Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

zwanzig_zwoelf

Meanwhile in prosperland...
krnl386_004.png

krnl386_007.png

krnl386_010.png

krnl386_012.png

krnl386_013.png

krnl386_014.png

krnl386_017.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Nim

Augur
Nice to see that you are eviromentally conscious.
Yes, planet loves all those boreholes :D

Heh, I actually did the same thing the last time I played Gaians. Well, not quite on the level you used'em, but averaging just over one per city. Until late game eco-damage forced me to remove'em, that is.

Bit surprised to see you go with forests right off the bat, though. I generally wait until most cities have built the tree farm before going all out with'em. And don't boreholes require <1km height? Surprised to see them on the Sunny Mesa.
I generally beeline for gene splicing -> eco engineering -> tree farms, removing all the resource restrictions and allowing me to start countering ecodamage (once i've forced a fungal bloom). And yeah, using forests from the start stalls growth somewhat, at least for inland bases, coastal can just use kelp farms. But then you don't want big cities too fast anyway, at least on transcendent due to drones.
Boreholes require all adjacent land to be at least in the same height region (0-1km, 1-2 etc.). So the Sunny Mesa boreholes are around 1500-1600m high while all surrounding land is at least 1000m. Makes sense ?

Yang had only one base and voluntarily submitted, beat up Miri and then it was everyone against Sparta till I won in 2305.
wBrIBrh.jpg

I really don't get how people can complain about ACs graphic, looks mighty fine imo.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Misery 2.1 is a lot better than 2.0. I still think that wildlife making next to no noise is really irritating. Just died to a huge pack of dogs I didn't hear coming.

Did they sort out the gated content and economy issues ?.

Economy is fine and I'm already filthy rich. The mod still has issues but overall it is a lot better. You can actually kill stuff this time, even with bad weapons.

Ashery

Prophet
Nice to see that you are eviromentally conscious.
Yes, planet loves all those boreholes :D

Heh, I actually did the same thing the last time I played Gaians. Well, not quite on the level you used'em, but averaging just over one per city. Until late game eco-damage forced me to remove'em, that is.

Bit surprised to see you go with forests right off the bat, though. I generally wait until most cities have built the tree farm before going all out with'em. And don't boreholes require <1km height? Surprised to see them on the Sunny Mesa.
I generally beeline for gene splicing -> eco engineering -> tree farms, removing all the resource restrictions and allowing me to start countering ecodamage (once i've forced a fungal bloom). And yeah, using forests from the start stalls growth somewhat, at least for inland bases, coastal can just use kelp farms. But then you don't want big cities too fast anyway, at least on transcendent due to drones.
Boreholes require all adjacent land to be at least in the same height region (0-1km, 1-2 etc.). So the Sunny Mesa boreholes are around 1500-1600m high while all surrounding land is at least 1000m. Makes sense ?

Yang had only one base and voluntarily submitted, beat up Miri and then it was everyone against Sparta till I won in 2305.

I really don't get how people can complain about ACs graphic, looks mighty fine imo.

Ah, you don't use blind research.

Forests don't just stall growth early on, they completely eliminate it. You'd have a max pop of three after you build recycling tanks with forests prior to building tree farms, and that growth wouldn't exactly be quick.

Could've sworn boreholes required <1km height, but I guess I misremembered.

Interesting to see maglev spam. I always tried to keep single routes to prevent any enemy troops from having free motion through my territory.

Nim

Augur
Ah, you don't use blind research.
Blind research isn't truly blind, it still follows the same rules as normal research. Can still be manipulated enough so I don't see the point.
Forests don't just stall growth early on, they completely eliminate it. You'd have a max pop of three after you build recycling tanks with forests prior to building tree farms, and that growth wouldn't exactly be quick.
All true but coastal bases grow quickly enough and inland bases pre tree farms simply need a nutrient special or a condenser+farm or even fungus though it is slow growth.
Could've sworn boreholes required <1km height, but I guess I misremembered.

Interesting to see maglev spam. I always tried to keep single routes to prevent any enemy troops from having free motion through my territory.
I wouldn't do all this versus a human enemy but the AI is just beyond incompetent.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
UFO:ET Gold, terror mission. Lost all civies.
Found a rare alien detector in a UFO crash, life is now much easier.
that looks absolutely hideous. is it any good?
Gold version is just an official modded version:

+Destructible terrain.
+ Money management is better/tougher than Xcom.
+Dogfights in Geoscope.
+Lots of research, equipment.
+Lots of options to tweak the game to your liking.
+ You can choose which attributes to level up, more options to specialize your troops.

-Only 20 soldiers at one time limit!!!
-No random generated maps (but a lot of maps unlike UFO series).
-Most kills in tactical maps are in the open, so less blowing up buildings to kill aliens. Though I sometimes blow holes in walls.
-No HE-AC.

=Not on earth, feels different.
=Only 1 main base, other bases can only radar and launch interceptors(not really an issue).

Playing an ironman game.
Kinda like Xcom with less horror, weaker tacticalscape but better geoscape.
Originally in the game soldiers don't die nor are you allowed to recruit any. Gold version changes that but you are still limited to 20 soldiers at one time. Which is the thing I hate most about this as they take awhile to heal(you can sack the wounded but you lose the XP). Sometimes you just don't have enough manpower to assault ufos.

Last edited:

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
AoD, raiders fight with a dagger wielder.

screenshot_006_00068.jpg

screenshot_006_00069.jpg

Stats and inventory before the fight.

screenshot_006_00086.jpg
screenshot_006_00087.jpg

I stab the leader in the face twice to open the fight.

screenshot_006_00091.jpg

screenshot_006_00092.jpg

When they surround me I use whirlwind to spread the poison around.

screenshot_006_00093.jpg

screenshot_006_00095.jpg

Finishing the rest of the melee attackers is easy after that as they're all poisoned and dying, not to mention that you get counter-attacks galore with a jambia (dagger type which gives +25% to counterrattack) + high dodge char combination.

screenshot_006_00096.jpg

Dodging arrows time, they can nail you once or twice but usually (almost never in my experience) not enough to kill you if you have 20 or so health remaining after the first part (killing the leader and surrounding melee mooks), have high enough dodge skill and are wearing an armor with decent DR.

screenshot_006_00099.jpg

Once they run out of arrows they'll rush you in melee...

screenshot_006_00101.jpg

screenshot_006_00102.jpg

...which means they're fucked.

Indranys

Savant
Damn, that game is beautiful.
Indeed.
Can we hire new generic recruits like in FFT and TO games??
Man I hate to fight as the heroes and much prefer to build my own customized party.
This feature will be my main consideration to buy the game or not...
So please tell me bros.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom