannon fodder to slow gordon down.

hl225.png

Also another chopper.

:rage:

hl226.png

Unfortunately for the chopper the airboat's firepower has been augmented. You didn't ask for this now did you cunt?

hl227.png

The suits are always watching, it's like an awful soulless corporate office job existence only with headcrabs and fucking choppers chasing you all the time.

hl228.png

Lovely potato neighborhood, must be Łódź.

hl229.png

Gordon meets Commissar Draco, even after ITZ he remains a zealous defender of orthodoxy against the xeno hordes. :salute:

hl2210.png

Bad news, it looks like you've got crabs down there Gordon.

hl2211.png

The G-Man as always is one step ahead.

hl2212.png

Road rage against the combine warmachine. That will teach you to steal potato from the poor and ruin glorious potato beaches by infesting them with antlions!

hl2213.png

I wonder what the geneva convention says about maiming people with a crane. Then again I doubt it applies to lackeys of brain bugs from another universe.

Ashery

Prophet
Holy shit.

Talk about YASD.

I unlocked the Temporal Warden and was doing pretty nicely. Damage was a bit subpar, but I had amazing escape abilities.

So, while attempting to clear the tomb near New Hope, I was relying on Precognition to scout out ahead and test the waters because of limited sight and range on my bow.

...You can probably see where this is going.

I walked in to suicidally scout...when precognition wasn't up.

God damnit.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Purrdy.
24B6BE8DA4D2B763F9923E7E0A1266595700CBF0

Really love the atmosphere in this game. Same level a little while and a change of light and weather later.
F2A4313E39A9FCEE10A302DFF64B80D8629ED210

I met Lyric Suite in the game.
5A51012A0499058EAAE450E92D564E8306289CFF

What seems to start as a shit vehicle section is the beginning of a real survival horror segment. Love it.
BCA96F038E450E3F7B5A00FC65F6C098BE0B1A0A

Heresiarch

Prophet
What is this game? I can't figure out what ToME stands for. I am super intrigued.

The game's fun, but it's definitely more frustrating than Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. My experience is still fairly limited as I only really got into it after seeing Pepe's screenshots, but the game can easily put you into unwinnable situations. I had a level 14 arcane (Mostly arcane; I had five points into that sunburst spell) mage that was pretty much dominating the field, but upon entering one of your everyday rooms, I was instantly grappled and had all of my spells and runes/infusions rendered unusable. This left me with only items to use, of which I had three: A charm that gave me 15 physical and acid damage reduction, a belt that gave me 20% evasion, and a lantern that provided illumination. Needless to say, four turns of being a punching bag was more than my little mage could handle.

I also had an hour long fight with the temporal boss last night. Constantly had to disengage due to unlucky openings and was once even dropped to 10/260hp (Thank god for the +21hp on my armor), but some lucky item drops prior and multiple escape mechanisms meant that I was eventually able to whittle them down and come out victorious.

Strange enough, I find that ToME4 is much easier to play compared to DCSS. ToME4 has so many options to use that making surviving - or escaping - possible most of the times, while in DCSS, if my mana is 0 then I'm fucked. I agree though that instagib happens too easily in ToME4, especially elite monsters like the champions of Ur'khor (sp?) can rush upon you and deal 1000+ damage spikes in the same turn. IMO ToME4 is the art of powergaming to the max, all the combinations of talents/equipments/bonuses/cooldowns/etc. gives next to infinite gameplay combos, and that's what required to beat the game in nightmare + roguelike difficuty.

Ashery

Prophet

Strange enough, I find that ToME4 is much easier to play compared to DCSS. ToME4 has so many options to use that making surviving - or escaping - possible most of the times, while in DCSS, if my mana is 0 then I'm fucked. I agree though that instagib happens too easily in ToME4, especially elite monsters like the champions of Ur'khor (sp?) can rush upon you and deal 1000+ damage spikes in the same turn. IMO ToME4 is the art of powergaming to the max, all the combinations of talents/equipments/bonuses/cooldowns/etc. gives next to infinite gameplay combos, and that's what required to beat the game in nightmare + roguelike difficuty.

Except DCSS has consumables. Player skill matters in that a weaker player will burn through his consumables more quickly and get caught in a situation where there's no escape because of his over-reliance on consumables early on.

That grapple situation? Beyond having one of a handful of items that could've broken the grapple (The unique tool that allows you to cast sleep or the polearm that Pepe posted being two possibilities that come to mind), there's absolutely fuck all an archmage can do in that situation. Even having multiple shields up wouldn't have helped as I died only half way through the four turn grapple.

The only thing I could've done differently would've been to cast arcane eye around every fucking corner, but I'm not sure how reasonable the expectation of that degree of caution would be.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The only thing I could've done differently would've been to cast arcane eye around every fucking corner, but I'm not sure how reasonable the expectation of that degree of caution would be.

Always equip a torque of psychoportation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom