Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
Resident Evil - Popamole Edition

pewWPXT.jpg

1r4pz70.jpg

:dance:

iS1rmFO.jpg

Leon teams up with the famous twitcher, the White Wolf (fursona edition).

XRZKSJe.jpg

It's super effective!

ko2NDK7.jpg

Ashley tells Leon, that before the wirus infection, she was actually a boy, named Ash! What a tweest!
Two hours later:

gSEzKvD.jpg

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

:takemyjewgold:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Eterium:
6c5t7zE.jpg

TXHRucN.jpg

MEEIRVp.png

RtdiRjq.jpg

It's pretty cool, very amateurish though. Very similar to early Wing Commander games. Similar controls (the flight model is different, there's slight inertia), weapons, missions, you walk around the carrier and talk to other pilots etc. It's a Wing Commander clone...

...for j-faggots.
dK5X6PP.jpg

That's our brave hero. Waifu gallery below:

9sn4bC8.png

Arr7Ner.jpg

0eeV8Tl.png

gTLXnDO.png

ENXyAJw.png

PHesuD7.png

I hope the all have romance options.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Lands of Lore 2 is a very strange game for me. If I look at screenshots of it, I cringe and feel ashamed for every having played this game. But the memory of it, somehow, is nice and crystal clear. Walking around the museum, exploring a cavern and unearthering the Ring of Regenration, finding the Noble Crossbow Valkyrie, that fucking puzzle with the coloured Orbs, the goddam Rulai, the ending being one long "WTF?" moment...

The only tip I give (because I couldn't complete the game otherwise) is to make sure you have one Silverleaf with you before you leave the Draconian graveyard.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Weren't the first four Silent Hill games made by Japs and later the title was sold to Kwans who made a generic-kwanzanian-horror out of them? I'm not 100% certain, but I recall reading something along these lines. Either way, I'm sure almost everybody would agree that 1-3 were good and worth playing (2 being the best), 4 being quite mixed, while later games not achieving the quality of the 1-4 games. I played Homecoming and while I loved original games (even the fourth one), that game was so terrible I dropped it after 3 hours (of being bored).
The biggest problem with non-jap SH games is that for some strange reason they seem to be visually based on the shitty SH movie instead of the actual parts 1-3. Also, the creators never really understood the more subtle stuff about SH, besides "it's a horror so gore and monsters, hurrrrr", but that was to be expected. Still, the comic books are the worst, they easily beat the movies and later games when it comes to the distasteful rape. And SH4 isn't even a SH game, they tried to make something different and then slapped SH name on it when they realized that it probably won't sell too good. At least music and parts of the visuals are still nice.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Moebius? Is it any good, or it's yet another shitty game of the year?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Moebius? Is it any good, or it's yet another shitty game of the year?

It's alright. Easy as fuck though, almost ridiculously easy in fact, but most of its other factors are good enough. Great music and good writing, intriguing plot, neat 2D backgrounds (with rather terribru 3D character models and overlong animations), cool protag.

Very limited in terms of puzzles, though. Even Gray Matter had more and harder puzzles than Moebius.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Thanks to some tips from tuluse, I was playing Mordor again.
Then I remembered that I have Mordor 2 beta lying around somewhere.

So, after I installed it and ran it, my first impression is...
mxp-6873.png

OH MY GOD ITS HEAVEN :bounce:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Deus Ex mod mission called Mutations.

Interesting idea - turning game into... dungeon crawler. Yes, that's it. This include collecting keys, backtracking, maps etc. So you start in upper dungeon, placed on lower dungeon and laboratory complex under it all.
I know, DesuEx is terrible in combat, shooting etc. but still - pretty neat idea. Similiar to Biomod - you got XPs almost constantly.

I like the dialogs, they're different from vanillia and other mods, Mutations not taking itself seriously. I like it, after earlier mods that tried hard telling serious stone (despite whole conspiracies theme feelings of '90 tvseries like Xfiles), that catch me in vanillia Deus Ex) it's quite refreshing to see something like that.

Story - after what happened in original Deus Ex JCD got retired, Gary Savage become a head of Unatco (which turned from corrupted puppet for Fema into proper antiterror organisation).
Illuminati and MJ12 are fine despite our eforts.
And here what happened - decade ago strange object crashed into Earth (based on stolen videotape), with some strange substance, Mj12 eggheads call it Phiatoselem.
It booster significantly progress of research on supersoldier project and virus, similiar to Gray Death from vanillia.
Then Gary tell you that Greys (aliens) make contact with Unatco few days ago, asked for this substance back, waiting for us behind the Moon where they hide their ship. Neat.

Some screens
3uprTT3.png

3IF9DNi.png

KWk476l.png

A8fJ5r4.png

fake edit
gee, text info is bigger than screens collection.

Coyote

Arcane
To be honest, I really didn't think the land of the livid dead was that rapealicious, altho the lava moment was seriously uncool. But it's the last steampunkish world that I meant. Jesus Christ, I almost ragequit the game at that chapter because, being my typical spergy self, I had to finish every level on 100%, AND FUCK ME WAS THAT TERRIBAD.

The worst moment in the game for me was repeatedly missing the trophy in the first steampunk level by just a few lums only to finally realize that you could fire much faster in mosquito levels by rapidly mashing the button instead of holding it.

Speaking of games that foster spergy completionism and repetitive stress injuries, how about that Super Meat Boy?

ROO6jKp.jpg

u2lal5A.jpg

R3L3DFK.jpg

RXfjNRe.jpg

These ones look intimidating as hell the first time you play them but are relatively easy once you pick up on the trick:

NirLWP5.jpg

TQ8PRfY.jpg

r1dGVRJ.jpg

AR2Htxs.jpg

This one is downright painful, though:

bkKRNOh.jpg

At least the warp zone can only go uphill from here.

smsiZ7D.jpg

:rage:

BX8giHW.jpg

:fuuyeah:

Fuck those tiny sawblades and whoever decided to put them at the end of a 40-second level. The dark world version, which places them at the start, is actually much less frustrating.

But in the end it's worth it, because

09af9KQ.jpg

:yeah: :kfc: :dance:

My hands hurt so bad. :negative:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
This remind me somwhat Demise Ascension (played it for few hours), I pressume it's less chore and less strange rules or waht

zwanzig_zwoelf

Same developer, same series.
Mordor 2 is basically the first Mordor when it comes to gameplay, but at the same time it has graphics and some of the less decline-y additions that were in Demise.
Demise added monster models, additional stuff for dungeons, but has modified UI that I don't really like.

Did you buy Ascension? Are there any worthy additions to make it worth $32.50?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I got Demise from some GamersGate bundle with bugged price (they put comma in wrong place), can't compared because I played Demise only few hours (dropped by some bullshit idea in some place) and my last Mordor1 playtime was loooong time ago.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Well, all I can recommend now is to install vbox, install WinXP and then enjoy original Mordor and Mordor 2 without any problems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom