Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Clipboard02.jpg

Don't you hate that particular dream?

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Pushing the LOD to the absolute limit with thousands of trees getting rendered in the border region. Just for the cost of 1/5 of your performance. And ten thousands of CPU draw calls every frame!

Megaton view
EkPjha4.jpeg

cKl0rSb.jpeg

Arefu view
ftB7W39.jpeg

d1r

Patron
So the area is not that desolate. Walk a few miles and you reach forests.
It's not about having more content behind the border region, it's about fixing the huge immersion breaking completely barren wasteland in the distance, tbh.

mkultra

Augur
Pushing the LOD to the absolute limit with thousands of trees getting rendered in the border region. Just for the cost of 1/5 of your performance. And ten thousands of CPU draw calls every frame!

Megaton view

No issues with stuck 2D LOD's? Had a few people asking about that issue. not sure how to solve it, the LOD mechanics just seems to overall suck for NV and FO3.
Always happy to see my mods in use, and working :)

d1r

Patron

Megaton view

No issues with stuck 2D LOD's? Had a few people asking about that issue. not sure how to solve it, the LOD mechanics just seems to overall suck for NV and FO3.
Nay. Just don't create Tree LOD, and there won't be any bugged sprites. Also, you created the TTW Fuchs Run mod? Really?

mkultra

Augur

Megaton view

Nay. Just don't create Tree LOD, and there won't be any bugged sprites. Also, you created the TTW Fuchs Run mod? Really?
It's my tree models shown in the image indeed. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19864 which is my mod. The trees in "TTW Fuchs Run mod" does not have these trees, at least not in the images shown on its page, and it shouldn't have since i've not given that modder any rights to them, afaik.

Yeah i seem to remember something about using object LOD's, been ages since i made the mod now. Maybe i should point people to this mod then.. i guess it's not really a mod with models but something else perhaps. It was an .esm so i'm not sure what it contains or what it does.

d1r

Patron

Megaton view

It's my tree models shown in the image indeed. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19864 which is my mod. The trees in "TTW Fuchs Run mod" does not have these trees, at least not in the images shown on its page, and it shouldn't have since i've not given that modder any rights to them, afaik.

Yeah i seem to remember something about using object LOD's, been ages since i made the mod now. Maybe i should point people to this mod then.. i guess it's not really a mod with models but something else perhaps. It was an .esm so i'm not sure what it contains or what it does.
.esm is just a master file

And the Fuchs run mod adds vanilla trees (which you replaced with your Overhaul) to the border region of the game.

mkultra

Augur
.esm is just a master file

And the Fuchs run mod adds vanilla trees (which you replaced with your Overhaul) to the border region of the game.
I see, so it can use any trees named as vanilla, makes sense.

Yeah i know what an .esm is, but i couldn't be arsed to extract it, to see what it contained..

d1r

Patron
It's incredible how shit Anchorage is. Had some nice vista though.
gF9DYfp.jpeg

Fy8rpyW.jpeg

EllnAFY.jpeg

Spooky
vZ4QDEZ.jpeg

Infinite quests!
kpLoHPn.jpeg

Arefu
A3LXpup.jpeg

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Bethesda Softworks created a spoof of first-person shooters in Operation Anchorage, with linear level design and enemies that disappear upon death (no looting), but the predictable result is terrible gameplay, even relative to base Fallout 3. :M

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Bethesda Softworks created a spoof of first-person shooters in Operation Anchorage, with linear level design and enemies that disappear upon death (no looting), but the predictable result is terrible gameplay, even relative to base Fallout 3. :M
Bethesda and shooters...
Not the strongest combo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom