Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

mck

Cipher
weamdreb_zps34938619.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is the Driftmoon good? I saw that they're already unlocked it on Steam (didn't saw it in my last visit on Steam). Any challenge here? Or just adventure game with light RPG elements?

sup, Konjo

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is the Driftmoon good? I saw that they're already unlocked it on Steam (didn't saw it in my last visit on Steam). Any challenge here? Or just adventure game with light RPG elements?

sup, Konjo
Not much challenge, puzzles are easy and combat is even easier (you can run away, heal, come back to injured enemies), but it's a nice little game. Feels like a kid's Ultima in a way, but isn't open world, unfortunately. Locations open as the story progresses. I'd say it's worth getting on a sale, as it is a nice little game. I'd rate it a bit below Eschalon: Book I/II.

Which reminds me I've never finished any Eschalon yet, dammit. I should get back to it soon, especially because the third one is about to be released!

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Time to visit an old friend.

z0y3cU3.png

6LbTCdp.png

8W2KKDy.png

4Ragojt.png

7FefS7a.png

Heaten souls burn best!
3mBstxi.png

Soul train?
V7PdBbh.jpg

Edit: This game was beyond ahead of its time, I really miss Shiny. Noone's doing such games nowadays...

zwanzig_zwoelf

Sacrifice is awesome.
:love:

Pity that Shiny went down the shitter with Enter the Matrix (though I kinda enjoyed some moments when I treated it like a really bad game).

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I can't take action shots for shit and I always forget to take screens once I've cleared middle and later areas, maybe I'll just use cheats to get some nice screens next time.
Map name: Conference of the Shamblers
v03bQhF.jpg

mgN7sxE.jpg

7ebm6C0.jpg

Xl3cafZ.jpg

ZJFxcjn.jpg

lv9gqLH.jpg

bkfKEMi.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin
I can't take action shots for shit and I always forget to take screens once I've cleared middle and later areas, maybe I'll just use cheats to get some nice screens next time.
Map name: Conference of the Shamblers
v03bQhF.jpg

7ebm6C0.jpg

Wow, that sure is beautiful...

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
God that looks like ass. What's up with all the beige shit?

Except for the portraits which look cool.

Give it a try before your criticize it. I really enjoyed trekking through the dungeons and thought the limited colors actually worked aesthetically in its favor, though it might not seem so from a still screenshot.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Give it a try before your criticize it. I really enjoyed trekking through the dungeons and thought the limited colors actually worked aesthetically in its favor, though it might not seem so from a still screenshot.
So how did you like the music in the game? This is one thing that almost made me puke after an hour of playing (so I had to turn the music off and put something else in external player).

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

I saw some screenshots on steam that are black and white, those were definitely much more pleasing.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

So how did you like the music in the game? This is one thing that almost made me puke after an hour of playing (so I had to turn the music off and put something else in external player).

The music in the beginning was fine since I felt they were trying to copy the MIDI sounds of some of the older games, but I turned it off often since I would play it next to my brother when he was watching TV. I liked it more in the earlier stages of the Catacombs as it had more of an electronica beat that I felt was more modern.

I'm playing games from the 80s and early 90s right now, so the music seems on par and doesn't really bother me much. I'm not sure if they were on a low budget or trying to emulate the sound of earlier games. Probably the low budget thing had the greatest impact on sound quality, though... :)

zwanzig_zwoelf

The music in the beginning was fine since I felt they were trying to copy the MIDI sounds of some of the older games, but I turned it off often since I would play it next to my brother when he was watching TV. I liked it more in the earlier stages of the Catacombs as it had more of an electronica beat that I felt was more modern.

I'm playing games from the 80s and early 90s right now, so the music seems on par and doesn't really bother me much. I'm not sure if they were on a low budget or trying to emulate the sound of earlier games. Probably the low budget thing had the greatest impact on sound quality, though... :)
Well, I dunno about their intentions, but still, compare this bit of music:

With this:

zwanzig_zwoelf

What do you mean by 'these games'?

This is the Summoner:
Sum%202014-02-12%2009-27-00-32.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom