Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by potatojohn, May 21, 2012.

1. HansDampf Arcane

HansDampf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fragments of Euclid. More concept than game.

• Brofist x 3
    • Creative x 3
    • Interesting x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Trying out M&B: Warband Prophecy of Pendor Mod and got lucky with rescuing a maiden in early game.

[​IMG]
    Show Spoiler

Releasing her would give me her faction rep +5
    Ransoming her would give some nice cash but loss of faction rep
    But paying 200 denars to get her geared up...gets me this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:hmmm: I'm only level 9 you know.

Rescued around 20-30 peasant and I start to slow down due to the army size.

[​IMG]

And as usual Cavalry is insanely powerful. Especially with how fucking short time before contact in engagements. Lancers just blow shit away in one hit.

[​IMG]

What a fun mod. Too bad I keep getting rekt by xenophobic Elves and their insane high tier gear.

• Brofist x 2
    • Interesting x 2
    • M'lady x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    • popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Batsugun

A rather easy compared to other arcade shooters, but still the great audiovisuals and overkill weapons made me replay it again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Beowulf Arcane

Beowulf
    Care to write a few words about it?
    The maps seem rather small.

^ Top  
  5. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    It is a tactical game where you lead a group that fights against 3 different gangs. Not realistic one, more like 80's action flick.
    I just finished my first play through despite playing some 80 hours before it was fully released.
    -There's strategic map layer where you choose where to attack, manage inventory, buy stuff, choose strike team and build facilities which are mostly simple upgrades etc.
    -Usually you just go for simple defeat all enemies type missions, but there are couple other types too. Mainly defend a civilian (luckily these are under player control) or stop hostiles escaping with loot.
    -Some encounters give you short CYOA where some skill, players reputation or presence of certain companion might give better result.
    -Objective of the game is to defeat bosses of all 3 gangs. To find those bosses you must get that info from lieutenants (3 or 4 per gang depending on campaign length.) Of course you must locate said lieutenants 1st.
    -Game tracks use of lethal force which affects some outcomes on some CYOA bits, some companions also prefer or dislike killing which affects their relationship with main character.
    -Besides fighting and occasional CYOA there's no interractions on tactical maps, no optional NPCs to chat with or hidden containers etc.
    -On tactical level there's no fog-of-war you can see the whole map and everyone on it.
    -Has rudimentary morale system, enemies might flee and some enemies (or players characters with certain perks) may cause fear.

Maps are larger than those screens would let you believe. It's just that most of the time enemies come at you which tends to make encounters clustered brawls.

edit:
    Codex thread, link to page when it got out of early access.
    https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...o-noir-turn-based-tactical-rpg.110656/page-43

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Edija Erudite Patron

Edija
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • nice nice x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    [​IMG]

Bashar uses sarin. Better reload.

[​IMG]

Big trubble indeed!

[​IMG]

Then once it's done talking, suddenly it turns into a grey dragon.

And Bashar's treasure chamber doesn't even hold shit :neveraskedforthis:

• Brofist x 3
    • nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Beowulf Arcane

Beowulf
    More Space Hulk.
    This time we are facing Blood Angels:
    [​IMG]

Show Spoiler

They are in the room with the objective, close to the evacuation, and they have all of the entrances blocked (Lighting Claws and Thunder Hammer are really good combined with the Guard stance, and some buffs from cards).
    [​IMG]

Using my own cards, I managed to take out the Heavy Weapons Bearer carrying Assault Cannon, as he risked having only 1 tile of Overwatch. I got him with my last Genestealer in range, with his last AP (and I still had 66% to win).
    After that I managed to kill the Librarian with this new Genestealer Biomorph type - Reaperfex. They are OP as fuck, because they can go through occupied squares and have 8 AP (regular Genestealers have 6). I basically teleported through the closed door to an unoccupied square and engaged his Librarian from the side.
    [​IMG]

Honestly I don't like this Biomorphs at all, as they unbalance the gameplay too much in my opinion. Thankfully you can only have a limited number of them, you have to convert a blip with 2-3 Genestealers, and if SM player manages to gain LOS on the Blip when it's converting, it automatically vanishes.
    [​IMG]

On the next turn I try to attack Brother Apothecary from the rear. He already managed to resurrect his Sergeant once, when I managed to win a melee (that's the Apothecary's ability in that game, it's a roll with 50% chance of success). He defended against both of my attacks this time[​IMG]

With my last action I decided to attack his buffed Sergeant from the rear. This time lady luck is on my side:
    [​IMG]

And 3rd kill secures me the win. After that I got the message, that the host has left the game :positive:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Brofist x 3
    • Heresy x 3
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    Soul Calibur VI

Yep, it's finally here. For the first time, we have a (real) Soul Calibur title on PC! For casual and singleplayer fans like me this is a great mix of all the game modes from recent titles - extensive character customization (though a little light on items that will inevitably end up as overpriced DLC packs, it does have the ability to choose custom races like skeletons, mummies, statues, automatons and such, putting it above SC IV and V), the usual arcade mode, a story-driven "Chronicle of Souls" mode following the painfully boring Kilik/Maxi/Xinghua plus side-stories for the other members of the roster, and an rpg-lite "Libra of Souls" where you create a custom character and travel around the world to level up your character and gain special weapons or consumables. Odlly, the latter is actually the most difficult of all the modes due to most of the fights involving high-level, combo-happy, input-reading AI and extreme debuffs for the player character (such as enemy combatants not flinching, or your health continuously draining, or being unable to win except via ring out or special attacks and so on) - I finished the main story but didn't bother doing much from the bonus Chapter as it was just getting frustrating. I'd characterize LoS as a story-driven blend of the old Weapon Master challenges from SC II and the Tower of Lost Souls from SC IV, which seems like an odd decision considering how fans of waifu-crafting and dressing up dolls usually aren't the most hardcore, challenge-driven segment of the community

I won't say much about gameplay as I'm not really a Fighting Game guy, but it was pretty easy to get into based on my memories of SC IV and V, and despite my terrible reflexes I didn't have too much trouble with Arcade and Chronicle of Souls using basic combos and the odd reversal edge/guard impact. The latter are fairly newbie-friendly features wherein you can block attacks and trigger a Rock-Paper-Scissors sequence to cause a large chunk of damage or evade, or simply press forward+guard at the correct time to block pretty much any kind of attack and briefly stun the enemy. These are mostly useful when stuck in a corner and unable to find breathing space, although, trying to hit a highly skilled AI with a reversal edge is virtually impossible and using a guard impact will cause the same level of foe to spaz and suddenly start spamming guard impact themselves.

I don't know what the multiplayer is like because I'm not gay. I remember in SC IV's online I just spammed Nightmare's horizontal attacks to kill flat-chested anime girls and it never failed, so it's probably the same here.

The music is generally pretty catchy and helps stimulate the fights, though none of the new tracks have quite stuck out compared to riffs on the classic tracks, at least for me. Visually it's...reasonable enough. Obviously if you like waifus and exaggerated borderline-anime designs you'll like the art direction, though I personally thought characters like Groh and the Aval members looked a little too ridiculous and anachronistic even by the series' usual standards. On a technical level it's somewhat underwhelming - it looked pretty much the same as SC IV/V on the 360 to me - and sure enough they recycle a lot of custom character assets from the last two games. It definitely feels like a game made on a budget, with very few different arenas and the majority of the story delivered by static screens with some text (I imagine the loading screens are probably longer than the conversations themselves if you're on an HDD).

For the average player this is an absurdly overpriced title even without counting the season pass and obscene nickle-and-diming of Waifu Enthusiasts that Namco-Bandai are infamous for. For me it was worth it because I got to make cute grils, so I give it 9/10 (-1 for the limited ass customization).

Show Spoiler

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My Waifu

Show Spoiler

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

When you tell her she's your wife:
    [​IMG]

When she meets another pair of big honkers:
    [​IMG]

When she bullies you:
    [​IMG]

When she sees it:
    [​IMG]

• Excited! x 5
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Fixed. :shittydog:

• Funny x 8
    • Doggy x 2
    • nice x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Kitty x 1
    • popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Bocian Arcane

Bocian
    [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Edija Erudite Patron

Edija
    [​IMG]

• Kitty Kitty x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Yet another failed Nord counterattack on Vaegir territory.
    Their lack of cavalry is their undoing.

[​IMG]

Show Spoiler

A feast is held prior to the siege on the last Nordic castle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plenty of arrows to salvage in between shots.

[​IMG]

The Nords were driven off their own walls and are slowly crushed.

[​IMG]

It wasn't as easy as the open field battles. Casualties were high on both sides, but the attackers had way more bodies to throw.

[​IMG]

The last Nord Castle is taken.

[​IMG]

The defeated jarls scattered to the winds, unfortunate ones ended up as captives.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All that's left is to hunt down the landless Jarls...

[​IMG]

No mercy. Death by a hundred arrows.

[​IMG]

Ad Victoriam.

• NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    What relation does this game have to Vapor Trail?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vapor_Trail:_Hyper_Offence_Formation

At first I chuckled at the use of the Viggen again in a shoot em up, but then noticed in the spoilers how the plane in this game uses the side weapons as the Viggen does as its special weapon:

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Latelistener Cipher

Latelistener
    [​IMG]

• incline x 4
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 3
    • Brofist x 2
    • nice x 2
    • Prestigious x 2
    • it is a mystery x 2
    • Deus Vult x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    • Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. baronjohn Cipher

baronjohn
    [​IMG]

Stacies aren't tolerated in the New Incel Republic

• Despair x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Chainmail? Really?
    These modders being modders again
    of course it was d00ty, bunch of slack-jawed slavs

^ Top  
  18. HansDampf Arcane

HansDampf
    [​IMG]
    Descending further into Overload, this time on "Insane" difficulty as prep for the inevitable Insane+ run.
    :mixedemotions:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After I grabbed the cloak, these Valkyries would fly mindlessly into walls, as if their AI turned off. I'm not complaining. They are cunts.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Time bomb and chill.

[​IMG]
    I'm dying anyway...

[​IMG]

:5/5:

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  19. CryptRat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Developer

CryptRat
    [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Good game btw.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    Hairy legs.

Would not.

• Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Are you sure she is your son?

[​IMG]

• "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Night Slashers X

A fan made version of arcade machine for OpenBor. I really liked, that bodies don't disappear and there is a lot more carnage and body count.

[​IMG]

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    [​IMG]

Thus begins the adventure of Boreale Emprahson.

[​IMG]

HERESY

[​IMG]

Heresy begets retribution.

• Brofist x 7
    • incline x 2
    • [citation needed] x 2
    • Heresy x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Modron Arcane

Modron
    I am sure with your mod setups you treat everyone like a woman.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Martyr Magister

Martyr
    here you can see the whole UNATCO base fighting Walton Simons :D
    [​IMG]

Manderley joining the party !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

how did this happen?
    I gave Shannon a headshot with my sawed off shotgun, UNATCO troopers started attacking me, I ran away, Simons got hit by one of their bullets and wasn't too happy about that.

how did it end?
    too many stray bullets hit poor J.C. :cry:

• Brofist x 6
    • Makes you think... x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.