Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Don Peste

Arcane
ADARpd4.jpg
Does this game ever improve in gameplay?
SRIV is even worse.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lul, and I thought that evil Rayman Invasion levels in Legends were brutal. Atleast you had to complete em in 40 sec, this one would take me an hour lol.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It wasn't hard as the last world but playing the 8-bt music levels with 4 players was the most fun I had in a long time:

We couldn't even see who was still alive. :lol:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Wait... so the level really pulls all those psych-out tricks at the player? Intentionally? And people enjoy that?

I've played Tetripz, which pulls many of the tricks that are shown there, but some of the stunts pulled in that video are right-out obnoxious. Having "interruptions" coming in at key moments, for example.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
To be fair, the running levels in Rayman often look a lot more difficult than they are in practice. Just looking at that living dead level, I wouldn't have expected to be able to beat it, but I have.

Except the lava part, that part can go fuck itself. Thankfully there's a checkpoint in the middle.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There hath never been a JRPG more retarded than Star Ocean: Second Evolution...

screen00077.jpg

screen00078.jpg

screen00079.jpg

screen00080.jpg

screen00081.jpg

screen00082.jpg

screen00083.jpg

screen00084.jpg

screen00088.jpg

screen00090.jpg

screen00091.jpg

screen00093.jpg

screen00094.jpg

screen00098.jpg

screen00101.jpg

screen00104.jpg

screen00114.jpg

screen00116.jpg

screen00118.jpg

screen00119.jpg

I give up, Codex. Not even I can handle this. Time to check out that Age of Decadence update.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The combat is eerily similar to the Tales of... series, so I dunno. On the other hand, the skill/specialty system is fairly fun to experiment around with.

The translation is alright too, I guess; it's the content that made me abandon the game.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
The combat is eerily similar to the Tales of... series, so I dunno. On the other hand, the skill/specialty system is fairly fun to experiment around with.

The translation is alright too, I guess; it's the content that made me abandon the game.
The people who made Star Ocean and Tales Of used to be the same studio actually. When they got a contract to make the first Tales of game for Namco parts of the studio were upset at Namco's meddling and left to form tri-Ace from what I read.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Well, nobody is forcing you to do all the private actions. You need a few for certain party members or items, but there's no need to try completionist the thing. There are what, 12 characters with their own scenes and interactions between eachother? Endings too. Way too much for any reasonable person to see all of it anyways, even if you do a couple of replays.

Portraits look worse in the remake imo. Didn't they add voiceacting for everything too? That'd get old fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom