Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
What's this?
The Legend of Sword and Fairy
Nice, looks like there's an English translation project for it:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2441/
Yup, there's also a remake.
Its translation and a lot of good discussion about it happened right here in the Codex: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-legend-of-sword-and-fairy-aka-chinese-paladin.99662/

TL;DR: Chinese Paladin 1 is a really good old-school RPG. It's like if classic JRPGs like Phantasy Star were PC exclusives and based on Chinese folklore. Great story and characters, with amazing sprites, the only downside is that the combat and dungeon design are very simplistic (bosses are still fun). But it has a mod that makes things really hard, if you prefer that.

There's actually three versions: The 1995 original, the 1998 re-release and the 2001 remake. The 2001 remake is dumbed down (and the translation project died), go for the 98 re-release that expands the endings.

Eldrin

Novice
Risen11.png
Risen10.png
Risen5.png

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's actually three versions: The 1995 original, the 1998 re-release and the 2001 remake. The 2001 remake is dumbed down (and the translation project died), go for the 98 re-release that expands the endings.
Is this the 95 or 98 version?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1546570/Sword_and_Fairy/
Also, can you link the hard mod?
That Steam one has both versions! And this is the fantasy mod: https://www.palhero.net/?p=1566

Just beware: it adds a few items, skills and side-quests too, and those won't be translated... depending on your tolerance to this, might be better to enjoy it as a nice, casual vintage RPG.

MaxPaint

Literate
Finished the 1/3 difficulty and I think I'll just stop there, I tried the next one and the game just turns into a grind. It's the same maps, same guns, same enemies just stronger. There's no content especially for a roguelite. But what I've played was fun.

JikpNek.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KLgJRYD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5PAi8Le.jpg

VjFW38n.jpg

1zILnx7.jpg

toINvbk.jpg

5XlLarQ.jpg

oEvhelV.jpg

Erv0KZ1.jpg

3wCIrZX.jpg

AADtyYo.jpg

Fargus

Arcane
Archolos. Second playthrough.

QMlQdNj.jpeg

hvNrldu.jpeg

FaFD5tT.jpeg

Kyle the mommy's boy went berserk with a knife on local dragon snapper that descended from the mountains. Just Gothic things.
QSTnYTJ.jpeg

Guy with a pot on his head tells me he is anxious to fight orcs. Art imitates life.

hIlTJCJ.jpeg

74XTKos.jpeg

Ezekiel

Arcane
TzNc9db.jpeg

:roll:

Thank you for telling me something I couldn't have figured out on my own, again. Liked it better when we didn't have these loading screen hints in every game. They spoiled a few secrets in Tears of the Kingdom, such as reversing time on rocks to ride up into the sky.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
TzNc9db.jpeg

Thank you for telling me something I couldn't have figured out on my own, again. Liked it better when we didn't have these loading screen hints in every game. They spoiled a few secrets in Tears of the Kingdom, such as reversing time on rocks to ride up into the sky.

Are you emulating? Those games are among the few things making me consider a Switch

Ezekiel

Arcane
TzNc9db.jpeg

Are you emulating? Those games are among the few things making me consider a Switch
Emulating. Have the physical game, played that shortly after it came out. Big waste of money, my Switch. Probably. Haven't tested most of my small collection to see how well each game emulates.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
5nisym.jpg

I thought I already took care of these guys back in Sanitarium :timetoburn:

uvwm3u.jpg

no RPG can be truly complete without rat diplomacy

d3ali9.jpg

Time has not been kind to Frank Zappa.

The game is SKALD: Against the Black Priory.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I don't think I've seen anyone post screenshots for an unreleased game in this thread. Very strange. But if you were really trying raise awareness, why didn't you say the name of the game in your post?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I don't think I've seen anyone post screenshots for an unreleased game in this thread. Very strange. But if you were really trying raise awareness, why didn't you say the name of the game in your post?
So you can be interested, ask about it, Google it, w/e. You are making me think more about it now, than it did when I decided to post it.
Here's another screenshot, from an already released game, to cleanse your palette.

3.jpg

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I need to get Tyranicon's Squid game. It too has horrendous rats that need slaying. Someday, there will be a rat slaying montage of rats in every game in a video. So many games... so many rats... so many graves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom