Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
My name is Ivar of Serbia and I want to be a Basileus.
13.jpg

Will you accept my application into your prestigious company?

14.jpg

Thank you sir, I think we need a change in the company policy.

15.jpg

I will send several highly trained hired diplomats to Constantinople to convince you of this course of action, sir.

16.jpg

17.jpg

A wise move, sir.
But we're just a few steps further to a great change in management of this Empire.

18.jpg

I'm sure you have no issues, as per usual, my highly trained diplomats are on their way to discuss and iron out any issues you may have with this proposal.

19.jpg

Thank you sir, I'm sure you won't mind if I elect myself now.

20.jpg

I waited a few days, but nobody elected me, and I can't wait. What if I tell you to step down now sir?

21.jpg

22.jpg

Oh well, I tried to be reasonable.

23.jpg

24.jpg

Much doge.

25.jpg

Wonderful act of diplomacy engaged in Constantinople.

26.jpg

Thank you for seeing it my way, sir.

27.jpg

They said I'm Unready, but when I'm ready, I always take control of an Empire.

28.jpg

:smug:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Hmm...I see your point. I think I'd rather play with the blurry ones.
Looks like a classic case of modders overdoing it.
Believe me, I would play a total remake of Deus Ex with new graphics and some additions, but as far as industry goes, that's not going to happen.

It would get hit with broad market appeal. Like HR was. And to be honest I like HR, but the complexity of DE just wasn't there.
Theoretically, a good remake would be possible.
But that would require at least: more-than-just-competent independent studio and tons of money. But I doubt Sqeenix would just hand over the rights for a large sum of money and let the developer do whatever he wants with it.

spekkio

Arcane
BROS, some of you were talking bad things about the "new Tomb Raider game".
Decided to give it a go and it looks... majestic:

6LBkOlZ.jpg

FOVO4Dx.jpg

:troll:

Too bad that the "next-gen graphics" option seems borked.

Off:
TYkzSue.jpg

On:
IQkNYvD.jpg

Off:
npJkoSs.jpg

On:
jtGiZc3.jpg

Also: turning the "next-gen" off disables dynamic shadows AT ALL. Is that how it should work?

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I really want to play Deus Ex again, but I can't - I remember every detail. Also, Simons isn't that hard, he died after the second hit of the sword.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
John R. Blade is on a mission, but first he needs some money from his bank account.

tDd557b.jpg

:rage:

And he plays a variation of Donkey Kong with ugly mob mutants.

sxqh8qD.jpg

He doesn't know about feminism and is ready to do anything to succeed.

QmUyhLx.jpg

In his break time he wanted to play some FPS called Gloom, but some bastard didn't loaded mouse drivers.

suWXu15.jpg

Another mutant, another day...

R1czXkz.jpg

A little easter egg

Acsw32P.jpg

Mini mutants, so adorable.

3yrcNMp.jpg

[Free brofist if you know who is the man on this picture]

3aH9sLc.jpg

Elexis Sinclair is washing herself, very Very precisely.

8OJz94C.jpg

Meanwhile in Finland

OrYcx6L.jpg

Oh, Daddy O, come out and play...

aXv6HqA.jpg

6nOIdfh.jpg

:yeah:

That was one tough SOB.

SoupNazi

Too bad Entomorph has shitty combat, the setting and atmosphere are very cool here.
k9b9.png

:mhd:

Oh my god, dude. I have been looking for this game for about... 15 years? I only remembered a general atmosphere, a bit of the graphics, and the first level (or the level of the demo, not sure if it was the first level) which had you in that village (completely brown iirc) in nothing but huts fighting off zombies (or something). Thanks!!!

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It just happened again after I posted, except it embedded itself wrong and grayed itself out so I couldn't close it even after the 30 second timer was up.

5WwQU.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Tomb Raider - Legend(ary Boobs)

Great graphics for a 2006 game. Next-gen effects turned off.

Lpjh0Z8.jpg

rLgQgkn.jpg

hTwFG4a.jpg

tuTbydE.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
:salute:
Nice, if mostly gimmicky interactivity, locational damage and damage skins, some C&C, and overall a very successful attempt at something akin to plot driven, more serious DN3D.
Good FPS, shame about being ugly as...
sin :troll:
...even when it was new.

Even more shame about being an ass to run on modern machines :x - how did you manage to get it to run properly?
Wouldn't mind a replay, TBH.

DraQ

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice, if mostly gimmicky interactivity, locational damage and damage skins, some C&C, and overall a very successful attempt at something akin to plot driven, more serious DN3D.
Good FPS, shame about being ugly as...
sin :troll:
...even when it was new.

Even more shame about being an ass to run on modern machines :x - how did you manage to get it to run properly?
Wouldn't mind a replay, TBH.

Sin is one of my favourite SP shooters ever, sometimes even more than HL ;). Too bad that Episode 1 was so boring in the end, and Ritual hit the dust. I'll need to replay Heavy Metal Fakk 2 in near future. I just love the music made by Zak Belica for both of the games.

I just went with the description from this video on yt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1SWmmhM63g

http://www.4shared.com/zip/7V_ePPHV/SiN_1440x900_and_1280x800_wide.html
These are patches for widescreen version of the game, since they are locked on Q2 engine.

There was a separate thread in widescreen forum, but I couldn't download from there.
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=14618&start=10

Here is a big quote what exactly to do:

patch the game to 1.11 and use the .exe to play, select 1600x1200, OpenGL mode, fullscreen and it will use the widescreen resolution. In case the game crashes in OpenGL and you are using a NVIDIA graphics card download NVIDIAInspector, make/change profile for SiN, add the game's .exe file and enable the "Extension limit" option, it should fix the problem, (worked for me this way).

Link for patch 1.11

In my case I had to make everything to work, with Nvidia Inspector profile. After that it worked without any crashes, glitches, etc.
Optionally I recommend you a mod called Sin Resurrection. It sets the difficulty higher, fixes some bugs that were left even after the patches, and many more things. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, it was very refreshing for me.

DraQ

Arcane
Sin is one of my favourite SP shooters ever, sometimes even more than HL ;).

Nah, HL is still much better, despite SiN (ironically) vastly outpacing it in terms of both focus on story and all sorts of interactivity.

The key thing here is that base combat mechanics and kinesthetics of shooting stuff is far superior in HL (despite it not having cool stuff like looting locational armour off your enemies or shooting guns out of their hands), HL having variety of differently behaving opponents and superior graphics (despite lacking damage skins) doesn't help SiN either.

The main problem with SiN is that just shooting stuff doesn't really feel all that rewarding (both in terms of audiovisual impact and actual mechanics) in it, getting shot doesn't really have the kick either and it looks ass - if I had to describe SiN's visuals with one word, I'd use "blurry".

Still, it's definitely one of *THE* FPSes to be played through, and despite focus on story it features a lot of minor branching and C&C.
Gimmick interactivity, like being able to do command line stuff on in-game computers, is fun too, so are usable vehicles and combat gimmicks.

Edit:
One more thing - IIRC SiN was pretty good at not allowing player to make level his bitch, which is good.

patch the game to 1.11 and use the .exe to play, select 1600x1200, OpenGL mode, fullscreen and it will use the widescreen resolution. In case the game crashes in OpenGL and you are using a NVIDIA graphics card download NVIDIAInspector, make/change profile for SiN, add the game's .exe file and enable the "Extension limit" option, it should fix the problem, (worked for me this way).

Link for patch 1.11

In my case I had to make everything to work, with Nvidia Inspector profile. After that it worked without any crashes, glitches, etc.
Optionally I recommend you a mod called Sin Resurrection. It sets the difficulty higher, fixes some bugs that were left even after the patches, and many more things. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, it was very refreshing for me.
Many thanks.

Last edited:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
he is for me what lara is for you filthy breeders
"when lara made her first human kill in the tomb raider reboot, as ridiculous as it sounds, i really just wanted to jump into the game and hug away her anguish"

"lara's scream when she falls during the older games was perfect. it was comforting to know that in the face of imminent death, even someone as strong as lara could panic a bit."

"i like the younger lara as much as the others and i like the way she doesn't look the sex bomb she is in the other games because she's still a girl"

"i would purposely make lara jump onto midas hand just to watch her die."

lolbranch86jsw.jpg

i am aroused.

http://tombraiderconfessions.tumblr.com/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom