Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

A user named cat

Silent Hill-like mod for HL2

UgvTcC.jpg

aovuGB.jpg

0HGhBY.jpg

D2KpfZ.jpg

LsDx5O.jpg

A user named cat

I guess calling it a SH-like mod is an understatement. They nailed the atmosphere and lighting. Puzzles are pretty lame and vague though, could use some polish.

QdP2DZ.jpg

EM6oYO.jpg

cMNstY.jpg

jhjceG.jpg

LCFFRI.jpg

j1BXX4.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Enemies are great, though. Fliers who move like sharks and are hard to hit

Nothing that adds cliff racers or other flying annoyances should ever be considered good.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Enemies are great, though. Fliers who move like sharks and are hard to hit

Nothing that adds cliff racers or other flying annoyances should ever be considered good.

They're not like cliff racers. More like trying to hit clay pigeons. I hated them at first when I only had a pistol, but they grew on me once I got a shotgun.
Another thing I like about the enemies is that most are not the usual HP sponges, but more like glass cannons. The cyborgs can deal massive damage, but are not too hard too kill, and make a braking glass sound when killed.

spekkio

Arcane
Onimusha 4

U0VCtC3.jpg

To my surprise, this game - often described as the weakest in series - is IMO quite good.
Combat system is actually fun this time, level design is quite interesting too, and party banter is the best since Torment. Our hero Soki (with horns) vs. our 1st companion - famous Jubei Yagyu (kawaii gurl):

aDfqgeI.jpg

o2lde7R.jpg

ZB6lbvr.jpg

l0gXE5X.jpg

crwdc.gif

Too bad that the game has some serious, unfixable issues in pcsx2...

pemSmrk.jpg

:cry:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
This page illustrates the need for separate weaboo thread perfectly. Riskbreaker posts one of the coolest things I saw here in a long time and then spekkio jumps out with some inane subhumanity directly below.

eXalted

Arcane
I must be going blind. I'm playing with everything on ultra and water looks better in your screenshot.
Hmm, is it possible that this is how the water looks on lower settings?

A few more screenshots. Gotta love the attention to detail in this game.
RBXxgPJ.jpg

RM65L6S.jpg

6A5EIpi.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
less game for same price (€20, discount at 5), even shorter amount of decline is still decline
really tryhard to base on the things that made old Wolfs good but fail miserably+issues of nuWolf from previous game
Game is easy thanks to retarded AI, overpowered gun (even without headshots) regen health and (surprise) enemies are not total hitscanners.
35GB...p.sure 30GB was used by one texture

F459E2A31261677674C17B4A006A4003863F779D

fuck sales

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
less game for same price (€20, discount at 5), even shorter amount of decline is still decline
really tryhard to base on the things that made old Wolfs good but fail miserably+issues of nuWolf from previous game
Game is easy thanks to retarded AI, overpowered gun (even without headshots) regen health and (surprise) enemies are not total hitscanners.
35GB...p.sure 30GB was used by one texture

F459E2A31261677674C17B4A006A4003863F779D

fuck sales
Dude's p. aesthetic though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom