Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It's Fargo's "turn-based games are obsolete, action is the future of RPG": The Game.

Yeah, never forget:
SPOnG: You said in your presentation of Hunted: The Demon's Forge that the role playing game has evolved over the decades and changed in style. What do you think is the next step? Where would you like to see the dungeon crawler go?

Brian Fargo:
Maybe using a sword peripheral! (Laughs)

Matt Findley: Or four player co-op. (Laughs) To me, that's the next thing.

Brian Fargo: If I could swing a sword, and feel like I'm in contact with something, having a bow... I mean, to me that's the holy grail.

Matt Findley: The archery game on the Wii is really cool.

Brian Fargo: Yeah, something like that. If there was a physical experience in it for me - walking on the spot, moving my head around to see environments... yeah, that would be the ultimate.
Too bad it's last gen console jank with no rpg elements in sight. But that's Fargo for you.

It's refreshing to see a game with no nigs and sexy women though, even if they look ridiculous.

For under 2 bux it's fine

20240816100628_1.jpg

20240816120845_1.jpg

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
It's Fargo's "turn-based games are obsolete, action is the future of RPG": The Game.

Yeah, never forget:
SPOnG: You said in your presentation of Hunted: The Demon's Forge that the role playing game has evolved over the decades and changed in style. What do you think is the next step? Where would you like to see the dungeon crawler go?

Brian Fargo:
Maybe using a sword peripheral! (Laughs)

Matt Findley: Or four player co-op. (Laughs) To me, that's the next thing.

Brian Fargo: If I could swing a sword, and feel like I'm in contact with something, having a bow... I mean, to me that's the holy grail.

Matt Findley: The archery game on the Wii is really cool.

Brian Fargo: Yeah, something like that. If there was a physical experience in it for me - walking on the spot, moving my head around to see environments... yeah, that would be the ultimate.
Too bad it's last gen console jank with no rpg elements in sight. But that's Fargo for you.

It's refreshing to see a game with no nigs and sexy women though, even if they look ridiculous.

For under 2 bux it's fine

View attachment 53834

View attachment 53835

2000-2010s aesthetics when chicks were hot and had laughably bad "armor" lol. I used to chuckle whenever i saw somethings like this, but now i just miss it.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
There are two ways you can go with Lovecraft stuff.
You can do it like this.
WorshippersOfCthulhu.jpg
cf2WorshippersOfCthulhu.jpg

Or you can do it like this.
DepersonalizationRel.png
4f5DepersonalizationRel.png

1c6DepersonalizationRel.png

Worshippers of Cthulhu and Depersonalization, both are demos.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Worshippers of Cthulhu and Depersonalization, both are demos.
Didn't Depersonalization already launch? It looks great, is it any good?
It is indeed already launched, i just didn't try the full version yet.
Demo contains only one "module" which acts as a prologue.
98cDepersonalizationRel.png

880DepersonalizationRel.png
d07DepersonalizationRel.png

It's pretty neat. The most accurate description would be "chinese made a rpg with mechanics that are heavily inspired by Call of Cthulhu tabletop rpg, cute anime girls included."
A lot of dice-rolling to inspect stuff, finding clues and useful items. You can get some skill boosts by exploring the school library and if you snoop around enough you can find some special interactions like finding women-collectioner to whom you can sell a certain yellow emblem in exchange for money or another emblem that will protect you from death but turn you into a ghoul.
Combat is lethal AF and there is a lot of stuff you can do here like using your non-combat skills to inspire or taunt enemies, magic that costs sanity and weapon switching.
A lot of items are usable in and outside of combat like simple candles that can set your enemies on fire(burning increases it's stacks by one every turn, very strong). You can also pour the gazoline on your enemies to setup an explosion with those same matches/candles.
After completing a prologue you will end up in a hub area where you can select other modules to play(only prologue in the demo) and can create your own characters.

Only negative things i can say are a somewhat ugly UI that is clearly designed for mobile devices and a poor translation quality.
There was a pop-up that said something about AI but i couldn't understand it because it was in chinese, couldn't change the language before starting the game for some reason.

Arthandas

Prophet
poor translation quality
Apparently it'll get better:

"Regarding the translation quality issue raised by some investigators before,
we understand that for a story-driven game, translation quality directly affects immersion in the game.
Therefore, starting from July this year, we have hired a professional translation team to refine the game text translations.
Currently, "Moonshade Monolith" and "Far Hope Park" have been implemented. By the end of December, we will launch refined translations for "All-in-One and One-in-All" as well as "Lies and Fraud," gradually replacing our initial poor translations."

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I'm very interested in Depersonalization, but the thing holding me back is I'm unsure if Modules are completely self-contained. As in, does my progression end once a module ends, or does it carry forward to other modules? If modules are only like 5-10 hour affairs and progression doesn't carry forward, it probably won't be a game for me, which would be unfortunate because it looks kind of awesome.

Ezekiel

Arcane
This is dumb. What good are high heels in sand?
I've been getting the itch to fire up TotK but I already did all the shrines. I didn't do all the shrines in BotW, so I might give that a go sometime.
This is my second Breath playthrough, six years later.

I played almost nothing but Tears for four months, long hours every weekend. Never did a first Zelda playthrough with so much of what's available collected. Didn't find them all, though.

EdyNeQb.jpeg

Main quest was the worst I've played in this series. I mean, Breath may have been worse, but Tears FELT worse by virtue of being more of the same. You can't build good puzzle dungeons when the player can climb almost anything and has all the most important abilities from the start. Side content is sadly affected by that too (on top of the little stories being so simplistic because it's not worth their time making them better when the world is so big that most players won't find the quest, which aren't rewarded with heart pieces or items anymore anyway), but way easier to lose myself in than the typical AAA open world experience that makes everything linear, wants to present its story a certain way, obstructs me with realism and won't leave me alone.

Duplarius

Literate
This is dumb. What good are high heels in sand?
I've been getting the itch to fire up TotK but I already did all the shrines. I didn't do all the shrines in BotW, so I might give that a go sometime.
I played almost nothing but Tears for four months, long hours every weekend. Never did a first Zelda playthrough with so much of what's available collected. Didn't find them all, though.
I also got caught up in Tears for four months, from late December to mid April. A lot of that time was just leveling up my Zonai battery. Around 235 hours. BotW had better shrines as some of the shrines in TotK felt phoned in. Not all, but some.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom