Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DraQ

Arcane
Nah, Dead State is too try-hard and gimmicky.
Actually Dead Space 1 was at least fun and did some interesting things with vacuum, microgravity and shooting space zombies in the limbs.

In a "protag covers 80% of the screen and you can't see shit without twitching around like a retard" shooter subgenre, Dead Space 1 is still better methinks.

:smug:

It's quite understandable that PC-fags were raging @ the lack of proper mouse support (RE4) or itz being shit (DS1) - with proper mouselook and FPP, these games would've been 10 times easier than they're now (mostly inability to aim and move at the same time in RE4, I don't remeber if DS1 had the same issue).
Influence of movement on aiming isn't a function of perspective. You could stick the camera inside model's head in existing DS1 (and preferably give it less mouse smoothing) and it would play more or less the same despite having superior perspective.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Six-Guns

XpVTF3m.jpg

balmorar, why do you post images of mobile shovelware shit?

AGENTS OF DECLINE, 5TH COLUMN ON THE CODEX, SAVE YOURSELF

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
In a "protag covers 80% of the screen and you can't see shit without twitching around like a retard" shooter subgenre, Dead Space 1 is still better methinks.

:smug:

It's quite understandable that PC-fags were raging @ the lack of proper mouse support (RE4) or itz being shit (DS1) - with proper mouselook and FPP, these games would've been 10 times easier than they're now (mostly inability to aim and move at the same time in RE4, I don't remeber if DS1 had the same issue).
Influence of movement on aiming isn't a function of perspective. You could stick the camera inside model's head in existing DS1 (and preferably give it less mouse smoothing) and it would play more or less the same despite having superior perspective.
But I wouldn't have to keep turning left/right all the time to see enemies, instead of Leon's / Isaac's manly curves, right?
I don't remember a single game with "over the shoulder" perspective with controls done right / not being a main complaint for the majority of players.
I'm playing RE4 ATM and shitty FOV is the most irritating thing in the entire game. I can hear the enemies around me (it's so nice of the devs to make them so noisy) but I have to spend a lot of time twitching the analogue stick around in an often futile attempt of seeing the enemies before they fuck me up with a projectile. When compared to ANY decent FPS, RE4 gameplay / control scheme is an abomination. It’s simply inferior in every aspect to what other games do better. In this case - shooting enemies. In a goddamned shooter.

[/slitswrists]

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Docks, a Thief 1 mission that's almost 15 years old. What's cool is that the author built cool stuff like railroad tracks, mechanical hoists, a ship and more just out of stock items and brushes. Love that kind of creativity. And it plays well for what it is, has a basic story that works even with all the crude architecture, and it even manages to be creepy in some places.

docksallaboard02_zps12a8218d.png

docksallaboard03_zps9b85340a.png

docksallaboard01_zps15259fd6.png

docksallaboard04_zpsf2790654.png

So, CoD: MW3 Multiplayer is fucking amazing. Both CoD and Battlefield are dudebro, but at least this is lulzy awesomeness.

29bod2s.jpg

37 kills/6 deaths, including 18 kills in Juggernaut Recon Armor, and accused of hacking. Must have been some great trolling to see everybody's ass getting whipped with a shitty ass pistol and being unable to die:dance:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
CioI9Aq.png

KjVWnUj.png

:yeah:
The sad thing is, some weak ass goblin shaman can still mind control me for like 40 turns with a low level Command spell. Ah, balance.

Bahamut

Arcane
And guess the final goodbye to LOS2, Revelations DLC, it was like predicted, short and bland
588975EF3C8EA1D097254FC1D1D253CB7557C182

9E901672697270C48D8B1694005712A29389323A

A91E85F3BAC2292714333B24A72791A2B371CA80

1899D4580073264D62D3FD3F0BD50688E43C47C6

37E85F2813A1345E7E7B16DE0E86A5D60659EF52

9B1DB011C0455B861A0B40559D3EF12A3DAD9E41

B08993D43D51CFDC9E4E4D34FBF19FCF19405844

C4B2F81C34CA7733BA32F7D2CD3A08A10961FABF

1C3CD8886C6357DFB5A39101AC0458966FF00EA9

What left is to... rip some model and texture assets and add them to my collection +M
I like researching this kind of stuff

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The Docks, a Thief 1 mission that's almost 15 years old. What's cool is that the author built cool stuff like railroad tracks, mechanical hoists, a ship and more just out of stock items and brushes. Love that kind of creativity. And it plays well for what it is, has a basic story that works even with all the crude architecture, and it even manages to be creepy in some places.

I remember that one, and it's one of the FMs I kept after I had a run through Komag's DVDs of Thief 1/2 FMs. Probably one of the oldest ones I saved, too.

... and making a photograph instead of a screenshot... :hmmm:

I am a moron who not only plays CoD but tries to photograph the screen with flash turned on.
:hmmm:

:lol:

Print Screen doesn't get the game and I can't be arsed to either set up Fraps and deal with .bmps for this kind of shit, or search for a decent alternative. Also the phone software went to shit and camera along with it. Sorry I didn't readjust everything to make a spontaneous pic with a phone near my hand majestic enough.

Or maybe I did. It does look like Oblivion's bloom, after all.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

Print Screen doesn't get the game and I can't be arsed to either set up Fraps and deal with .bmps for this kind of shit, or search for a decent alternative. Also the phone software went to shit and camera along with it. Sorry I didn't readjust everything to make a spontaneous pic with a phone near my hand majestic enough.

Fraps allows for a variety of filetypes for screenshots. I have it set to do PNGs. You can do pretty high quality JPGs as well, I believe.

Fraps allows for a variety of filetypes for screenshots. I have it set to do PNGs. You can do pretty high quality JPGs as well, I believe.

I know, but it required a Premium Subscription or something like that the last time I had it set up, in order to change the filetype. I put up with it for the little thing I had it for, and then never really had a use for it again.

Ashery

Prophet
FTL:AE goodness.

I gotta say, I'm really happy with how well they ramped up the difficulty in AE. I'm actually a bit surprised I won with the loadout I had considering that I only had 20hp for all three flagship stages. A big part of my victory needs to be credited to the 20+ small bombs I was able to spam, most of which were used on the missile launcher n the first stage to both eliminate that particular threat and to force the crew to heal. Normally that wouldn't do much with respect to the crew, but with a rank three hacking subsystem paired up with the hacking stun augment, anyone who walked into that medbay was guaranteed to die. With all but one crew member dead, the second and third stages were a breeze for my mantis boarding party.

LHE86qY.png

DAOgZu9.png

em0PLPw.png

:love:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Buying crew is for suckers. You get plenty from fighting slavers and rescuing people. Scrap is easy to get too when you can capture ships; you get much better rewards, not just for scrap but for random loot to sell for scrap (or use as weapons/drones.) Not using drones also means you can sell/trade away your drones for more scrap as well as not having shelled out to install the system, upgrade it, and upgrade the reactor for it. I've seen ships way more tricked out that that one, he was mostly just smart about where he spent scrap.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth

I remember that one, and it's one of the FMs I kept after I had a run through Komag's DVDs of Thief 1/2 FMs. Probably one of the oldest ones I saved, too.
Yeah, it's one of the earliest fan missions (except Gathering at the Bar) trying to create a cohesive world and gameplay challenge. Others from the same time tend to be the equivalent of rough doodles thrown together randomly. Even this one has a lot of rough edges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom