Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
^
This. Oblibian / FO3 engine is one of the most ugly looking ever.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remaking games from 2d engine to 3d is a futile effort. It looks better than B2, but it lacks the speed, deadly enemies and overall it's more forgiving. Gamebryo by Bethesda version is not a good engine for fps overall.

Peter

Arcane
Not to mention not exactly tailor made for fast-paced FPS gameplay.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Well, congratulations for mod creators -I suppose - for making worse thing than Blood 2 because combat is the worst thing in this engine.
This convince me to finish original Blood (few levels remained).

spekkio

Arcane
Realms of the Haunting

UIJhZ29.png

pGtDbtU.png

XvgWCKS.png

KOCof32.png

A boomstick?

jBLYtaX.png

:thumbsup:

4pmEgo2.png

YIOz9ds.png

vCqNBQh.png

:bounce:

0LBGUfm.png

:decline:

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
^
This. Oblibian / FO3 engine is one of the most ugly looking ever.
Not really, Skrym is on the same engine and it looks pretty damn fine.

Oblivion also looked pretty good in most places.

Fallout3/NV are kind of ugly though.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Metal Faggot Rising: Animuvengance
3FD90F6842653810385AC71B5BBBA1147B1AB3A0

B365EA8C229206A6DBABBA963D3CACC443E64181

2A1B7847D3A0587B8356B2DDB0BB98715CA59451

26DDC6A1C13188C6FD5D5C673B483577EA0DC563

Ok now only Senator "Nanomachines son" Armstrong left

I just TPB demo'ed it and...and...it's...overthetopbadassandfun, and I want to buy the whole thing from Steam now. Plz stop me

VZlE9N.png

T1XxDK.png

On the second night, I decided to be cute and ventured into a corn field outside of the base, unlocked a new gun took too long to come back and night fell while I was short on ammo and defenseless in the dark. Death came shortly after.

After a while I decided to have a go at the original again, because it's the only good one, and it was about time I put my new PC to the test. Turns out it's just poorly optimized, because a 7870 (along with other new cards, it seems) still dips to around 30 FPS at times in a 6 year old game on maximum settings. There's some inherent limit on the game's engine in terms of resource usage, I guess. But at least it's both pretty and actually great.

I also tried some graphics mod that made me dip to around 15 FPS when looking at denser areas.

It's your system. Crysis is one of the best optimized games. I played the game on a beastly P4 machine and the lowest I ever had was 15 on medium to high settings. Then I played again with my last system (with a 7970) and 40-something was the absolute lowest a couple of times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom