Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Blonsky

Prophet
Time for man in skirts to take over the galaxy.
MpHYeID.jpg

When the enemies look better then your party.
NYCDGQg.jpg

Bugs in the AI are actually mental problems.
vJGn09h.jpg

Am i interrupting you guys in something
GrgiVID.jpg

Trash...
sta4ty7.jpg

0VeOFBr.jpg
Game names?

GARBAGE

Chaos Galaxy
Soda Dungeon 2
Gray Zone
Demon Gaze Extra
Dawn of Magic 2
Saint Kotar

Each one has some fun parts/mechanics/gameplay and alot of really bad things in it.

Fudging around with Zomb's Megabezel shaders and Retroarch's AI translation features to derp through nippon Master of Magic

[/spoiler]
The screens at that link are nice. One of the best CRT shaders I've seen
I tend to go for the Megabezel branches just because they roll a combination of so many different shaders together that there's a lot to play with. I don't care about the glass reflection stuff so much although it is admittedly kinda neat. I do like this package so far and it has options for a variety of different resolutions. The combination of signal noise and everything makes things look pretty nice IMO, it's noticeable with skyboxes and clouds:

1.jpg

2.jpg
Didn't know that Master Of Magic released for the Playstation

It's been a pretty faithful port so far. Mechanically it's completely sound- all of the cheesy builds from Runemaster/Artificer to Invulnerable Guardians work just as the original. There are problems here and there such as Windwalking being broken- I hired Jaer on like turn 20 of one of my games only to find that units he's grouped with don't share his movement speed like they're supposed to. Having him so early is like winning the lottery so that stunk.

The spellbook is such a smattering of moon runes, and spell descriptions pull up in a trasparent window- running the AI parser against the spellbook will shit out a bunch of gibberish most of the time. Luckily the UI is largely the same as PC- spell selection and pick selection are ordered exactly the same as on the wiki- and normally you can sus out which spell is which based on its location in the UI or spell / upkeep cost, etc. It helps if you've been playing it on and off for decades.

Overall perfectly playable if you turn the music off (otherwise the load times are unbearable) and jump through some hoops. I didn't find using a controller to be that much of an impediment. But outside of the curiosity factor and visual changes there's no reason to play it over the original. Some characters got glow-ups, others not so much. They made Sharee look like Corey in the House and gave her a bra, Horus looks like slightly less of a douchebag and poor Torin looks like some kind of alien that hatched from an egg on mars:

3.jpg

Did you manage to get the full bezels to work (i.e. fill the horizontal gaps)? That wood paneling that you can slightly see on your screenshots is supposed to extend to the edges of the screen. I can't seem to. Not that I like bezels, but I'd like to test them.

Just the opposite- the previous SNES bezel I was using was actually overlapping the screen, so whenever there was a black backround you'd see a faint bezel instead and it was super distracting. I ended up tracking down the the image file and just modifying it eventually. The woodpanel is less obtrusive so I haven't had to go to those measures. I combed through probably every setting of that shader and couldn't find a way to adjust it, though.

Generally all these shaders end up looking a lot worse if you force fullscreen, IMO, so there's going to be empty space. I tend to use the 'snes-metroid-integer' overlay as it's nice and neutral with like 50% opacity. Unfortunately I think you have to resize an overlays dimensions on a per-core basis and I'm too lazy futz with that.

Did you manage to get the full bezels to work (i.e. fill the horizontal gaps)? That wood paneling that you can slightly see on your screenshots is supposed to extend to the edges of the screen. I can't seem to. Not that I like bezels, but I'd like to test them.

Just the opposite- the previous SNES bezel I was using was actually overlapping the screen, so whenever there was a black backround you'd see a faint bezel instead and it was super distracting. I ended up tracking down the the image file and just modifying it eventually. The woodpanel is less obtrusive so I haven't had to go to those measures. I combed through probably every setting of that shader and couldn't find a way to adjust it, though.

Generally all these shaders end up looking a lot worse if you force fullscreen, IMO, so there's going to be empty space. I tend to use the 'snes-metroid-integer' overlay as it's nice and neutral with like 50% opacity. Unfortunately I think you have to resize an overlays dimensions on a per-core basis and I'm too lazy futz with that.
Changing aspect ratio to Full made the bezels work. I use 'core provided' normally. This guy did a lot of work (esp. for the 4k versions) and his base shader was CRT-Guest-advanced, which is one of my favourites.

Which preset are you using?
castlevaniauprg1-2311xnc6o.png

I quite like the 'hi-res' versions with Dreamcast running at native 640x480:

underdefeatjapan-2311ioe3x.png

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
I tend to go for the Megabezel branches just because they roll a combination of so many different shaders together that there's a lot to play with. I don't care about the glass reflection stuff so much although it is admittedly kinda neat. I do like this package so far and it has options for a variety of different resolutions. The combination of signal noise and everything makes things look pretty nice IMO, it's noticeable with skyboxes and clouds:
Got the pack and tried some of the presets on Seiken Densetsu 3, but unfortunately it took my fps down to 19. I am on an ~8 year old gaming laptop though. I think some people would balk at the heavily processed look but it looks cool to me. Keep in mind this is my first time using bezel shaders.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wish people would name the game if it's not immediately obvious where the screenshot is from, especially when posting shots from a selection of different games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom