Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Psquit

Arcane
After reading all the :butthurt: of the RPG Codex Gift- and Begstravaganza Thread I decide to have some fun with GMOD.

tis is the result

jqoDKp9.jpg

hCeiph2.jpg

4LG1CpM.jpg

But with Such festival, bad things would follow. He was a drake from the north

qpMqqv8.jpg

:love:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Fuck you, the combat in DCotE was really enjoyable for me.
Let me remind you that you're not some sort of supersoldier from Call of Duty in this game, you're a fucking morphine addict with questionable sanity who somehow got the job of the detective.

I got that you are not supposed to be a fighter in Dark Corners. The developers apparently forgot that though, since the game pushes you in one action sequence after another in the second half. They even have a sequence where you sit in a driving vehicle and have to shoot enemies who came after you. Quite similar to some sequences in Call of Duty actually...
Oh well, let's stay with our current opinions.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
JarlFrank loves old school Tomb Raider as a :obviously: gentleman.

Aye! Crystal Dynamics TRs were okay, with Underworld being their best (and Anniversary of course but that's just because it's a remake of the excellent first game), and original series was great. Especially Last Revelation, fucking masterpiece.

The newshit reboot NuRaider is to Tomb Raider what Thi4f is to Thief, though. Fuck that shit.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What a coincidence, I just completed BG1 myself. (Not the enhanced edition though.)

It was a really great game, much better than I remembered it to be. Surprisingly enough, I enjoyed everything -- not just the combat, but also the quests and exploration. Pathfinding sucked hard, though, and made me rage a lot.

BG2 + ToB, here I come! Let's see how the second game compares.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
What a coincidence, I just completed BG1 myself. (Not the enhanced edition though.)

It was a really great game, much better than I remembered it to be. Surprisingly enough, I enjoyed everything -- not just the combat, but also the quests and exploration. Pathfinding sucked hard, though, and made me rage a lot.

What class is CHARNAME and which companions do you use?
Do you pick the strongest companions or the ones you like best?

Who do you romance?
:troll:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Been trying to get my party completed asap, getting Edwin is quite the trouble, can't kill the two Stone Golems that are in that mage dude's house, so I lured em outside and stealthed, killed the mage dude fine and all, but now the two golems are somewhere in the docks, waiting to ruin my day.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Damn it, I played only the knight campaign a little (where you start in prison), so I couldn't recognize other screens.
Shame on me.
Shame.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Second is strictly better, so much enjoyment is ahead for you :salute:

Are you playing with SCS?

garren

Arcane
Patron
Some old Shadow Warrior screens I took:

eWpYRvL.jpg

Splitto personality!

IjbViv7.jpg

Hory cow, Lookathat! It's Duke Nukem!

rmHkoNP.jpg

Toilet humor.

kjgXft5.jpg

Last boss on his knees. It almost looks like I'm holding his heart.

BONUS:

6GxqozQ.png

Nice foreshadowing (if you can call it that), by mentioning Jon Irenicus. I thought it was cool when I noticed that the first time.

gc54vrx.png

I can't remember the names of the difficulty mods I installed, but sometimes things got way too ridiculous. The only way I won that fight was by some serious cheesing (running away, sending only one person in with magic immunity scroll and waiting till their buffs ran out etc.)

05P95FF.png

Triple fireball to the face!

cyNd41u.png

You can't see it from this screenshot, but one of them actually survived.

Mk56zw6.png

Yay torment reference.

6wxw6pi.png

Viconia is not amused.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are you playing with SCS?

Nope, BGT + widescreen mod. Vanilla, basically. It's just been so long since I played BG that I wanted to experience it as a first-time player would. Which I actually did and am happy about - it's not often that you can forget the game to an extent that you can play it like it was the first time. I did remember IWD well enough, but not BG1/2.

I'll bother with mods and additional challenge and powergaming and stuff for my next playthrough.

What class is CHARNAME and which companions do you use?
Do you pick the strongest companions or the ones you like best?

Who do you romance?
:troll:

Cavalier. I think it's the first time I've played a Paladin in any (?) game actually - I usually like playing mages, clerics, or something exotic like bards/monks. I enjoyed it for BG1, but I'm not yet sure if I want to keep this class for BG2... I want to play a good aligned party though so maybe. Inquisitor also looks alright. Alternatively, the powergamer in me wants to play a Kensai dual-classed to Mage or Thief. I haven't decided yet.

(I do kinda want to play a Paladin for reasons of LARPing though. :oops: Call it the Christmas mood.)

I'd also love to play a Monk or a Bard someday, but definitely not this time.

Again, it's been so long since I played these games that I'm not powergaming but just going with the flow. I literally don't remember anything about the quests or NPCs except some major plot points that are just hard to forget. I don't even remember what NPCs there are in BG2 overall. :P So in BG1 I ended up with the most standard party possible: PC, Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, Dynaheir. I also had other NPCs join temporarily at some point. It was serviceable enough.

For BG2 I know I want a good/neutral party, a couple of mages/sorcerers (because the more mages the merrier), and a cleric. The rest is still up in the air, but since I have zero metagaming knowledge I'll just pick 'em up as they come and will of course end up with the most boring party imaginable again. I'm okay with that though. At the moment Age of Decadence is enough for my obsessive character building needs (and I'm enjoying it a whole lot, too).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Nope, BGT + widescreen mod. Vanilla, basically. It's just been so long since I played BG that I wanted to experience it as a first-time player would. Which I actually did and am happy about - it's not often that you can forget the game to an extent that you can play it like it was the first time. I did remember IWD well enough, but not BG1/2.

I'll bother with mods and additional challenge and powergaming and stuff for my next playthrough.

If it's been so long since you played it I'd recommend playing it mostly Vanilla as well. Perhaps I'd installed a few tweaks more, but eh.

This must makes one more addition to the crowd of few Codexers who like both the Gold Box games and the IE games.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
[
Cavalier. I think it's the first time I've played a Paladin in any (?) game actually - I usually like playing mages, clerics, or something exotic like bards/monks. I enjoyed it for BG1, but I'm not yet sure if I want to keep this class for BG2... I want to play a good aligned party though so maybe. Inquisitor also looks alright. Alternatively, the powergamer in me wants to play a Kensai dual-classed to Mage or Thief. I haven't decided yet.
Inquisitor is horribly op for BG2, makes some of the more difficult encounters a cakewalk. Paladins were pointless in BG and IWD so they buffed them for BG2 by making all their kits really good, though cavalier and undead hunter aren't imbalanced.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Alternatively, the powergamer in me wants to play a Kensai dual-classed to Mage or Thief.

Most boring character BG I ever played was a Kensai/Mage. Most of the game he's too weak, and then suddenly he becomes über powerful. Not my idea of fun, at least.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This must makes one more addition to the crowd of few Codexers who like both the Gold Box games and the IE games.

Wait, the number who like both are actually quite few? I like both of them. I recognize that the Gold Box games are horribly outdated from a UI and interface perspective, but they're still loads of fun to play.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Wait, the number who like both are actually quite few? I like both of them. I recognize that the Gold Box games are horribly outdated from a UI and interface perspective, but they're still loads of fun to play.

Seems like all the Best RPG-threads always evolve to are Gold Box crowd versus IE crowd and then the Fallout crowd who hates most games that aren't, well... Fallout.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom