Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

theweirdn8

Educated
You'll get it in march.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Then I'll wait until March and then start bitching about your game.

Shipping-ThiefGame%202014-02-25%2021-20-29-19.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
ZiZi, wath r u doin.
Git back 2 the Summoner 2, leave that emo parkour simulator and play a real game.
Don't do it for me, just save ur sanity.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Derping around in Dominions 4

AA04F0A9FDD444451B0065A08094990B2FE0536D

A8ABFA9EB0A10709206700473F2B84BCE97D1E35

D1DEAE577A34C8B3697E9C298DFE319085EA90D9

Best 9 dollars I've ever spent

Last edited:

Ashery

Prophet
Finally finished with my small mountainous map on a hard/harsh setting in Banished.

aePPMi2.png

Overview of my first settlement along with supporting forestry and industrial nodes. Was pretty much forced to build a bridge as my first building in order to settle here as my actual starting location had very limited surface stone and the flat land that was available there was prime farming ground.

7z0olXg.png

Second settlement and the central hub to the overall town. More pastures, farms, and a graveyard are just out of the bottom of the screenshot.

9BO0ZDm.png

Bird's eye view of my third and largest settlement. It would've been a solid spot to settle initially, save for the fact that it required a tunnel to get to effectively and those take a prohibitively large amount of stone early on. Another forestry node down and to the left and industry up and to the right. The very edge of the central node is up and to the left.

WZ5gIEb.png

Bird's eye view of my first two settlements. The fishing has gotten to the point where it's making up over half my food in storage, but there's not much of an option as I don't have the room for more farms.

And now, the general stats:

QaWYUeA.png

vz6sbK9.png

No, it's not typical to have 80 laborers. Having built up practically every square inch of the map that I can, my builders and stonecutters have nothing left to do. Throw in the tail end of the massive population boom that came with the third settlement, and, yea, I've got a bunch of labor and nothing to do with it. I've already doubled up labor on a number of far flung farms but I could easily double everything across the farming board and still have wasted labor.

Only really had one tense moment the entire game, which was that point on the food chart around a decade back where my aggressive expansion resulted in my farmers getting delayed with the start of the planting season, with the obvious result of a poor harvest. Normally not a worrisome event, but my population had been booming for a couple years and the northern farms weren't built yet, so I was definitely looking at a potential famine. Fortunately I had a large buffer of food production with my fisheries (Max of four fishermen but I manned them with only one each during normal circumstances) set aside for just such an occasion, so by drawing my stonecutters out of the quarry and putting'em all on fishing duty, I was able to avoid any casualties. Once my northern farms got up and running, food became a non-issue as they were designed to produce enough food for the completed town, and I was still over a hundred pop short of that mark by that point.

An enjoyable game overall and a refreshing change of pace when it comes to city builders in general. Most of the actual challenge comes from a player pushing expansion as quickly as possible and being ready to deal with any potential disasters, either player made or otherwise. If you were to just sit on your ass for a decade and build up a massive stockpile of food, the game'll appear to be boring as hell, but that's like playing DF, blocking your starting seven off from the outside world, and then bitching about the game not being difficult.

spekkio

Arcane
Decided to non-remove and test Desu Ex - Human Derpolution - Jewish Cut.
It's either me / my rig, or something went wrong here. Textures (esp. displays) look fucked-up (low res) when compared with vanilla (AFAIR). Judge for yourself:

5wLlbi8.jpg

zGrO9mu.jpg

cv8esVT.jpg

anMJUZu.jpg

T6W5zL1.jpg

Performance took a nosedive as well. Chosen rather low settings (low AA, etc) and the game crawls @ ~30 FPS, while in vanilla I was getting 60 FPS with only VERY occasional slowdowns.
What the fuck, Enix? Don't tell me that the "normal" quality is now only available on DX11 (I'm still on WinXP)...

*Fake edit:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140389
http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939351162285358/

:lol:

Keep your old warez versions, people - the vanilla is no longer available on Steam.

:hero:

And the devs / publishers want me to actually pay for their shit? How about: the version I want to buy (not some borked one, chosen by some clueless fag) and with all the problems fixed (available ~2016?). Or even better - how about, no?

:dance:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It might also be that previously the bad textures were hidden by the piss filter.

spekkio

Arcane
The truth is even more fun. It looks that the devs (different than the ones responsible for vanilla) based DC version on some earlier build of the game, lacking all the fixes added in later patches. Oh, Enix. :lol:

Are the boss battles changed in any way?
According to the PR guys, they were modified to "enhance the experience" and "fix the problems some players reported". Of course, gamers are an ungrateful bunch:

some fag @ metacritic said:
Aside from a commentary track, there is little added, except a computer and turrets in each boss room (oh gosh guys, HUGE changes for the better! /sarcasm).
Fuck that loser. :roll:

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Yeah i never got the Director's Cut. A Wii port? No thanks. I've still got the original and Missing Link on my Steam account.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Decided to non-remove and test Desu Ex - Human Derpolution - Jewish Cut.
It's either me / my rig, or something went wrong here. Textures (esp. displays) look fucked-up (low res) when compared with vanilla (AFAIR).

Performance took a nosedive as well. Chosen rather low settings (low AA, etc) and the game crawls @ ~30 FPS, while in vanilla I was getting 60 FPS with only VERY occasional slowdowns.
What the fuck, Enix? Don't tell me that the "normal" quality is now only available on DX11 (I'm still on WinXP)...

*Fake edit:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140389
http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939351162285358/

:lol:

Keep your old warez versions, people - the vanilla is no longer available on Steam.

:hero:

And the devs / publishers want me to actually pay for their shit? How about: the version I want to buy (not some borked one, chosen by some clueless fag) and with all the problems fixed (available ~2016?). Or even better - how about, no?

:dance:

This looks really ugly. I can tell because I replay myself original version with standalone DLC. The monitor panels looks like something from PS2 era :lol:. No framerate issues and everything is stable and crispy. Playing on "Give me Deus Ex" with a mix of ghosting/sneaking and ocassionaly Rambo mode.

73mmsHp.jpg

yEzzuZq.jpg

Terminator1.jpg

Renegen

Arcane
How is Strider 2014, just a sidescroller or something more?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom