Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Ivan

Arcane
End times
F812CF53098951D7E07AE79D350EDEB93EF674AF

71C52317400213D846AE4EA259CE344BF7AEE018

Psquit

Arcane
FOOLS BEHOLD! Kino gaming.

V8CNGLJ.jpg

Nah I'm just kidding... or am I?

LRuUUrTg.jpg

:prosper:

Actually let's see some Black mesa pics.
R4t5mVG.jpg

6THCNAO.jpg
aZEoEg2.jpg
pQGwjzf.jpg
udX2bWUg.jpg

:edgy:
NQwR57F.jpg
dHlZaIj.jpg

Xen reminds me of something out of Metroid Prime.
:desu:: Black mesa is eye candy in my opinion. The gameplay is clunky and the gunplay is awful (And I enjoyed System shock 2 gunplay). To be honest, I don't know why they took ages to make all this crap, I have seen indie devs with far more ambition make better games.

:3/5: if you paid $20 refund... lol even if you paid $5 refund. :keepmyjewgold:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sanity : Aiken's Artifact

Sanity is an interesting action adventure game made by Monolith. I didn't have opportunity to play it earlier, but decided to do it instead of replaying some other title. From the long and informative intro we find out, that Dr. Joan Aiken had discovered a way to inject a special serum into the human brain, which will grant this human powerful psychic abilities, known as "talents". The serum couldn't be absorbed by adults, so it was decided to try injecting two brothers - Cain and Abel. We play the role of Cain, who is working for Department of National Psionic Control (DNPC), which deals with those, who are misusing their psionic abilities.

Powered by Lithtech engine, Sanity looks nice even today. The color pallet reminds me of No One Lives Forever, but it's not the only similarity. With nice top-down perspective we control Cain like in a typical Diablo clone with some additions. We use our badge to help us getting through some checkpoints, and a cell phone to contact the base. But the main mechanic here are psychic abilities called Talents. They are represented by visible cards, giving us different powers. Every one of them belongs to the corresponding Totem, an equivalent of magic schools.

There is a lot of them, since we have :
1 - Fire
2 - Sun
3 - Illusion
4 - Science
5 - Demonology
6 - Death
7 - Storm
8 - Truth

As usual, we can find offensive, defensive and supporting talents. There are too many of them, and we mostly find them during our journey, killing the bosses and last but not least - using some secret paths which are optional. What I really like about them, it's their presentation. For example, when we use Mummy's Revenge, A huge mummy smashes the ground in front of where you click. Invisibility makes Cain covered in a blanket like in a magic show and dissapear. We can also summon different support, like demons, suicide robots and some more. Plus the shields, which are very helpful during some tough battles since Sanity
doesn't have any inventory system for Hit Points / Mana. We find vials with them in some places, but we mostly take them from killed enemies. This is why battles tend to be less about spamming strong talents, and more about defeating foes as efficient as possible. The are some health and mana upgrades, which permanently increase them, and for those who like to snoop around, there are some secret locations with them as well.

If our mana drops to zero, Cain goes into a strange delirium disco mode, when we can't do nothing and he looses some of his health. His regeneration abiliy isn't great, and unlike in newer titles, it only replenishes the small levels of magic energy. There are some hard battles, but for the most of the time, playing on medium difficulty wasn't frustrating at all. The gun is too weak, especially later on and it should be used as a last resort.

There is no side quests, but we go with the story and our first case quickly becomes something more. I don't want to spoil it, since it's not a long game, and told in a brief manner. For those who are more inquisitive, there are computer terminals and for something extra there is also mind reading, which is similar to Divinity 2. I wonder if Larian was inspired by Sanity. Sometimes the results are really funny.

And speaking of funny, we can see the type of humor, that was later expanded in NOLF. Mostly of course thanks to dialogues. The VA is excellent, we hear people from Half Life (Barney, G-Man) and Monolith favourites, like Kit Harris who voiced Cate Archer. Plus of course our protagonist, voiced by Ice T. I must admit, that I was sceptic at first, but the more I played, the more I was sure it was a good move. He is confident, not very often humorous, but knows how to play it cool. He really fits his role. You will hear very familiar voices through the whole game. The tongue in a cheek style of narration with some light jokes works like an adhesive that is attached to the main quest.

The music, once again made by Guy Whitmore has it's moments, but the tracks are just too short for the most of the time. What surprised me though, it's that Sanity is a very stable game. It uses the Lithtech 2.0 engine, and even with alt tabbing and keeping it running there was no crashes. During the playthrough there were no problems at all. Considering the problems and crashes that occur during running Blood 2 and Shogo, it's a great change.

The only problem I have found are the two puzzles, which took some time to solve them and the pacing of the game was slower due to that. Sometimes the camera didn't positioned properly, but it wasn't NWN 2 level of frustrations.

Since the game isn't available on GOG or Steam, the Cd version has a problem with installing. The installer is 16-bit, but we need a 32-bit version. Thankfully, the Pc Gaming Wiki has the solution for that:

1. Download 32-bit version of the installer executable from here.
  2. Copy the CD contents to any folder on your HDD.
  3. Put the installer from Is3Engine.zip archive in the same folder.
  4. Run the new installer from your HDD.

client2019-08-1222-356fjw7.jpg

client2019-08-1311-54buj0d.jpg

client2019-08-1312-36xpj2g.jpg

client2019-08-1314-42w9jit.jpg

client2019-08-1315-07d3k3i.jpg

client2019-08-1315-0983k4a.jpg

client2019-08-1315-350bj8x.jpg

client2019-08-1322-51xkk2a.jpg

client2019-08-1615-1050k4s.jpg

client2019-08-1615-34f0kb9.jpg

The owner of this manor has an excellent taste, when it comes to paintings :obviously:.

client2019-08-1616-06vojdi.jpg

client2019-08-1617-29vmj4g.jpg

client2019-08-1618-07x5k33.jpg

client2019-08-1714-34p0jxs.jpg

client2019-08-1716-46x2kdx.jpg

client2019-08-1718-417yj01.jpg

client2019-08-1718-580vj2q.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sanity : Aiken's Artifact

Sanity is an interesting action adventure game made by Monolith. I didn't have opportunity to play it earlier, but decided to do it instead of replaying some other title. From the long and informative intro we find out, that Dr. Joan Aiken had discovered a way to inject a special serum into the human brain, which will grant this human powerful psychic abilities, known as "talents". The serum couldn't be absorbed by adults, so it was decided to try injecting two brothers - Cain and Abel. We play the role of Cain, who is working for Department of National Psionic Control (DNPC), which deals with those, who are misusing their psionic abilities.

Powered by Lithtech engine, Sanity looks nice even today. The color pallet reminds me of No One Lives Forever, but it's not the only similarity. With nice top-down perspective we control Cain like in a typical Diablo clone with some additions. We use our badge to help us getting through some checkpoints, and a cell phone to contact the base. But the main mechanic here are psychic abilities called Talents. They are represented by visible cards, giving us different powers. Every one of them belongs to the corresponding Totem, an equivalent of magic schools.

There is a lot of them, since we have :
1 - Fire
2 - Sun
3 - Illusion
4 - Science
5 - Demonology
6 - Death
7 - Storm
8 - Truth

As usual, we can find offensive, defensive and supporting talents. There are too many of them, and we mostly find them during our journey, killing the bosses and last but not least - using some secret paths which are optional. What I really like about them, it's their presentation. For example, when we use Mummy's Revenge, A huge mummy smashes the ground in front of where you click. Invisibility makes Cain covered in a blanket like in a magic show and dissapear. We can also summon different support, like demons, suicide robots and some more. Plus the shields, which are very helpful during some tough battles since Sanity
doesn't have any inventory system for Hit Points / Mana. We find vials with them in some places, but we mostly take them from killed enemies. This is why battles tend to be less about spamming strong talents, and more about defeating foes as efficient as possible. The are some health and mana upgrades, which permanently increase them, and for those who like to snoop around, there are some secret locations with them as well.

If our mana drops to zero, Cain goes into a strange delirium disco mode, when we can't do nothing and he looses some of his health. His regeneration abiliy isn't great, and unlike in newer titles, it only replenishes the small levels of magic energy. There are some hard battles, but for the most of the time, playing on medium difficulty wasn't frustrating at all. The gun is too weak, especially later on and it should be used as a last resort.

There is no side quests, but we go with the story and our first case quickly becomes something more. I don't want to spoil it, since it's not a long game, and told in a brief manner. For those who are more inquisitive, there are computer terminals and for something extra there is also mind reading, which is similar to Divinity 2. I wonder if Larian was inspired by Sanity. Sometimes the results are really funny.

And speaking of funny, we can see the type of humor, that was later expanded in NOLF. Mostly of course thanks to dialogues. The VA is excellent, we hear people from Half Life (Barney, G-Man) and Monolith favourites, like Kit Harris who voiced Cate Archer. Plus of course our protagonist, voiced by Ice T. I must admit, that I was sceptic at first, but the more I played, the more I was sure it was a good move. He is confident, not very often humorous, but knows how to play it cool. He really fits his role. You will hear very familiar voices through the whole game. The tongue in a cheek style of narration with some light jokes works like an adhesive that is attached to the main quest.

The music, once again made by Guy Whitmore has it's moments, but the tracks are just too short for the most of the time. What surprised me though, it's that Sanity is a very stable game. It uses the Lithtech 2.0 engine, and even with alt tabbing and keeping it running there was no crashes. During the playthrough there were no problems at all. Considering the problems and crashes that occur during running Blood 2 and Shogo, it's a great change.

The only problem I have found are the two puzzles, which took some time to solve them and the pacing of the game was slower due to that. Sometimes the camera didn't positioned properly, but it wasn't NWN 2 level of frustrations.

Since the game isn't available on GOG or Steam, the Cd version has a problem with installing. The installer is 16-bit, but we need a 32-bit version. Thankfully, the Pc Gaming Wiki has the solution for that:

1. Download 32-bit version of the installer executable from here.
  2. Copy the CD contents to any folder on your HDD.
  3. Put the installer from Is3Engine.zip archive in the same folder.
  4. Run the new installer from your HDD.

client2019-08-1222-356fjw7.jpg

client2019-08-1311-54buj0d.jpg

client2019-08-1312-36xpj2g.jpg

client2019-08-1314-42w9jit.jpg

client2019-08-1315-07d3k3i.jpg

client2019-08-1315-0983k4a.jpg

client2019-08-1315-350bj8x.jpg

client2019-08-1322-51xkk2a.jpg

client2019-08-1615-1050k4s.jpg

client2019-08-1615-34f0kb9.jpg

The owner of this manor has an excellent taste, when it comes to paintings :obviously:.

client2019-08-1616-06vojdi.jpg

client2019-08-1617-29vmj4g.jpg

client2019-08-1618-07x5k33.jpg

client2019-08-1714-34p0jxs.jpg

client2019-08-1716-46x2kdx.jpg

client2019-08-1718-417yj01.jpg

client2019-08-1718-580vj2q.jpg
Any melee combat or is it all dakka dakka?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Skz1Ud7.png

Replayed Silent Hill 2, PC version with Enhanced edition patch. Ran smooth as butter and looked amazing, the only bug i've experienced was a distorted Toluca labyrinth map (though it made labyrinth into actual labyrinth).

Story-wise it's probably a pinnacle of the series, though gameplay posed like zero challenge - there were loads of ammo and healing supplies. Not feeling like playing on harder combat difficulties, since it makes enemies into complete damage sponges.

CKY49xs.png

bJ65DO4.png

6lme965.png

S7t2gs3.png

nC0Dzm8.png

xa9E6tr.png

0ulhan2.png

H2Vsrhg.png

rGMHLAZ.png

88jWh2e.png

PY3A4l7.png

vo87Ve7.png

Pzk5VEd.png

W13OQ7s.png

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
2019-09-19 (3).jpg

2019-09-19 (1).jpg

Just started AOE2, and damn history is awesome, so I will be reading. Doing tutorials now. First RTS game ever baby.

Wunderbar

Arcane

Reinhardt

Arcane
Installed most of the mods i could find. Also added slower exp and dungeon progression and removed escape from battle and mission. + self-imposed rule - only one character from each class.

Week 2 - already only boss missions... Fuck this gay Earth.

okx9oX5.png

howlingFantods

Learned
smaug. At first when I saw your shitposter tag I was surprised.

but then you post the two most boring screenshots of AOEII that you could possibly find in the entirety of the game.
literally the menu screen and a fucking book.
and now I'm starting to appreciate you as the subtlest shitposter that has ever shat upon this forum.
well done

schru

Arcane
Howdyou get it to run smoothly men?
The GOG version comes with a wrapper for 3-D acceleration where it's possible to set a higher output resolution than what the game is set to be rendered at in the engine (it's best to keep that one at 640x480 or whatever was the default), so if the latter resolution is kept low, the performance should be decent. Swapping dgVoodoo for nGlide with which the GOG version comes and using Direct3D renderer in SVN Daum DOSBox might also yield better performance. I've beat it recently on a 2.6 GHz CPU and the frame rate was bearable for the most part. Only some final encounters with more enemies were a problem.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Killed one boss on week 2 with lvl 0-1 party. Also killed mini-boss and found secret room in same mission

MwGiaYB.png

Aaaaand on week 3 again only boss quests...

nwpf44H.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom