Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Heresiarch

Prophet
If you like survival horror, dark humor, weird stuff that are messing with your mind, and difficult gameplay, then Illbleed is a really good game for you. I think even the horror moments are all randomized for each gameplay as well, so cheap scares in the first playthrough may not happen again...only to scare you with another trick. What I like most is the mix blend of black humor and horror. It's a very unique experience for a survival horror game.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
When you take damage, the girls will get almost naked.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
When you take damage, the girls will get almost naked.

5185.jpg

zwanzig_zwoelf

b4b5m8.png

Was forced to tweak this shit until those 'shadows' disappeared.

This game was actually awesome. One of the weirdest creepy shit. The difficulty was intense as well, with all the resource limits. Daaaamn now I want to play it again, I've only finished the second or third area.
Awesome games usually require tweaking. Lots of tweaking.
But I only ran it to look if it works. Guess I'll spend a night with a pad.

goo golem

Educated
Once you've finished it and cease fire is called in the Fallout Codex civil war-thread we can officially rename it the Illbleed Debate Thread/The Illbleed Symposium and settle this.

Hellraiser

Arcane
This topic needs more of GabeN's love:

hl31.png

Since Gordon apparently shot down the entire City 17 hunter-chopper squadron the potato thieves from another universe are apparently now sending in these biomechanical abominations after him. Unluckily for them they seem to always appear when a crate full of laser-guided missiles is nearby

:troll:

hl32.png

I have no idea how to explain this to the mechanic.

hl33.png

My god, platforming. When was the last time you saw something like this in a FPS?

hl34.png

More synth gunships. Well luckily the resistance's economy seems to run on producing laser-guided missiles.

hl35.png

I have to say I quite like the fact how the Combine uses and adapts local technology on the worlds it occupies. Why build maglev networks on a world you want to loot out of it's resources (including the water in the oceans). Just use their railway. You save resources and you minimize the amount of advanced technology that the natives could potentially use against you, quite brilliant.

hl36.png

These alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up stealing my ride!

hl37.png

It looks like the prison...

hl38.png

...has bugs. :yeah:

hl39.png

Fighting the man!

hl310.png

More propaganda, "the television is lying" as we potatoes used to say. That's a bad time to shout "yeah" though.

hl311.png

Artifacts from the Seven Hour war. A bit surprised the combine didn't strip it down as it was in the middle of the city. Then again maybe they left it as a reminder.

hl312.png

I have no idea why the lights on that truck are still on when it spent probably 20 years down in that collapsed and full of toxic waste tunnel.

hl313.png

Potato thieves picked a poor place to set up a field command post.

zwanzig_zwoelf

ih5uua.jpg

Bitch tries to make me join their ranks and feel the truth... while pointing the gun at me. Brilliant.

goo golem

Educated
And Dishonored I suppose, although I guess the platforming in that game falls into some sort of sub-category due to the blink ability. It had a double jump!

FPS platforming can be "good". Thief had a lot of platforming, and the fact that FPS platforming is a bit.... well, shit/slightly unintuitive/a matter of repetition, somehow fit with Thief since a lot the trickier stuff was optional. There's the slight acceleration which allows you to do some skill based movement, and then there's the risk/reward attached to it. A good example of this is The Lost City, where you can jump from the top of the building that houses the talisman, across and over the lava and into the caves that lead directly to the exit, avoiding all the elementals that just spawned. That's the reward. The risk: motherfucking lava.

ncWRJeo.jpg

If you step back and manage to bunny hop to the edge and then jump off, you can hit the ledge on the other side, rather than the ground, and then can hoist yourself up and avoid taking the fall damage that would kill you.

4kLyTUL.png

:greatjob: Lava: 0, Garrett/FPS Platforming: 1

fOq4k5W.jpg
"Most people will just fall into the lava you know. Over and over again until they stop playing."
:greatjob:... Garrett? I thought you retired and became a Keeper. What's up with your voice, you sound... different. And you look like that guy I went to high school with that wore makeup and HIM t-shirts. Are you ill?

fOq4k5W.jpg
"We'll add an ability that allows you to teleport instead."

:rpgcodex: Garrett... this... this isn't you, man. What about the simulation? The not so obvious, but totally glorious, use of jumping and the way the game physics work? I'm going to tell everyone about your decline!

fOq4k5W.jpg
"In five seconds my energy meter has refilled and I will trigger an animation that will be the end of you."

:rpgcodex: Garreghghhhh!!

Qatesh

Educated
Playing Crysis at Delta difficulty.
No Save/Reload game: autosaving at checkpoint.
No kills challenge: only obj can be killed (such as the two turret guys on tanks in "Recovery" chapter).

Contact
WQnfkmt.jpg

Recovery
MCO8zcl.jpg

So far so good.

Note: I've deleted the saved game between 25_RECOVERY_45M_43S and 29_RECOVERY_56M_08S, 'cause the first time I killed all the Korean in the school area.

Edit: oh...and...this is my first time with Crysis.

zwanzig_zwoelf

ih5uua.jpg

Bitch tries to make me join their ranks and feel the truth... while pointing the gun at me. Brilliant.
What game is that?
ih5uua.jpg

What game is that?

Probably Deus Ex: Invisible War.
General Maxson is right.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Crysis on delta difficulty was fun. I think that's the FPS I enjoyed the most out of those released after Half-Life 2. Loved the open maps, weapon customization and derping around with the nanosuit (even if 90% of the time I only used it for the optical camo). Quite a solid experience even if it does have some pretty obvious flaws and meh sections.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Playing Crysis made me rage so often, since the enemies are huge bullet sponges and can even swallow a couple of headshots. Sorry, but no

DraQ

Arcane
hl33.png

My god, platforming. When was the last time you saw something like this in a FPS?

Every shooter before HL? More recently, I am Alive opens like this but it is more of a TPS.
It's not even platforming - you can cross most of this area just walking on beams and the rest is a bunch of simple, forgiving jumps not needing any sort of precision.

And Dishonored I suppose, although I guess the platforming in that game falls into some sort of sub-category due to the blink ability. It had a double jump!
One thing I loved in Dishonored is that movement felt very natural and flexible, you didn't feel like huge, rigid, bobbing box sliding around while making footstep noises.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom