Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sega may be working on Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio sequels

If they were making new Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio games, I’d think they were probably making them with in eye towards Xbox Game Pass, and that they likely wouldn’t announce them until right around the time it’s actually going to come out...or when it is coming out like Microsoft did with Hi-Fi Rush.

These could also be games with very small teams making them over the course of a few years to keep cost down. Like teams the size of the last games in these series that came out on Xbox, so it could be a ways off too.

It would be funny if they were making new Crazy Taxi and JSR games to put inside of a Yakuza game or something like that.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Crazy taxi was made obsolete when they put the entire game of crazy taxi in to grand theft auto 3 as one of several minor, pointless side activities. I'd play another jet grind radio game though as long as they don't ruin it with modern mega cringe.

GTA taxi jobs are like Mild Taxi, that minigame was never as good or as fun as Crazy Taxi. Just like GTA5 tennis isn’t anywhere near as good as Virtua Tennis, and fishing in RDR2 isn’t as good as Sega Bass Fishing.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Yeeeaaah right, I can vividly recall renting crazy taxi on ps2 because there were no good games out when it was new and as soon as gta 3 came out I somehow convinced my parents to buy it. I couldn't believe I had ever lowered myself to playing such a low quality, low effort piece of trash game like crazy taxi after playing gta3.

Crazy taxi is cheap shovelware designed to steal money from children and you can't even run over pedestrians or damage your vehicle. :0/5:

Ezekiel

Arcane

My highest score in the Dreamcast map. Medium traffic, maximum time.

Lol. The taxi minigame is lame. The car is slow and you're seemingly not even attacking a score.

jaekl

Educated
Patron

My highest score in the Dreamcast map. Medium traffic, maximum time.

Lol. The taxi minigame is lame. The car is slow and you're seemingly not even attacking a score.

Neither of them deserve to be played for more than 5 minutes while you're too intoxicated to think. That's why it's a shitty throwaway mini game and no one with any respect for a player would attempt to sell it to you as a full game.

I suppose a retard like yourself might have a lot of fun with crazy taxi while you sit around gnawing on a controller and picking kernels of corn out of your diaper for snacks. But I'm speaking for people with taste and sophistication.

Falksi

Arcane
Shinobi looks superb, really hope they nail that.

Not keen on the Streets of Rage look. Been playing loads of Streets of Rage 4 lately, easily the best beat em up ever made, and I'm not sure 3D will capture that magic. We'll see.

Golden Axe looks interesting. Hope it takes it's cues from the Souls games and not the God of War ones.

It's retarded to compare the GTA minigame with Crazy Taxi, what are you people smoking?

I'm not too fond of the style of either Shinobi, Golden Axe or Streets of Rage, although Shinobi looks the most accomplished. If they have a good single player, a lot can be forgiven. Of course, they're citing Fortnite as their model, so...

Häyhä

Arbiter
All of them looked lackluster, hopefully those are really early versions. No reason for any hype based on that teaser. I'm a huge fan of JSR, especially Future, one of my favourite games with very original aesthetic and gameplay and the new one doesn't look nearly as good, lacks that edge and cel-shaded look of the originals. Eh, hope for the best expect the worst.

This is JSR:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Jet Set Radio needs better gameplay. I don't just want the same thing in 2024/'25. Infinite grinds for points made it dull.

Offbrand Conan is always welcome! We need more Conan games.

The original Golden Axe captured the spirit of Conan, which was the spirit of the 1982 movie that was its inspiration. You can use the film's concept art and put it on the cover of the Mega Drive game. The few seconds of that video look more like WoW or Kingdom of Amalur.

Anyway, I'm too blackpilled on this subject. It's better to reserve judgement.

911 Jumper

Educated
Remaking the past in an attempt to recapture the glory days because they don't have the creative talent to do something new.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Jet Set Radio needs better gameplay. I don't just want the same thing in 2024/'25. Infinite grinds for points made it dull.

Sure, the gameplay could and should be expanded with more to do and more ways to do it. The controls could be made tighter and more responsive and add more complex moves and tricks to master, although it obviously needs to feel that you're on (rocket)skates.

Graphically it should really jump out of the screen, lots and lots of color and detail, plenty of pedestrians, cars, FLYING cars etc. and larger areas where you can look far-away and figure "how am I going to get THERE?". I wouldn't mind them also throwing a few mini-games in there too Yakuza-style, maybe make your own skater punk as the main character (but also have other characters to play as occasionally).

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Offbrand Conan is always welcome! We need more Conan games.

The original Golden Axe captured the spirit of Conan, which was the spirit of the 1982 movie that was its inspiration. You can use the film's concept art and put it on the cover of the Mega Drive game. The few seconds of that video look more like WoW or Kingdom of Amalur.

Anyway, I'm too blackpilled on this subject. It's better to reserve judgement.

Instantly recognisable death sound and musical beat to any golden axe fan.

More Conan games.

how-to-find-conan-obrien-in-death-stranding-ps4-guide.large.jpg

Not keen on the Streets of Rage look. Been playing loads of Streets of Rage 4 lately, easily the best beat em up ever made, and I'm not sure 3D will capture that magic. We'll see.

Golden Axe looks interesting. Hope it takes it's cues from the Souls games and not the God of War ones.

Shinobi looks like it’s being made by the team that did Streets of Rage 4.

I’m really interested in that new 3D Streets of Rage. Sega essentially made a 3D Streets of Rage game back in the late ‘90s with the arcade game SpikeOut. That was made by the team that is now know as: Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio.

I could see a 3D Streets of Rage playing something like a cross between Def Jam: Fight for New York and Urban Reign and Dragon’s Dogma. If they’re giving them special moves, the easiest way to do them in 3D would probably be similar to how Dragon’s Dogma handles using skills. And I’d expect team up attacks to return, and be somewhat similar to AKI games. The little bit they showed kind of makes me wonder if it'll have stages more like a fighting game like Fight for NY and Urban Reign have. At least during the little clip they showed it looks like they’re in smaller area environments like you’d expect in Def Jam. Almost makes me wonder if instead of Sega it’s being developed by one of those studios that’s done a game in the mold of Power Stone.

Crazy Taxi and the new Jet Set Radio game I think are being done internally at Sega.

lightbane

Arcane
The ultimate surprise would be a new game of Ecco The Dolphin, but the chances of that happening are near zero. Even if you "updated" it by making it set in space so that you have space dolphins to get mainstream attention.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
You retards still in here talking about crazy taxi? It's not even a real game, it's a low quality carnival ride designed to trick kids into spending all of their lunch money. If it was released now under a different name, it would be considered the kind of shovelware that your girlfriend plays on her cellphone in between black dicks. These japs have got you confused, shake your heads until you start seeing some sense.

Tehdagah

Arcane

I would rather have a new Shinobi made in the styles of the PS2 games.

I would rather have a new Shinobi made in the styles of the PS2 games.

nioh?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom