Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I like the look of that UI.

Them avatars, however... :lol:

Especially the bottom one. "You gon git raped" :lol:

DraQ

Arcane
WNtVO1y.jpg

Star Trek Online can be quite ... interesting.
How did you get fraps to take shots of your acid trip?
:retarded:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Czech RT blobber Cardhalia. It's good for what it is. English translation is shoddy, though. The soundtrack is pretty good, the main menu theme in particular is awesome and sounds like someting off of Arcanum OST.

You will probably want to reconsider those words soon enough. It's a Lands of Lore ripoff, right down to the mines being the most boring part of the game, I gave up on playing after that part. I agree on the main theme being cool, and while the visuals look good in screenshots, they lack all animation whatsoever.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Czech RT blobber Cardhalia. It's good for what it is. English translation is shoddy, though. The soundtrack is pretty good, the main menu theme in particular is awesome and sounds like someting off of Arcanum OST.

You will probably want to reconsider those words soon enough. It's a Lands of Lore ripoff, right down to the mines being the most boring part of the game, I gave up on playing after that part. I agree on the main theme being cool, and while the visuals look good in screenshots, they lack all animation whatsoever.
I'm already hating the huge difficulty spike in the bandit camp. I probably won't play it for much longer, it definitely feels very amateurish, a shame since it has a certain charm to it.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Not exactly a screenshot. This is something from Scourge: Outbreak that a friend recorded. Unfortunately none of the male player characters are so endowed.

7YI8r.gif

zwanzig_zwoelf

Well...
Screenshot_2014-04-01-15-36-19.png

Screenshot_2014-04-01-16-41-39.png

Screenshot_2014-04-01-16-46-00.png
:love:

Screenshot_2014-04-07-02-13-12.png

Screenshot_2014-04-07-02-13-35.png

Screenshot_2014-04-07-02-14-29.png
The shittiest game I've played on a tablet.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Broseph: You've got to get yourself into one of these championship races to receive endless friend and club invites.

Image11.jpg

Image12.jpg

Image13.jpg

Image15.jpg

Image16.jpg

Sadly I was disqualified for "going into checkpoint from the wrong direction". Fucking directionist discrimination.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Kai's Power Tools 5 for photoshop. Fraxflame plugin. that's one of the default example fractals.

:lol: Dude, that's one of the most obscure jokes I've read here. It's even more funny because it might be true.

I shit you not. It was a fractal generator thingie with a bunch of sliders you could tweak and adjust. It took ages to render something large (this was back in, what, 2001 or so), but they were quite pretty. A quick googling reveals a ton of other fractal thingies that look similar to the "nebula" from STO:

first_fractal_flame_by_wedge009-d48u0a5.png

Water%20Orb%20widescreen.png

SouthCaliforniaPurples_1600.jpg

fractal_flame_4.jpg

DraQ

Arcane

potatojohn

Arcane
A1GPTC1.png

sad panda

rfBtzGW.jpg

How wildly inconsistent textures like this get past QA?

k8qihxN.jpg

The harsh new world had no use for Bioware fanboys

6Dk6KSY.jpg

We meet Rikku

BOxRs7c.jpg

The world is full of weapons I can't pick up

fHFlpx5.jpg

The game does have its pretty moments

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

A blobber I haven't played yet?! This heresy must be undone.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron

It's alright, good for a few hours. I abandoned it and started playing Lands of Lore since I'd never played it before. :oops:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

It's alright, good for a few hours. I abandoned it and started playing Lands of Lore since I'd never played it before. :oops:

I'll check it out. LoL is a good choice. Fun little RPG-light blobber and not very difficult.
Try to skill magic early on, it's super powerful and you will need a certain amount of mana later in the game, else you will get stuck.

DraQ

Arcane

I'll check it out. LoL is a good choice. Fun little RPG-light blobber and not very difficult.
Try to skill magic early on, it's super powerful and you will need a certain amount of mana later in the game, else you will get stuck.
Very light and almost insultingly simplified (even by today's standards).

Still, it has a lot of charm, nice atmosphere and excellent graphics and music.

Divinity: Original Sin
Rage panoramas are pretty indeed, and mega texture delivers... but when you look at texture close ups, it's blurrier that a 1997 3d accelerated game. It's terrible.

The game is boring, and I believe it had potential and could be better, but it's all based in fetch quests. And it ends suddenlly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom