Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
Resident Evil 4 - Popamole Edition

700MGjf.jpg

:decline:

lNem29f.jpg

An-hero is not (yet) an option.

HgZnlNS.jpg

kCG6EKA.jpg

Crows dropping Hand Grenades? Oh, Crapcom...

:roll:

Newfag Leon accesses GD finally:

qhafEie.jpg

:hmmm:

69ZBaFK.jpg

True dat.

f4qkX7P.jpg

:thumbsup:

A0e3Sd1.jpg

:dance:

HDZrjGI.jpg

Quest compass? Well, I would never... :roll:

Last edited:

Bahamut

Arcane
On the topic of RE4
Today i've got a cheap key from some potato site's easter sale for HD PC version, and its basicaly what RE4 on PC should be made on day one, real time cutscenes, mouse aim, textures are no way hi-res but many are remade to not be that much ugly

8A6B281551E80EEFC78B017262AAE6FC4E5478C3

96D68766182C848A36437659ACDE629873927BBE

0C0D87E35E465E00D01F8B2D1F280E6E25F5FD17

ADC493DCFB5DCA2AD95507A2DE4D0E97BAB0CC1B

B0D2BBCAF7C97BA8264A60BF8ACEB1A278611B87

Also some retarded fillers in game options (kids love these)
Normal:
AC3688986504138EB848C65FF663FE2E5AB85DD9

And now taste the bleak rainbow
A28A42565B97F06E1634E5E8A26815B5599CE98A

1C785F3178807084ED2DE951BC0E89AFE7FAF50F

25A8F5458E32187F97C99F32CCEF9E5ACDDC1E8E

RE4 is a fun game depsite not beeing like old ones, and its not coop focused like next ones (fun to play with friends but utter shit on SP)

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Wanna take over an LP?
Link or it didn't happen.
This one?

0gkZMew.jpg
Sorry, I have this newshit feature disabled. :obviously:

spekkio, don't be so harsh on the "THIS ISN"T RESIDENT EVIL!!!!111", and you'll see it's quite a fun game, with some really good moments.
It's not a RE game (shooter instead of horror-adventure), it's more retarded than previous games (plot, enemies dropping items, dialogue), gameplay is terribad due to clunky control scheme (older games were 10x more dynamic / easier to control, despite fixed camera), etc, etc. I really don't get how you can defend this game, at least when compared to its predecessors (superior in every aspect, maybe except environment interactivity).

But maybe I'll see the light. :roll:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I really don't get how you can defend this game, at least when compared to its predecessors (superior in every aspect, maybe except environment interactivity).
That's exactly what I'm saying bro... don't compare it. Just consider RE 1,2,3 & Code Veronica as a series trying something, and RE 4,5 & 6 as another series trying a competently different thing.

spekkio

Arcane
That's exactly what I'm saying bro... don't compare it
Well, if it wasn't for its name, I would be even playing this POS. I just want to make sure that RE series died after RE0 & RE1 Remake. On its own, it's so bad it's not even funny. Conker - BFD for N64 has much better control scheme, for console FPS. And its FPS part is only one segment of the game. :roll:

trying a competently different thing
Let me guess - the same thing Beth tried when making Fallout 3?

:rpgcodex:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yup, the difference is that RE4 stands on it's own as a good game. The focus changed competently from horror/survival to shooter, and as soon as you understand that and stop taking the game seriously, you'll see it has a lot of fun to offer.

spekkio

Arcane
In a "protag covers 80% of the screen and you can't see shit without twitching around like a retard" shooter subgenre, Dead Space 1 is still better methinks.

:smug:

It's quite understandable that PC-fags were raging @ the lack of proper mouse support (RE4) or itz being shit (DS1) - with proper mouselook and FPP, these games would've been 10 times easier than they're now (mostly inability to aim and move at the same time in RE4, I don't remeber if DS1 had the same issue).
It's funny how RE4 Wii was praised for its control scheme (Wiimote): "Worth buying for the great new controls alone!!11!". :lol: Too bad it’s so slow in Dolphin, or I wouldn’t be bothering with the PC version.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I played RE4 on the Wii and had lots of fun. But it actually was way too easy with the Wii controls, I had like 12 full healing sprays left at the final boss fight.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
In a "protag covers 80% of the screen and you can't see shit without twitching around like a retard" shooter subgenre, Dead Space 1 is still better methinks.
Nah, Dead State is too try-hard and gimmicky. RE4 is "for fun" and not trying to be scary, but that's better than acting all grimdark but only doing cheap jump-scares.

Besides, RE4 has an area that is REALLY scary, beyond anything that Dead State ever offered (fucking regenerators).

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nah, Dead State is too try-hard and gimmicky. RE4 is "for fun" and not trying to be scary, but that's better than acting all grimdark but only doing cheap jump-scares.

Besides, RE4 has an area that is REALLY scary, beyond anything that Dead State ever offered (fucking regenerators).

I think you meant Dead Space, not Dead State :D

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yup, the difference is that RE4 stands on it's own as a good game. The focus changed competently from horror/survival to shooter, and as soon as you understand that and stop taking the game seriously, you'll see it has a lot of fun to offer.

Problem is they changed it to a shooter but it still controls like an adventure game. I literally couldn't stand playing it.

A user named cat

RE4 viewpoint and controls definitely took some getting used to, but it's not like the earlier games had solid controls either where you moved like a tank on stilts. I thought it was a pretty fun game to play through and had some tense moments, just lacking in horror. Certainly a better experience than the newer Silent Hills that became overly westernized abominations.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Oddworld: Poppin' Moles edition

21P5oN.jpg

27R0kd.jpg

This game could use some Eastwood quotes.

sVOiSL.jpg

Everything about it, though, is pretty Warhammer orky. Everything looks orky, the outlaws talk extra orky, and everyone refers to everyone as boyz with a very heavily accented Z.

dPSWRl.jpg

Turns out there's a whole lotta fuckers here.

tDZxTH.jpg

And they are sweatin' bullets.

TUijW4.jpg

Gotta drop on all fours to avoid the crossfire

5UlQdD.jpg

But shooting them up with boombats eventually thins them out significantly.

ClY1Hq.jpg

And we finally get to cap the boss.

I'd rather take him alive for moar bounty, but I don't really think it was even possible in this case.

LbYL7S.jpg

Stranger needs more moolah for his trannification

yxnggk.jpg

iiHMBk.jpg

:D

cDfsZn.jpg

Climbin' them ropes to reach forbidden places

3c7ZCl.jpg

like this here hidden stash of jewgold farmer moolah

PTROFU.jpg

and everything is fine till i leave the place and suddenly alarms spring up cuz 'DAT BAESTIRD STAWL MUH MOOLAH' and some silly autoturrets start shoopin' me.

They get bored quickly though

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Everytime I see/try RE4 it remind me to go back to other game called Devil Inside.
It TPP shooter, aiming with laser, shooting zombies and other paranormal stuff, collecting and puzzles in haunted mansion. Why we go here? For exciting mysteries and more violence because we work for TV that's why.
In other games (when heat moment happening) music change to more dynamic one, in DI that role belong to... audience. It's showtime!
Did I mention the name of the showman is Jack the Ripper?

Also - your character can turn into roguey goth girl or daemonesse or what was that and use magic.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
That actually came out? I remember reading previews of that in PC Gamer many, many years ago.

Of course it's out. Question is - how it work on newer system like XP and higher.
Worth trying.

There was also game based on From Dusk Till Dawn, got for single buck, played for almost hour and abandoned. Or El Matador.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I was being rhetorical :rpgcodex:. It's a game I kept getting mixed up with a survival horror involving a TV crew.

Is that because REC or other paradocumental shits? If you survived other games that you showed in this thread, then you can play it.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Oddworld: A fistful of moolah

B49b0p.jpg

"Time to go bag Jo' Momma"

jFXRDX.jpg

finally sum esoteric ancient temples

rHrkHs.jpg

Ain't gonna pop my mole

bVSuTE.jpg

8AZXOB.jpg

:thumbsup:

jVdn4H.jpg

Jo' Momma was so fat i had to carry her to the bounty store in a wheelbarrow

also fuck you unkillable cat

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom