Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

A user named cat

Silent Run-of-the-Mill.

Don't bother finishing it, you won't miss anything of much interest. They took all of the series' staple points out of context and just threw them in a generic blender. Play/replay the first few games if you really have an itch for the setting, and forget the banal sequels.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Silent Run-of-the-Mill.

Don't bother finishing it, you won't miss anything of much interest. They took all of the series' staple points out of context and just threw them in a generic blender. Play/replay the first few games if you really have an itch for the setting, and forget the banal sequels.
I decided to play the shittiest ones before making another attempt at other games.
First Silent Hill is still one of my favorites when it comes to atmosphere. I loved to just walk around the city, listening to ambience.

Hey bitches, look who is back!

sdfazdf14.jpg

I love the demo.
After rance VIII being a bit of a letdown, IX is shaping to be great.

For some reason Rance just decided to attack a caravan (I can't into moon, so I guess they just got in his way)

dgjhu%2Ckmcjhm19.jpg

Nice 3D grid combat, complete with counters, special attacks and what not.

After I defeat the guys protecting the wagon, I check the insides...

2014_04_15_-_25.jpg

Slaves? That's disgusting.... Oh wait, the music is changing to My Glorious Days...

2014_04_15_-_26.jpg

Target acquired.

2014_04_15_-_27.jpg

The chick is called Russian. You gonna get annexed.

We free the other slaves but keep her as our spare slave in returm (since the main slave is in the freezer since JAPAN)

Meanwhile we cross the borders of Helman to aid in the imminent revolution and get some sweet princess ass. Rance won't forget his ambitions.

ranceawesome.jpg
"My next target is Shira of Helman or Kouhime of Japan! I'm going to take both their virginities, and then start a transcontinental journey to take the virginity of every princess! That's my ambition!"

2014_04_15_-_29.jpg

In the rebel camp we met interesting people.

2014_04_15_-_30.jpg

Stumbling blindly in the moonrunes menu I get into a bonus fight.

2014_04_15_-_32.jpg

We show off our special moves...

sjtryg23.jpg

2014_04_15_-_31.jpg

But the game just trolls us.

2014_04_15_-_36.jpg

Too many waves. Fuck this shit and let's do something else....

Something NSFW

2014_04_15_-_37.jpg

2014_04_15_-_39.jpg

9547.jpg

2014_04_15_-_40.jpg

:sob:

The game also includes some kind of romance/dating content.

2014_04_15_-_41.jpg

There are 7 main heroines, and by spending some orbs we collect we can unlock scenes. I spent 3 of them to have the scene with Russian.

And just when things are going to start getting serious...

2014_04_15_-_42.jpg

...the demo ends. Full game is out next week. Translation next century.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If the best thread ever got a special SJW segregation thread the least we could do is make a spin-off of this thread for Japanese masturbation.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
This is interesting. Just watched some videos of it on jewtube, I like this type of "feel" in a game (futuristic visuals+electronic music), the gameplay seems a bit dull though (final boss fight and she just stands there shooting, and dodging from time to time), but I'm really tempted to check it out.

zwanzig_zwoelf

P.N.03 felt really dull to me.
I could play it without any sweat on the emulator with 15-20 fps or so.
Might give it another try, since it looks pretty.

warpig should play The Creed and get his ass kicked and then have his rotten corpse eaten by rats.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Isn't The Creed a game when you get your ass kicked by bugs and overall clunkiness?
I've encountered no gameplay bugs. Clunkiness is possible, yes, if you can't get a grip on the controls.

A user named cat

Silent Run-of-the-Mill.

I decided to play the shittiest ones before making another attempt at other games.
First Silent Hill is still one of my favorites when it comes to atmosphere. I loved to just walk around the city, listening to ambience.
I don't think Homecoming was the shittiest, at least on PC. It was certainly dull and not really worth playing through (I quit towards the end somewhere, bored) but there have been worse. Some may disagree but I'd give that nod to part 4. While The Room was a pretty cool concept and at least tried something different, it was an absolute drag to play because of limited inventory, long backtracking and irritating enemies like those god damn ghosts.

Far as consoles go, I haven't played Downpour or the HD remakes but those are probably even shittier from what I've seen. There's also Book of Memories on Vita that's supposedly quite terrible.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Silent Run-of-the-Mill.

I don't think Homecoming was the shittiest, at least on PC. It was certainly dull and not really worth playing through (I quit towards the end somewhere, bored) but there have been worse. Some may disagree but I'd give that nod to part 4. While The Room was a pretty cool concept and at least tried something different, it was an absolute drag to play because of limited inventory, long backtracking and irritating enemies like those god damn ghosts.

Far as consoles go, I haven't played Downpour or the HD remakes but those are probably even shittier from what I've seen. There's also Book of Memories on Vita that's supposedly quite terrible.
I've heard that Book of Memories sucks donkey cock and it's basically a Diablo reskin, while Downpour is pretty good as a Silent Hill game when it comes to the atmosphere and ideas, but:
1. It has a shitty plot written by producers.
2. It's not scary at all.

Tried to run Origins on my tablet today and it didn't work, but after some ticking with the settings I made it to run, yet graphical glitches and flickering make it unplayable. Oh well, guess I'll have to try the PS2 version.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Weren't the first four Silent Hill games made by Japs and later the title was sold to Kwans who made a generic-kwanzanian-horror out of them? I'm not 100% certain, but I recall reading something along these lines. Either way, I'm sure almost everybody would agree that 1-3 were good and worth playing (2 being the best), 4 being quite mixed, while later games not achieving the quality of the 1-4 games. I played Homecoming and while I loved original games (even the fourth one), that game was so terrible I dropped it after 3 hours (of being bored).

spekkio

Arcane
What about Shattered Memories? I've heard it's decent, but not much of a SH game (no combat, different atmosphere).

A user named cat

I think Shattered Memories was supposed to be okay, didn't look too bad from the Youtube vids I saw of it but it seemed like an experimental spinoff just so you can wave around the Wii cock like a flashlight. I haven't finished Origins and it's also okay but doesn't measure up to the first three. Runs into clicheville not far in.

zwanzig if you play it through PCSX2, be sure to set gsdx to D3D software mode. It's going to look worse (native internal res) but the graphics are bugged in hardware mode once you reach other world. Hope your cpu is up to snuff.

Software mode
Y0d2kye.jpg

Hardware mode (shadows are fucked)
s6eDFQw.png

zwanzig_zwoelf

I think Shattered Memories was supposed to be okay, didn't look too bad from the Youtube vids I saw of it but it seemed like an experimental spinoff just so you can wave around the Wii cock like a flashlight. I haven't finished Origins and it's also okay but doesn't measure up to the first three. Runs into clicheville not far in.

zwanzig if you play it through PCSX2, be sure to set gsdx to D3D software mode. It's going to look worse (native internal res) but the graphics are bugged in hardware mode once you reach other world. Hope your cpu is up to snuff.

Software mode
Y0d2kye.jpg

Hardware mode (shadows are fucked)
s6eDFQw.png
I'll try the Wii version, I guess. If not, I usually play in software mode anyway - looks worse, but I'd rather play from 1-1.5 meters from the screen and enjoy the game than encounter a buggy mess and drop it.

A user named cat

Origins didn't come out for Wii. Just PS2 and PSP (not playable in PPSSPP, super buggy).

I didn't even realize Shattered Memories came out for PS2 until I just checked. I'm not sure how playable it is in PCSX2 or if the Wii version runs in Dolphin either. I don't have the time to test today. Maybe spekkio would like to give it a shot? PS2 version can be found at a certain paradise.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Origins didn't come out for Wii. Just PS2 and PSP (not playable in PPSSPP, super buggy).

I didn't even realize Shattered Memories came out for PS2 until I just checked. I'm not sure how playable it is in PCSX2 or if the Wii version runs in Dolphin either. I don't have the time to test today. Maybe spekkio would like to give it a shot? PS2 version can be found at a certain paradise.
Uh, I was talking about Shattered Memories (Wii). I'll try both PSP and PS2 versions of Origins and see how it works.

As an old lover of console stuff, I know the road to the paradise, Phantasmal, but thanks for the tip.

A user named cat

Well, Origins isn't really playable in PPSSPP but I'm not sure about JPCSP. Just play the PS2 version, it's fine in software mode.

If you or anyone tries out Shattered Memories though on Dolphin or PCSX2, post your results. I'm curious if it's worth bothering with and how well it runs.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Well, Origins isn't really playable in PPSSPP but I'm not sure about JPCSP. Just play the PS2 version, it's fine in software mode.

If you or anyone tries out Shattered Memories though on Dolphin or PCSX2, post your results. I'm curious if it's worth bothering with and how well it runs.
Last time I used JPCSP, it ran like a girl that was just buttfucked by a nigger for the first time in her life.
As for Shattered Memories: my ex used to say a lot of good things about it, but she loved Mass Effect, so I guess I should be cautious.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Bumpy bump.

Shattered Memories runs like shit on Dolphin (at least on my pc, since my GPU sucks duck dick). Gotta try the PS2 version later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom