Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Friendzoned
You'll soon discover that Anna is actually horny for you and will let you grab at her right boob while you look at her left boob.

Ashery

Prophet
The only thing I could've done differently would've been to cast arcane eye around every fucking corner, but I'm not sure how reasonable the expectation of that degree of caution would be.

Always equip a torque of psychoportation.

Never seen one.

Just lost another archmage to grapple. This time was my fault, though, as I was running around with low mana in order to give that arcane shield some more room to work with. Instead of fighting when I didn't have enough mana to cast a rank five disruption shield (75% chance), I should've teleported away the moment I saw the boss incoming on my eye (I had just entered the bottom level of the maze. Did my usual illuminate (Max rank) upon entering the bottom level and then threw up an eye around the one blind corner. Saw a pack of devourers (I think that's what they're called) on the eye initially, and after a few turns the boss wandered up as well. An engagement with another devourer that approached from the top caused me to fuck up and aggro the main mob of devourers and the boss as well as drop me below the 65 mana mark for the shield).

deuxhero

Arcane
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble (PSP)
YGIftm6.jpg

It's like River City Ransom in 3D but with more manliness and no Americanization (which was pretty tame for the time and the only real problem is it cost us the actual sequel that was set in historic Japan... which we likely wouldn't have gotten anyways)

The story is simple: The main character wants to be the top Bancho (manly delinquent) of Japan and is forced to join the class trip to Kyoto. It turns out every OTHER city's top Bancho is also in Kyoto this week, so he sets out to beat them all up. To do this, he has to rely on random chance (aided by story events, which you don't have to participate in, often being in close proximity to where a Bancho is each day), exploration, or beating up their class mates to find their schedule and ambush them.

This game is a perfect example of how an otherwise "OK" (the combat is just "OK". It's a bit stiff, especially with early moves, but perfectly playable) game can be elevated to awesome simply by a great premise, and atmosphere (the gameplay for the never translated sequels is apparently good on its own merits).

I don't think it can be done with games where the gameplay is actually BAD though.

Hellraiser

Arcane
New version of Kerbal Space Program, time to derp around on the Mun. Also broke mods so I lost all the Urabian Kethane Refineries I landed so I started from scratch again. Time to rip-off the apollo style of landing on the Moon Mun, again. But hey it has flags now.

rksp660.png

First the STC (SPESS TRANSPORATTION CORPORATION) launched the Selene-1 mission in an attempt to land on the Mun. Since this was supposed to be a proof of concept only Bob Kerman was crazy enough to do it, he was in no way blackmailed and forced to board the Selene-1.

rksp6601.png

The command module and lander easily reached Munar orbit thanks to the Nuclear Thermal Rocket engine used for the transfer burn.

rksp6602.png

Bob landed safely and planted a flag to claim the Mun in the name of unrestricted capitalism.

rksp6600.png

Now that travel to the Mun was proven not to be a luxurious suicide the far bigger Selene-2 was launched with a crew of 3.

rksp663.png

It reached Kerbin parking orbit easily.

rksp667.png

The lander and command module detached and docked with each other before starting the transfer burn towards the Mun.

rksp6605.png

The lander had just barely enough fuel to land. Luckily the thrust on the lander's descent stage was overkill so a suicide burn decelerating the thing from 500 m/s when at about 1km above the surface worked.

rksp661.png

Planted another Selene Program flag. Time to drop the rover attached to the bottom and drive around.

rksp662.png

The dolts drive 12km to the Selene-1 landing site and back to the lander. Considering I barely had enough fuel to land without crashing landing that close is quite the feat.

rskp668.png

The ascent stage of the lander easily makes it back into orbit and docks with the command module with fuel to spare. I pump it back into the command stage, leave the empty lander in orbit and safely return back to Kerbin with the command module.

Damn, sorry. I'm always complaining that people don't write the name of the game in this thread, and then I go and do the same.

Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army. It's about a tale of love, friendship, betrayal, and an elite sniper who fights an army of Nazi zombies.

The game's detailed intro sets the tone for the complexity of the narrative.

I don't get the joke.

So knife-in-the-dick is a commonly accepted combat maneuver in potatoland? One more reason to never accept a plane tickets challenge from you people.

Heresiarch

Prophet
b4b5m8.png

Was forced to tweak this shit until those 'shadows' disappeared.

This game was actually awesome. One of the weirdest creepy shit. The difficulty was intense as well, with all the resource limits. Daaaamn now I want to play it again, I've only finished the second or third area.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom