Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
Realms of the Haunting

Ybu5LUQ.png

Guyse, how about a transcription? :(

vXwZc7b.png

:hearnoevil:

n2j7inJ.png

It's time to equip the ring.

oGVwnDE.png

^ Expecatations

4M8mi53.png

^ Reality

tQOEZMT.png

:butthurt:

D99rkRl.png

DU vs. CF

0xCZ506.png

A proof that Rebecca is only a voice in Adam's head.

iwgTVzc.png

FjnCjV3.png

No quest compass? :gumpyhead:

7NKiwRr.png

nCpdlVp.png

AIU48k0.png

6td1f3r.png

:love:

jOkQmtZ.png

:popamole:

ZewgAMK.png

:martini:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
After a frustrating time with Master of Magic, I went through some forums, including the GOG subforum for the game, some wikis to try and decide what builds are successful for people like me i.e. with no skill :P I ook 11 books in Death Magic, summond a Death Wraith ASAP and the screenshot is the result of one Death Wraith later...

p6tmI2p.png

Renegen

Arcane
It was months ago, but it's a hyper aggressive early strategy. Chaos is just a really powerful magic school I find, none of this bs where you buff your gold generation and population growth, you crank out Gnoll units extremely fast and buff them all a little bit and use offensive magic to win battles, the hellhounds are pretty good too.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
1JZjOZh.jpg

3m09YhO.jpg

:gumpyhead:

J3Yr08K.jpg

star trek

KrU4a48.jpg

SUPER PANDA MODE
Although he looks more Pacific Islander than East Asian. Can't get squinty eyes in this game...

72HkPyQ.jpg

oy2PE9j.jpg

tZ4dGGR.jpg

wKL9N1n.jpg

Suddenly, everything below the belt is significantly enhanced. Watching him glide through the air in this position must be for me what autorunning to objectives in Scarlet Blade is for heteros.

DraQ

Arcane
Ah, how the games of old pushed us to do crazy things to alleviate for our mistakes (which they allowed us to do back then). So many memories. Nowadays kids would probably turn the game off, delete their pirated copy, and rate it 0/10 on metacritic or something.
No better way to teach player not to swing their weapon around like a retard than not letting them get some tempting trinket as a result of destroyed scenery.
:love:

Zeriel

Arcane
Modern resolution + AA, prolly. Not that hard. I far prefer Hexen's style to Hexen II, though.

DraQ

Arcane

Those Hexen screenshots.. How did you make the game look that good?
Actually, save for AA and anisotropic (which can be forced from outside of game), it looks pretty vanilla, the only noticeable difference being glows around light sources, so I'm guessing it's just HoT with vanilla assets.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Those Hexen screenshots.. How did you make the game look that good?
Hexen II + Hammer of Thyrion.
I turned shadows off, however. They would add a lot to the game, but instead, they break it (enable them and see for yourself).

The vanilla game looks good as it is, especially with software render turned on, but I'm too lazy to mount CD image each time I want to play with music turned on.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
jBLYtaX.png

It's like I am looking at proto-Donte :D Kind of looks like him too!

He reminds me of Anakin Skywalker. Also it's a Duke Nukem quote ffs :outrage:

He is more like a flesh and blood Anakin, one capable of showing emotion. Also, Duke Nukem stole "Blow it out your ass" from They Live!

I'm really fond of Realms of the Haunting and I still play it ever three years or so. An adventure Doom 2 with some unique puzzles and a well defined story. It isn't constant fighting, as there are a lot of areas that are quite peaceful. Great for explorer-fags and adventure-fags alike. Also supports 648x480 resolution, which is a nice touch for a game that old.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Pvt. Gorski surveys the scene.

7DE2313185F7E793F0BA24E15C7B099A71B36468

Most of the fight was spent south of the helicopter inside a blanket of cover via smoke grenades. From there I just vanquished anything I sniffed out by blindly throwing nades over the smoke, or waiting for said smoke to dissipate and shooting everything in sight.

Dead guys in the middle of the street are from bad gunfights happening in smoke cover. One of the guys on the ground actually survived with two HP. That gave me chills because there were a few 'corpses' I ended up disintegrating with grenades...

All men and women on this mission were rookies from my 2nd base in Jamaica. People from the 2nd base are woefully undergunned, underarmored, and inexperienced - very little of which can be afforded to them cheaply or easily.

The very next mission they went after a large UFO that had been downed in the area. It was, ultimately, a terrible idea. Giant terminator robots wrecked havoc on them. One of my men thought a fallen tree was a good idea for cover. But, as it turns out, a giant alien plasma cannon doesn't care for human nature or Mother nature, because it vaporized that trooper into a pile of goop and turned the fallen tree, the corner of a barn, and a nearby stump to a bunch of embers...

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

Most of the fight was spent south of the helicopter inside a blanket of cover via smoke grenades. From there I just vanquished anything I sniffed out by blindly throwing nades over the smoke, or waiting for said smoke to dissipate and shooting everything in sight.

Dead guys in the middle of the street are from bad gunfights happening in smoke cover. One of the guys on the ground actually survived with two HP. That gave me chills because there were a few 'corpses' I ended up disintegrating with grenades...

All men and women on this mission were rookies from my 2nd base in Jamaica. People from the 2nd base are woefully undergunned, underarmored, and inexperienced - very little of which can be afforded to them cheaply or easily.

The very next mission they went after a large UFO that had been downed in the area. It was, ultimately, a terrible idea. Giant terminator robots wrecked havoc on them. One of my men thought a fallen tree was a good idea for cover. But, as it turns out, a giant alien plasma cannon doesn't care for human nature or Mother nature, because it vaporized that trooper into a pile of goop and turned the fallen tree, the corner of a barn, and a nearby stump to a bunch of embers...

What game is that?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What game is that?
Xenonauts, I think.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Age of Decadence:

screenshot_022_00090.jpg

screenshot_022_00092.jpg

screenshot_022_00094.jpg

screenshot_022_00102.jpg

screenshot_022_00103.jpg

screenshot_022_00106.jpg

screenshot_022_00109.jpg

screenshot_022_00112.jpg

Battle at Harran's pass.

screenshot_022_00124.jpg

Nice view.

screenshot_022_00125.jpg

screenshot_022_00136.jpg

:lol:
Equip the ring.

screenshot_022_00127.jpg

screenshot_022_00130.jpg
screenshot_022_00133.jpg

Even the mighty Demon fell before my :balance: spear. Seriously, spear is a great weapon choice for this fight, you can keep him at a distance with its passive ability (chance to interrupt the enemy advancing towards you with a spear jab, I think I had around 50% at my current spear skill level) and with a "balanced" weapon upgrade (requires high crafting skill) fast attacks with a dori (long spear which has a 15% to hit bonus) cost only 3 APs.

screenshot_022_00134.jpg

screenshot_023_00000.jpg

Stats and inventory after the Demon fight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom