Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
Tomb Raider - Underworld

The scenery is sure nice:

e7hnJvN.jpg

VTN7C1J.jpg

And Lara getting dirty should increase the immershun for some people.

trdIQp7.jpg

13103.jpg

Jumping is simple (so far), but fun:

P5qvUmO.jpg

x13I5nu.jpg

ZKDLX43.jpg

Unfortunately, there's one aspect of the game, which current devs simply cannot get right. Small, but significant one. The gameplay.

:roll:

Looks like good spot to camp the enemies:

Tdr0Kvd.jpg

Unfortunately, Lara can't climb it.

New feature - chimney jump:

jBMZlyJ.jpg

Unfortunately, movement and jumping while on ledges is once again 100% camera-oriented (as was in Legend), which is confusing as fuck and leads to deaths / loosing HP very often.
Sometimes the best way to perform a jump is to position the camera directly behind Lara's ass. You won't see anything (except DAT ass), but at least you'll reach the target. Most of the time.
Oh, and the camera is worse than in both Legend and Anniversary. I'm not sure how they were able to screw it up in the 3rd game in the series.

:greatjob:

Another "new" feature: adrenaline headshot. And I thought you can't make this mechanic worse than it was in Anniversary.

eZKW1c4.jpg

Yeah, yeah. Wait for slowmo, then carefully do... something. While being raped by all other enemies:

bgBM9l8.jpg

wDcORG4.jpg

Well, maybe in TB mode it would be easier...
Also: hex-editing 99 medkids should streamline this element.

But I guess all of this is irrelevant. After all:

a) boobs

s1qt1B1.jpg

b) nice graffix

87FdACy.jpg
85/100, send the money to my usual account, plox.

n51bbd2edd1705.png

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
2w66q8k.jpg

Your sickness has but one cure, and I shall deliver it!

2wq9vr8.jpg

Sup bro, long time no see.

Hope you are not still mad about stealing that crystal prism of yours :troll:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
factor_zpsf8dfae4a.jpg~original

Loving this fucking game.

The row of blue/grey machines at the top are taking copper bars from the conveyor belt (which were smelted and mined offscreen to the right) and converting them into copper wire. The blue arms are moving the bars into the machines from the near conveyor, while the red arms are moving the wire from the machines to the far conveyor. Then the next row of machines is taking copper wire from the conveyor directly above them, and iron plate (produced far north offscreen in a separate complex on the other side of my solar farm built along my power lines (the orange lines everywhere are power lines, I'm using shit low tech ones so the range is short and I have to spam them) from the conveyor above the one with the wire on it. The iron is actually being moved from a pair of chests onto the conveyor, I just ferry over stacks of a couple thousand iron every hour or so to refill the boxes. The machines use the copper wire and iron plates to produce the circuit boards being placed onto the bottom conveyor belt. In the bottom right is a block of laser turrets encased in a double thick wall made from stone bricks mined and fabricated in a third location. The turrets themselves require an assortment of mid level components to build and drain a ton of power, necessitating a large bank of capacitors, which I built near my steam turbines, coal mining facility, water pumps and boilers. The items equipped in my UI on the bottom right from left to right; top to bottom, are a steel pickaxe (pretty much never used, except for harvesting wood occasionally for making power poles or shitty chests, though wood can be used in place of coal as fuel and you can mine any of this shit by hand at a painfully slow rate) an assault rifle, a rocket launcher, a flamethrower, a suit of steel body armor, 10 clips of armor piercing ammo, 85 rockets, and 7 cans of flamethrower ammo.

LOVING this fucking game. :bounce:

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
looks interesting but sound boring. Whats the catch?

The game is really good, just try the demo http://www.factorio.com/
I played it some time ago, and it was already a lot of fun. A lot os stuff has been added since then. Also, the presentation, and sprites and stuff have a nice 90ies vibe.

It should have much more attention than it has now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom