Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
DR said:
rolw3_zps839bbbf3.jpg
Tags: Dreamcast.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Record of Lodoss War for the Dreamcast. Finally got it working, took a stupid amount of fucking around though.
Hey, I remember watching an anime with the same name, it was surprisingly lacking in the usual japanese derp.This game has anything to do with it?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It's in the same setting but has little direct connection to the anime. A bunch of the characters are the same but it's not exactly a story driven game.

It's awesome though. The game is huge (this is a fraction of the overworld map):
rolw8_zpsac776e8d.jpg~original

and open (One of these worms one shot me, this is literally like 1 minute away from where the tutorial ends):

rolw9_zps4e1439ef.jpg~original

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
It's in the same setting but has little direct connection to the anime. A bunch of the characters are the same but it's not exactly a story driven game.

It's awesome though.

What's the gameplay like ? Straight Diablo clone or more than that ?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
As far as combat goes, pretty much. There are spells, but they're awful unless you REALLY focus on magic, and then they're still just mediocre. What makes the game interesting is the item progression and the open world. You improve your equipment by inscribing it with runes (like say, damage +1), which cost currency, and get more expensive the more times you inscribe them. There are also runes to inscribe that overwrite eachother and cost nothing, like exchanging all your mana for extra hp, or autoslaying lizardmen. Finally, you can find new pieces of equipment. Accessories you just equip, but in the case of weapon/armor/shield/helm, you can transform your gear into any example you've found. Since the improvements are proportional to the base item, it makes finding items interesting in multiple ways. You might find a bigass club to replace your sword, which might be way better if you focused on impact, or underwhelming if you focused on crit. And enemies are quite varied despite having simplistic AI, because of all the stats in the game. You can encounter a golem you can't hurt at all because it's too resistant to crits and your base damage is too low, or a horde of ogres that can't hurt you, but chain stun you to the point you can't ever get back up. Of course that depends on your build too, which in turn depends on where you explored, since you have to find the various runes and items all over, and only like 10% of the game is mandatory.

spekkio

Arcane
Random oldshit bullshit. :oops:

1) Tomb Raider 1 is best played on PSX emulator, fuck the DOS version.

a) to run the PC version with best graphics, you'll need special build of DosBox (Daum's or Gulikoza's) + VooDoo Rush patch + Nglide. The game will look like this:

YgOngIH.jpg

Of course, you can always go software, but... :roll:
PC version uses less audio tracks than PSX version, you can fix that with a special patch, but what's the point, when:

b) to run PSX version, you'll need any PSX emu, epsxe will do. You can enhance your display with any hardware plugin, for example Pete's OpenGl plugin:

s2UflRL.jpg

The game looks more or less the same as DOS version + Glide and shares it's graphical problems (weird texture "movement" and popping, probably due to filtering being forced and not implemented from the beginning during development).

2) Tomb Raider 2 and 3 PC don't work on newer Geforce drivers (at least on WinXP 32 bit). You have to downgrade to 285.58 drivers. More info here and here, but I tested these drivers and they indeed work (vanilla exe files):

P2abJUV.jpg

FVzAXlA.jpg

C8TkAmi.jpg

GtmUIAT.jpg

Switching to newer drivers (tested 301.42 and 332.21) breaks both games, using Multi Patch no longer helps. GoG version is affected as well, hence some people think that Multi Patch was removed from GoG version. It wasn't, Nvidia's drivers are to blame this time.
When using Hardware mode, you'll encounter heavy flickering, geometry problems and missing textures (both games processed with Multi Patch):

Za83QgS.jpg

cAFnwG5.jpg

ElN2cYI.jpg

Tomb2 works in software mode, but without filtering:

C2oKNf0.jpg

Tomb3 works in software mode with filtering (MMX):

7iX2zED.jpg

JudasIscariot

:rpgcodex:

3) Warcraft 3 still doesn't support proper Widescreen, due to Blizzard not giving a fuck:

a) 1280x960

r2ThS8p.jpg

IT1yUUY.jpg

:thumbsup:

b) 1680x1050

a6Vl6DT.jpg

uul5sgH.jpg

:keepmyjewgold:

@BobbyKotick

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
Hey, I remember watching an anime with the same name, it was surprisingly lacking in the usual japanese derp.

That's one reason it's the best anime anything ever. The Dreamcast game is p. good, but no one has yet nailed a game worthy of the source material.

yellowcake

Arcane
Random oldshit bullshit. :oops:

1) Tomb Raider 1 is best played on PSX emulator, fuck the DOS version.

a) to run the PC version with best graphics, you'll need special build of DosBox (Daum's or Gulikoza's) + VooDoo Rush patch + Nglide. The game will look like this:

YgOngIH.jpg

Of course, you can always go software, but... :roll:
PC version uses less audio tracks than PSX version, you can fix that with a special patch, but what's the point, when:

b) to run PSX version, you'll need any PSX emu, epsxe will do. You can enhance your display with any hardware plugin, for example Pete's OpenGl plugin:

s2UflRL.jpg

The game looks more or less the same as DOS version + Glide and shares it's graphical problems (weird texture "movement" and popping, probably due to filtering being forced and not implemented from the beginning during development).

2) Tomb Raider 2 and 3 PC don't work on newer Geforce drivers (at least on WinXP 32 bit). You have to downgrade to 285.58 drivers. More info here and here, but I tested these drivers and they indeed work (vanilla exe files):

P2abJUV.jpg

FVzAXlA.jpg

C8TkAmi.jpg

GtmUIAT.jpg

Switching to newer drivers (tested 301.42 and 332.21) brakes both games, using Multi Patch no longer helps. GoG version is affected as well, hence some people think that Multi Patch was removed from GoG version. It wasn't, Nvidia's drivers are to blame this time.
When using Hardware mode, you'll encounter heavy flickering, geometry problems and missing textures (both games processed with Multi Patch):

Za83QgS.jpg

cAFnwG5.jpg

ElN2cYI.jpg

Tomb2 works in software mode, but without filtering:

C2oKNf0.jpg

Tomb3 works in software mode with filtering (MMX):

7iX2zED.jpg

JudasIscariot

3) Warcraft 3 still doesn't support proper Widescreen, due to Blizzard not giving a fuck:

a) 1280x960

r2ThS8p.jpg

IT1yUUY.jpg

:thumbsup:

b) 1680x1050

a6Vl6DT.jpg

uul5sgH.jpg

:keepmyjewgold:

@BobbyKotick

Why don't you try the TR on your VooDoo box? I played the DOS version a bit on mine (Pentium 200 MMX + VooDoo 2) and it ran fine. I didn't know about the sound channels stuff. Can you elaborate?

spekkio

Arcane
Why don't you try the TR on your VooDoo box? I played the DOS version a bit on mine (Pentium 200 MMX + VooDoo 2) and it ran fine.
It should work fine. But it works good even on my current rig (DosBox + nGlide).

I didn't know about the sound channels stuff. Can you elaborate?
PC version has only 9 audio tracks, PSX version - 57 (only some of them are music, of course).
That's why some people created a "patch" to put PSX music into PC game. Moar here and here.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aye, there was no widescreen resolution so I set a lower resolution and played it. The UI is always static and clear, static screenshots give the impression that you are talking about. Thankfully in Chaos Theory everything was polished to the max.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
B&W2 was so much better than the shit pile of a game that is Godus...
I've played only B&W 1 and skipped 2 since I heard it's worse.

How would you compare those two? Is B&W2 better than 1?

Depends on what part you enjoyed in BW1. If you loved the way you developed your creature then you may be disappointed with the sequel. Otherwise you should probably try it, it's still pretty unique and looks gorous almost ten years on. The city building aspects are greatly expanded too. Expansion added enemy gods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom