Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Tytus

Arcane
When I look at him I only think that he is a fat(er) version of James Vega from ME3. And his character is equally boring, so it might be true.

But Lara never kissed him, because he was a fattie. Even after he thinned up, she was too disgusted by his former flabby self. That drove him crazy, and he traveled to some tropical island to forget about her. It didn't really work, and he started killing people to release his frustrations. Then some meddling kids arrived.

vaas_and_his_true_love_by_tankprincess-d5qy7e7.jpg

Moral of the story is, don't let the pussy change who you are.

spekkio

Arcane
Deus Ex + New Vision Mod 1.5 (better environmental textures).

2 comparison old/new shots:

MF9Lfua.jpg

hmAQ1yA.jpg

JiwVVlN.jpg

oNLEPLq.jpg

More examples:

hDmnW8m.jpg

DzTTD9Q.jpg

cMhbcdo.jpg

gzVI8En.jpg

QGD7UX4.jpg

pxjEd3J.jpg

3xBj5GF.jpg

Same problem as always: not all textures were replaced, some of them look weird, 3d models still look like shit:

GZbDIzf.jpg

New Vision mod was supposed to fix the latter, but it's in the dev hell since 2005.

Tytus

Arcane
I don't get it why Sci-fi likes to torture Statue of Liberty so much.

Planets of the Apes, Deus Ex, Red Alert, Mass Effect 2, Cloverfield, Independce Day, A.I, etc.

zwanzig_zwoelf

So how do you find Endless Space ? Is it not too simple to be fun ?
Endless Space is alright. I'm still learning stuff (too lazy to browse guides), but it's pretty enjoyable so far (though I still get buttraped on normal difficulty due to the lack of experience and combat seems to be pretty plain simple, but watching those ships shooting at each other is kinda nice).

Tytus

Arcane
Endless Space is alright. I'm still learning stuff (too lazy to browse guides), but it's pretty enjoyable so far (though I still get buttraped on normal difficulty due to the lack of experience and combat seems to be pretty plain simple, but watching those ships shooting at each other is kinda nice).

You don't get annoyed by the fact that building lighter ships loses meaning very fast? The fleet stacks don't combine when you reach a stack limit, so if you build a smaller fleet of dreadnaughts you can actually destroy even 10 stacks of lighter ships because they every stack attacks individualy, though they should assrape your fleet with the sheer numbers alone. It's basically Haegemonia all over again - where everyone just build the heaviest ships only because lighter ones were a waste of time and money.

zwanzig_zwoelf

You don't get annoyed by the fact that building lighter ships loses meaning very fast? The fleet stacks don't combine when you reach a stack limit, so if you build a smaller fleet of dreadnaughts you can actually destroy even 10 stacks of lighter ships because they every stack attacks individualy, though they should assrape your fleet with the sheer numbers alone. It's basically Haegemonia all over again - where everyone just build the heaviest ships only because lighter ones were a waste of time and money.
Theoretically, light units can be used to quickly evaluate the enemy fleet. But as I said, I am still learning my way around the game, so asking me for advice or opinion is pretty much useless. Once I get a grip, my words will have value.

octavius

Arcane
Patron

Any mod that fixes those butt ugly character models? JC, Paul and others looked like freaks in the vanilla game, while the rest of the graphics looked good enough IMO.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Any mod that fixes those butt ugly character models? JC, Paul and others looked like freaks in the vanilla game, while the rest of the graphics looked good enough IMO.
:mob:

:hmmm:
There is HDTP mod with high-poly models of some characters, but it looks fucking awful compared to low-poly, beautiful characters.
Just take a look.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-hdtp

54027.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Hmm...I see your point. I think I'd rather play with the blurry ones.
Looks like a classic case of modders overdoing it.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Believe me, I would play a total remake of Deus Ex with new graphics and some additions, but as far as industry goes, that's not going to happen.

(Meanwhile in another universe)
The remake of Deus Ex, the greatest game of all times named Deus Ex: Reconspired is going to be released on Dec.25, 2014.
Deus Ex: Reconspired includes:
- Improved graphics and AI.
- New optional objectives and paths to make it even more interesting to the old fans.
- New optional difficulty modifications to drastically change the flow of the game.
- Cut missions are included and can be turned on and off during the start of the game.
- Optional modifications to the gameplay mechanics to return THAT feeling of 'gotta see how this works'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tytus

Arcane
Believe me, I would play a total remake of Deus Ex with new graphics and some additions, but as far as industry goes, that's not going to happen.

It would get hit with broad market appeal. Like HR was. And to be honest I like HR, but the complexity of DE just wasn't there.

Wasteland 2
I don't know, looks pretty tasteful to me, well above average modders work for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom