Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I found him
E78EDD8DFC1523EDF6BDB710F3F87D70126D5764

Realism !?

Realism? In dudebro shooter?

A horse of course

Even plain women can be reasonably attractive in real life. That typically doesn't work when you're translating "average" or even genuinely beautiful women into 3d renders, so you end up with maleficent horrors like Dragon Age Inquisition or the new Trans Effect.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Even plain women can be reasonably attractive in real life. That typically doesn't work when you're translating "average" or even genuinely beautiful women into 3d renders, so you end up with maleficent horrors like Dragon Age Inquisition or the new Trans Effect.
Witcher 3 bitches look cool though.

Quilty

Magister
Doing some evening and night flying in the beta for X-Plane 11. There's a demo you can download and try it out if you're interested. My experiences have been great so far. I love how cities look at night. Though it may strike some as a bit cartoonish, it feels very relaxing to watch the lights of cars passing between rows of streetlamps. I recommend tuning into a radio station, then finding and following the flashing lights of a police car as it makes its way around the streets.

oGytMpq.jpg

Qi0zp9Z.png

aOp4eBq.png

7ZYhnWb.png

fFmRMgY.jpg

8IKkVRv.jpg

saEHP23.png

aIfR6cF.png

39R2rKH.jpg

ENgYvEr.png

octavius

Arcane
Patron

DramaticPopcorn

I like how the NPC is the one with the most HPs. You never see things like that on YouTube.
Your post made negative amount of sense, please, try again

On YouTube LPs the characters in the Gold Box game invariably have 255 HP, which suggests both save scumming and hex editing. It's refreshing to see a capture of a non-cheating party. Captain Daenor is an NPC that joins the party.
Oh, ya, HP bugs were aplenty in Goldbox. PoR, Gateway to Savage Frontier and CoaB had the issue with party members randomly shifting HP pools with NPCs or newly joined NPCs having -1 HP which could potentially corrupt the save. So, what you're seeing is not necessarily tampering tbh

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Huh? I've never seen or heard about NPCs affecting the HPs of party members.
The only bugs I've seen were with characters imported from PoR to CoAB.
Equipping stat boosting items on exported characters could also cause bugs.
Those super characters you see on YouTube LPS are definitely the result of save scumming and hex editing, not bugs.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I don't remember if they were rolled characters or not, I always play with 18 INT and 18 WIS for my single classed mages and cleric but otherwise I try not to max stats too much. It's actually true that recruitable characters often have better stats than mine.

tormund

Arcane
IMO they probably are, but it is also possible that they are obstructed by nostalgia, constantly trying to relive their childhood, unwilling to trz out new stuff...
If only they tried modern RPGs like NMS, latest AC, [insert the name of console exclusive that everyone is hyping this week], DA3 so gloriously celebrated by based Cobbett... they could never go back to those crusty old relics. Their historical importance is beyond question of course, but one is unable to enjoy them without fat nostalgia glasses.

BTW Edna, you haven't logged into Destiny entire week. Everything all right? It's not the same without you...

A horse of course

I've never played Destiny. I was playing...

DOOM (2016)

Pretty good fun, if suffering a little from the typical failings of modern game design. My main complaint is the use of challenges, runes and secrets for in-game rewards via pseudo-RPG upgrades, which kinda pushes you into playing the game non-optimally for the sake of meeting certain challenge conditions - leaving you deflated when you wipe out a horde of demons but failed to get X headshots with Z weapon on Y enemy - or breaking up the flow of a level to do Rune Upgrade sections. The fact that levels would frequently lock you out of previous rooms with no warning (and then trigger a checkpoint) was also rather infuriating. The bosses were also a bit "gamey" for my taste, with their silly jump/duck and pattern recognition attacks. Oh, and cacodemons were annoyingly bullet-spongey. Otherwise it was alright, and worth the sale price.

Had to disable the motion blur to get screens that look even remotely clear, which does reveal some shoddy texture quality in places. It doesn't look as bad as some modern shooters, and I did like the look of one of the later levels, with the juxtaposition of the sterile-white Lazarus Labs and the mountains of gore caused by the invasion, but in general environments are pretty forgettable. Some monsters look great (Revenant and Summoner), though others are a bit generic (Hell Knights, for example, are similar to their uninspired Doom 3 versions). It would've been nice to see an emphasis on the demonic violation of relatable, mundane human environments in the UAC base rather than dark industrial corridors and security checkpoints caked in entrails and blood, something that has always proved a challenge for sci-fi horror. I thought the Event Horizon nod in The AMC Mod Episode 2 did a much better job of depicting a research facility being progressively subsumed by Hell. Perhaps id were wary of falling into the trap of Doom 3's asinine side-characters and audio logs, hence the choice to depersonalize everyone on the base aside from Olivia Pierce and Samuel Hayden. On that note, they did a fantastic job characterizing "The Doom Slayer" via little touches such as the way he tears open priceless experimental machinery in defiance of Hayden's requests, or the momentary hesitation when he's about to shut down VEGA and notices the "Backup" key. We know everything we need to about the guy without requiring a single line of extra dialogue or stuffing his backstory into a bunch of collectibles (which exist, but only reveal the history of the demon world rather than as a half-hearted attempt at an alternative telling of the character).

I'm not a huge fan of the music, but then the kind of genres that the Doom community have tended to cluster around have never been my thing. Though most of the combat tunes are adequate enough, virtually every other track (aside from the one that plays before you enter VEGA's core) amalgamate into a single amorphous blob.

oxXUohk.jpg
43hhWNQ.jpg
K9TpoEX.jpg
iGbdUiz.jpg
e0QVvp6.jpg
5SOfgmz.jpg
7o5diq1.jpg
RbiVBzx.jpg
qyQu6FL.jpg
XycmFbR.jpg
An2wAUI.jpg
1bedhQU.jpg
9c437ZR.jpg
43AdSZ6.jpg
l9wErFc.jpg
xHfVVZg.jpg
w1z0UIq.jpg
jvGuDG4.jpg
NlrD9Ya.jpg
J7wHegv.jpg
NtrZtuW.jpg
1rimlzC.jpg
NU3tEI7.jpg
DKZtBWB.jpg
DyhAdzs.jpg
CQ0LhFB.jpg
Bj5jr0r.jpg
J77FFOh.jpg
ObhjYcS.jpg

Some Classic Levels (unlockable by finding them in the campaign) and Snapmap crap.

Q7so8PL.jpg
TFmnNML.jpg
eIN126I.jpg
ErFiSA9.jpg

y6JGH5T.jpg
tXFbQgF.jpg
8zQujQG.jpg
LaFuEns.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Why are you guys playing boring old rpgs? Are your computers too old?

I'm just not very interested in dating simulations and interactive movies.

IMO they probably are, but it is also possible that they are obstructed by nostalgia, constantly trying to relive their childhood, unwilling to trz out new stuff...

Hey, I've played plenty of new stuff the past few years.
Wizardry 1-5, Dark Heart of Uukrul, Magic Candle to name a few, were all new to me. :smug:

sser

Arcane
Developer
I like the Doom music. Doom 3 had a pretty sick main theme, too, but I grew up playing a lot of games with a sort of techno/industrial/metal mix (like Hell's March from Red Alert 1/2).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
sqJYjy.jpg

HAAA HAAA HAAA

FOOOOOOLISH SAMURAI

tk7Xfn.jpg

Alcohol at work - accidents may happen!

PTcC90.jpg

You half the man you used to be!

E0GdvH.jpg

I love the shuriken

SjHz5P.jpg

Time to get erased!

YuFItu.jpg

OOoo, must be american made

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It would've been nice to see an emphasis on the demonic violation of relatable, mundane human environments in the UAC base rather than dark industrial corridors and security checkpoints caked in entrails and blood, something that has always proved a challenge for sci-fi horror. I thought the Event Horizon nod in The AMC Mod Episode 2 did a much better job of depicting a research facility being progressively subsumed by Hell.
Yeah, it really lacks anything like the fleshy map bits of doom. Hell looks like some cartoon wasteland.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom