Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
90% of the content in Bethesdas games is not "intended" but indeed, random.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Knights of Pen and Paper+1:

1bAT71p.jpg

:hmmm:

I have no idea of what I'm doing.

z2EJbQU.jpg

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Quite fun, especially in portuguese, as the devs are BR and the game is filled with BR RPG jokes:

Ir2x25u.jpg

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
More side-areas even though still very linear, and with better stealth sections than Metro 2033. Overall a definite improvement in terms of gameplay so far. Playing Ranger Mode master race. :smug:
As far as linear shooters go this and Metro 2033 are light years ahead of Bioshock Infinite everyone seems to love so much (not on the Codex, sure).

Assuming that pic is not photoshoped, how remote are the chances that this was intended humour from Bethesda?

Very remote. Lighting and bloom are fucked, and the player caught the NPC standing right next to the light source.

-

Fell in the elevator shaft, had to chase it to the next part of the level. Two minutes of holding W. Whoever put that "ladder" here has a twisted sense of humour.

nA7yFe.jpg

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I didn't find the game difficult, but for some reason I did find it difficult (successfully) setting up a new base after moving islands, while the enemies keep coming at the same rate they did with your fully developed first base.

DraQ

Arcane
If that was the case, the light would illuminate the area around him instead of just his face, no? And the default "plastic" visual effect of enchanted clothing does not give off that much light, either.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Light
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Apostle_Robes#Apostle_Robes

They don't look like that all the time, but pretty much any light source will stack this way with their own illumination.

And I suspect this is one of the cases of Bethesda making lulz on purpose - those guys are named "Apostles of Light" and one of them is named "Luminary Kaz".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom