Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet

One thing I like about Ukrainian and Ruski developers is that instead of making "american games" they're not afraid to create settings that have their own, local flavour. I wish potato devs had the balls to do this kind of stuff instead of licking ass of their american overlords.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is there an english language version of Collapse and how would one buy it? I can't see evidence of either after searching.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
C06CA3462253DB18BC372E96DF9456E410344DD4

zwanzig_zwoelf

Is there an english language version of Collapse and how would one buy it? I can't see evidence of either after searching.
I think it was released in English, but unfortunately I have no idea of where you can get it legally.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Huh..another indecisive conclusion.

00.jpg

:troll: Better than Fallout 3.
01.jpg

...Oh well.

02.jpg

Damn midget.

03.jpg

Like what?

04.jpg

What did you do to me?

05.jpg

???

06.jpg

Cryptic. According to midget, I'm supposed to have a crush on this redhead.

07.jpg

...Not sure who you're talking about here....

08.jpg

I'm trying to change, asshole. No more rapes.

09.jpg

10.jpg

hiver mode: on

12.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Princess is saved. White knight hands over the bento...

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

...ugh.

19.jpg

...I didn't get a good ending?

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

sochibear9.png
But are you the Alpha of the pack?

How's that for an ending, teach?
25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Not bad...will try again tonight.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I'll start to brofist every post in this thread where the name of the game was written. 358 pages and more than half of the posts are still "hey, look at those nice screenshots! Wanna know what game is it? Well fuck you". :x

It's part of the appeal to scramble and look for info on good-looking unknown games.

Need a quest compass, you faggot? Maybe you should go play thiaf? Sounds like you're just the right target audience!

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
"Special Edition"
I liked how it allowed to play the original game but also to switch between special edition graphics on the spot. New location art wasn't too bad but the character art sucked. That reminds me of my problem with animu style stuff, the environments usually aren't too bad but it just looks retarded when you apply same technique to your characters.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Oddworld: Lemmings edition

nOzKJQ.jpg

The Vykker's lab has top security!

Your key inside, however, is...

t7MOj1.jpg

Lulu. The worst Glukkon on the face of this planet.

Gotta make him

Fr0KZe.jpg

Rise to fame

YKAeyU.jpg

and wealth

EeQhE3.jpg

And eventually to Glukstar status!

nWqMHa.jpg

dbdUUr.jpg

:what:

vAI1QI.jpg

Herdin' meeps

This suddenly feels way too much like that one game called Sheep

ePyJYw.jpg

half an hour of frantic wheelchairin' later

W6Z0XU.jpg

SUP BRO, I HEAR YOU WANNA DONATE TO THE LULU FUND!

wS2ESr.jpg

:troll:

4dGRUT.jpg

:troll:

This game is actually pretty fun. Although it really is a terribru, TERRIBRU decline from Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus, even though I like some of its new mechanics.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
He had the mask of Clavicus Vile on him.
itM6jjJZ2Vl4a.jpg
Hi there.

vi8PLaE.jpg

The Imperial Legion just doesn't suit me at all:

7lXLveq.png

Arriving at the Ahemmusa Camp:

J0MNnhZ.jpg

A couple of creatures from the Creatures mod by Piratelord:

zQn0rRb.jpg

This little thing is called kriin and I like it a lot, even though this particular specimen was a bit shy and wouldn't pose for the camera. It looks morrowindy and fits in well with nix-hounds, guars and mudcrabs. It's also non-hostile, which is a plus.

KhSrSuy.png

Awww, it's a baby guar, and isn't it cute? You'd just want to cuddle it on your lap. And then kill it and enchant your pants with its soul.

J1PIu5b.jpg

A parastylus, a bigger and meaner cousin of the scrib. It's one of the better additions of the mod and fits the game world just fine.

kgsc7NJ.png

The slaughtershark looks mean, but it isn't that different from a normal slaughterfish. It's also annoying as fuck, as expected.

GLu8nFF.png

Daedric bat. This is one of the (unfortunately quite many) examples where the new creature stands out like a sore thumb from the rest of the game world. Nothing in vanilla uses as strong, contrasted colours as you can see here. Those eyes can literally be seen from a mile away. But surely it's nice to have more flying things in Morrowind since everyone loves those, right?

spGFIMr.jpg

Dreugh crab. It isn't too bad, but the bright red colour gives it away instantly, revealing that it's from a mod.

fOfKlEA.jpg

Clinker. Essentially mudcrab^2. Very nice.

18yJDoA.jpg

what is this i don't even... This is a Horror and the name fits. It's fucking ugly, to state the obvious. Probably not even the worst creature in the mod, but Jesus Christ, those colours...

DraQ

Arcane
Life-bearing planets with dense atmospheres that also have moons are rare in Pioneer and when they do it's usually multiple smaller moons orbiting relatively close.
They do get some nice eclipses, though.
qqpo2s.jpg

2quj1xk.jpg

2lj0sgh.jpg

29d8wtu.jpg

2qwd9bo.jpg

2j65vr7.jpg

Edit:
Pioneer can even have stars eclipsing one another:
1sfo7k.jpg

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Titan, moon of Saturn:
5xjr4i.jpg

Io, moon of Jupiter:
2rddv2g.jpg

Binaries are fun:
154ydc7.jpg

Oceans and lava:
2lcr38h.jpg

Realistically most stars are reddish and dim M and K spectral classes (universe's way of telling you that it hates you and wants you to be depressed):
35hn60o.jpg

And even redder and dimmer brown dwarves:
2a7tlb4.jpg

so sights like this are rare:
20u7hup.jpg

24l1no5.jpg

And this kind of sunset even rarer:
mwb1hg.jpg

I have so far encountered a number of planets and starports named "Gay" - unexpectedly, this isn't one of them:
2cnxp2p.jpg

2afwxer.jpg

Neither is this one:
veumqb.jpg

Ever popular among blockbuster film directors, multiple systems with spread apart different class stars allow them to skimp on their dramatic lighting budget:
1zwhpag.jpg

14tphs0.jpg

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
I'm fappin' to these Pioneer screenshots. Does it have any gameplay yet? Combat? Missions? Piracy? Or is it just a space hiking simulator.

DraQ

Arcane
I'm fappin' to these Pioneer screenshots. Does it have any gameplay yet? Combat? Missions? Piracy? Or is it just a space hiking simulator.
Some combat is in - higher risk missions can have you ambushed after hyperspace and there are also assassination missions. I didn't try piracy, but it should work too. It would be cool if game offered some combat situations near interesting bodies instead of empty space.

Combat itself is pretty barebones so far - damage model doesn't touch subsystems yet and weapons are ye olde colorful "energy bolt" projectiles of varying power. Projectiles are more fun than hitscan lasers in that they are just slow enough to be dodgeable so you basically try to hit without getting hit yourself (too much) while also trying to manage distance. It's quite hard for uninitiated.
You have an interesting trade off in that your actual mass determines your maneuverability, so it may not always be beneficial to load your ship full of crap.

Visually shields are pretty nice, but explosions are crappy placeholders.

If you have extra crew, you can order them to do stuff in your ship including piloting it and fighting. They are determined by skills and some are pretty good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom