Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Could not finish because of Jack that cannot push the wardobe faster and stronger in the motel room.
When I played it I used the unofficial patch and didn't have any major problems. IIRC you can also enable a "save anywhere" feature that can help in some otherwise frustrating parts of the game and basically removes most of the suck of the game. DCOTW was at times brilliant.

pic-TWOH_zps2c7f6116.jpg

Name? Looks like Ninja Gaiden for me but my knowledge of the slashers sux.
Will try the patch later:bro:

lightbane

Arcane
DCoTE stuff

Good game :love: Unfortunately, I was stuck at the final sequence (the rocks fall, you die if you don't run one) because I wasn't able to get poor Jack to run, the controls were quite shitty. In addition, I wasn't aware of the existence of that patch, it would have made things way easier and less frustating.:rage:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The only time I tried playing DcotE gave me motion sickness about 30 minutes in. Very few games do that, but Hexen 2 was one of them.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Derp Souls: Incline Edition

UNjG5YE.jpg

GUmtP7W.jpg

Dark Corners of the Earth. The shoggoth part still makes me shit my pants.
:love:

Unfortunately, when you play it for the third or so time, pretty much all of the otherwise complete batshit scares stop working, and you only find yourself startled when you realise there are three deep ones in front of you, and you've just run out of tommy gun ammo :(
Only the part with the Flying Polyps remains extremely unsettling for me.

Last edited:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
I love Dark Corners of The Earth. Yeah, it goes slightly down after the beginning, but it's still a nice athmospheric horror, way beyond any modern GOTY crap.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Just taking a break with some Smugglers V. Finally got a decent battleship as the only way you can get get them is by boarding them and capturing them.

CnmrXeZ.png

I also managed to accidentally reach the maximum rank in the game and stop levelling. Oops :D

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Unfortunately, I was stuck at the final sequence (the rocks fall, you die if you don't run one) because I wasn't able to get poor Jack to run, the controls were quite shitty.

Yeah, that one is massive condensed HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG because you don't even have a split second of spare time when running away, it has to be the perfectest of the perfect homeruns, and considering Jack's SUPER SLOW-ASS counterstrike hostage movement speed, it is not exactly the easiest thing to do.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Unfortunately, I was stuck at the final sequence (the rocks fall, you die if you don't run one) because I wasn't able to get poor Jack to run, the controls were quite shitty.

Yeah, that one is massive condensed HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG because you don't even have a split second of spare time when running away, it has to be the perfectest of the perfect homeruns, and considering Jack's SUPER SLOW-ASS counterstrike hostage movement speed, it is not exactly the easiest thing to do.

And everything gets better if you are using a shitty PC .:negative:

zwanzig_zwoelf

I fucking loved Call of Cthulhu.
While I can agree that the end is worse than the beginning, the overall feel of the game is great.
I wish I could hack the in-game files (there were some info back then) and mod the game, but alas.
Rest in peace, Headfirst.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member

Which also brings me to my next observation.

Each time I think about or play Dark Corners of the Earth, I get fits of absolute hate directed at fucking Bethesda. Not even Fallout 3 gets me as riled up as their complete retardation and incompetence when it came to publishing this game, and working with Headfirst in general.

Also,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headfirst_Productions

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Each time I think about or play Dark Corners of the Earth, I get fits of absolute hate directed at fucking Bethesda. Not even Fallout 3 gets me as riled up as their complete retardation and incompetence when it came to publishing this game, and working with Headfirst in general.

Also,

Yeah man, I know that feeling.
If it was up to me, I'd release the beta of Destiny's End, but I didn't work with Headfirst, and I doubt anyone from the team has it.
Apart from Woodroffe. That guy has gone through some hell.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Also,

Yeah... and there's also THIS.

:negative:

As far as I'm concerned only Shadow Of The Comet and DCoTE did justice to dear old Cthulhu.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
As far as I'm concerned only Shadow Of The Comet and DCoTE did justice to dear old Cthulhu.

Arguably, I would also mention Alone in the Dark 1 and Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened.

and obviously Prisoner of Ice

zwanzig_zwoelf

By the way, would that be alright if someone would do anything based on Cthulhu Mythos? As far as I know, the books should be in the public domain already, since poor Howard died in 1937 and 75 years have passed already.

Damn, I would pay all my money for an adventure or RPG based on Lovecraft's work and stylized as The Call of Cthulhu movie.

:yeah:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
By the way, would that be alright if someone would do anything based on Cthulhu Mythos?
Wut, there is a ton of stuff based on the mythos and directly using them. Like Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game with it's ton of material.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I love Dark Corners of The Earth. Yeah, it goes slightly down after the beginning, but it's still a nice athmospheric horror, way beyond any modern GOTY crap.
Is it worth playing onwards past the part when you wake up in the hotel and have to run away from angry citizens ?

Yes. There is one definite must-see sequence later on in the Innsmouth gold refinery, an entire level on a coast guard ship that is p. cool (sans horribru bugs), and the very last level itself is, I think, pretty much the 2nd best right after the starting Innsmouth adventures.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Just taking a break with some Smugglers V. Finally got a decent battleship as the only way you can get get them is by boarding them and capturing them.

CnmrXeZ.png

I also managed to accidentally reach the maximum rank in the game and stop levelling. Oops :D

Looks interesting. Worth the $ 5 from GOG?

Here's a demo from the developer's site so you can see for yourself :)

http://nbsd.fileburst.com/Smugglers5Demo.exe

Developer's site where that link can be found:

http://www.nielsbauergames.com/

I personally had a lot of fun being a fleet officer plundering pirate bases and fighting fleet battles in my battleship. One thing I'd like to see in the game is the ability to build your own fleet from scratch by having to capture ships. Right now, the fleet battles are kind of done when your faction is invading/defending against an invasion and then you select a mission that has you fighting a fleet.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
By the way, would that be alright if someone would do anything based on Cthulhu Mythos? As far as I know, the books should be in the public domain already, since poor Howard died in 1937 and 75 years have passed already.

EDIT: Looked it up on wiki, and found the following bits:

All copyrightable works published in the United States before 1923 are in the public domain

Works published or registered before 1978 currently have a maximum copyright duration of 95 years from the date of publication, if copyright was renewed during the 28th year following publication (such renewal was made automatic by the Copyright Renewal Act of 1992; prior to this the copyright would expire after 28 years if not renewed). The date of death of the author is not a factor in the copyright term of such works.

And there's quite a hefty section on it on Lovecraft's wiki page. In short, much of his work is already in the public domain, but there's a copyright/trademark on "The Call of Cthulhu", so that has to be circumvented. But beyond that, it seems to be smooth sailing.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

EDIT: Looked it up on wiki, and found the following bits:

All copyrightable works published in the United States before 1923 are in the public domain

Works published or registered before 1978 currently have a maximum copyright duration of 95 years from the date of publication, if copyright was renewed during the 28th year following publication (such renewal was made automatic by the Copyright Renewal Act of 1992; prior to this the copyright would expire after 28 years if not renewed). The date of death of the author is not a factor in the copyright term of such works.

And there's quite a hefty section on it on Lovecraft's wiki page. In short, much of his work is already in the public domain, but there's a copyright/trademark on "The Call of Cthulhu", so that has to be circumvented. But beyond that, it seems to be smooth sailing.
Guess I missed this part. Thanks, UC.

So, back to the topic:
enclave%202013-12-26%2010-03-12-56.png

Bitch with small tits tries to play smart.
enclave%202013-12-26%2010-03-35-29.png

Bitch with bigger tits tries to be polite.
enclave%202013-12-27%2014-57-10-30.png

Fucking A(pe).
enclave%202013-12-27%2014-59-19-30.png

enclave%202013-12-27%2016-05-25-13.png

Now things get hot.
enclave%202013-12-27%2016-14-08-38.png

Let's see what awaits us over th...
enclave%202013-12-27%2016-24-18-36.png

:rage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom